1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Hyeon-gyu

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jan 25, 2023.

Discuss Oh Hyeon-gyu in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    L-Oh-l

The_Bhoy likes this.
  2. Hydrobhoy

as long as after he's played we aint calling him uh-oh.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night

Did Frimpong owe the mafia some money , looks like he's took a kicking

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Opportunity missed for an Oh pun there mate

6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Fixed that for you mate

7. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic

The_Bhoy, NakamuraTastic and Skelleto like this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hyeongyu Oh vowed to produce an unforgettable debut for Celtic fans when he makes his bow for the Scottish Premiership champions. The 21-year-old striker became the fourth January signing after penning a deal to move to the east end of Glasgow from K-League side Suwon Bluewings in a deal worth around £2.5 million.

And Oh wants to make a quick impact when he makes his debut. Ange Postecoglou takes his side to Tannadice on Sunday where the Hoops thumped Dundee United 9-0 on their last visit. And Oh, presented to the media at Parkhead, said: “I want to give a good impression on my debut and make it a match that no one will be able to forget.

“The manager showed a lot of faith in me to bring me here, and I want to pay him back by scoring lots of goals. From the moment I heard the offer, I always dreamed about coming over to Celtic and I was looking forward to meeting the fans.

“I always believed that if I put in good performances in South Korea that I would become a Celtic player, so I have been looking forward to this moment. Since I have been a youth player I have always dreamed about playing for a big European club, that has always been my aim.

“I believe I developed well at my former club and this was my time to move on and become a Celtic player. I have always wanted to play in a European league since I visited the UK in 2015. From that moment I knew I wanted to play for one of the big clubs. When Celtic offered I never even had to consider anything else because I knew right away I wanted to come here.”

9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    So, he's been to the UK as a boy? Interesting. I'm as eager to see him play for us as he's eager to get his debut.

10. Danny 4692

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Love this boys jib

11. PaddyJamieson

Big man's itching to play.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou’s mantra of ‘We Never Stop’ it would seem isn’t limited to playing to the final whistle on the pitch if his resolution, perseverance and persistence in chasing down the signature of Hyeongyu Oh is anything to go by.

The striker first heard about the Celtic manager’s interest in him last September, and the former Suwon Samsung Bluewings player is grateful for the Australian's determination and patience in getting his man.

Speaking at Celtic Park today, the new Bhoy said: “There’s nothing much I’ve done. It was all thanks to the manager because it was a pretty long time and a few months of negotiations.

‘It could have been easy for the manager to give up if it didn’t seem like working out, but I’m thankful that the manager didn’t give up.’

“As it took a long time I was a little bit nervous, but as a player there was nothing I could do.

“As a Suwon player at that time I had to show my best performances for them and now I am very happy to be here finally.

“As the manager wanted me so much, I want to pay him back by scoring a lot of goals.”

The interest from Celtic that the player heard of back in September became concrete when a firm bid was put in, and Oh was delighted.

He said: “From the moment I heard the offer, I dreamed about coming over to Celtic, so I was looking forward to meeting the fans and everything.

“I believed that if I showed good performances with Suwon that I would one day maybe become a Celtic player, so I was looking forward to that moment.

“As a young youth player I always dreamed about moving to a European club. It was one of my big aims and I believe that with Suwon I had good development and now is my time to move on and become a Celtic player.

‘When Celtic offered, I didn’t have to think about anything else.’

“I know that the manager was in Japan before, and because of that I was sure that he knew the good points about Asian players and that certainly had an influence on me.”

After donning the Hoops for the photographers in Paradise, Oh is looking forward to wearing them for real on the pitch and he want to make a debut to remember.

He added: “I want to give a good impression on my debut and make it a match that nobody will forget.

“I know that Celtic is a very pro-active team and I think I’m a player who is very strong in the penalty box, and I think I can take a good position when there’s a chance.

“Training was very tough yesterday, but it’s my time to adapt and when I’ve adapted I am sure that I can make a big development here.”

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  13. Dylan1996 Gold Member Brigade Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Mental he's said the deal was in negotiations for a few months before it went through.

Still no used to us getting * sorted early these days :84:

14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby

September !!!

Haha still getting used to this

Dylan1996 likes this.
  15. PaddyJamieson

Probably began negotiations shortly after the summer window closed. Mental.

Ange was obviously desperate for this lad which is as encouraging as it gets. Can't wait to see him play.

16. horseshoe

Puts to bed the daft comments I've seen from a few that we only went in for him because the Cho deal stalled.

AussieGreek and DonnyCelt like this.
  17. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Quite well built this lad!

18. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The cheapest player jersey ever! Celtic plc pushing to double digits for the number printer at the store!!!! Haha

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

"Due to supply issues the letter O and H have risen to £9.99"

Good old lawell will have that covered :fear:

20. Sgt Neppers*

Very good interview. Speaks well and confidently. Very enthusiastic, keen to come since September and said Ange did most the work. Respectful of his club in South Korea and in English said No problem if he's ready to start.

Epitome of an Ange signing. Give him time and patience I think he's gonna be a very good addition. Looking forward to him bouncing defenders off him.

NakamuraTastic and Tommy25 like this.