1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Correct , Ange aint stupid and will stick with Celtic for another season. If he feels his mission has been accomplished then he will move on

2. Larsson'snose

I didn't know I could love a manager this much.

3. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Dumb * news in OZ saying Ange in line for Everton. Lazy reporters who dont give a * about football in Australia

VT8 and Rogicisgod like this.
  4. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ange may well hope to try himself in England's top league before retirement but Everton, although a big club, have had that look of a sinking ship for a while now and I won't be surprised if they still go down, regardless of who the new manager is. He won't be here forever but I don't see this opportunity as being the one to tempt him away(if Everton are even interested in him anyway).

5. PaddyJamieson

Like others, I'm confident he'll be here till the end of next season.

But I won't lie, I will be nervous over summer, and all of next season when a position opens up down there.

6. celtic warrior

If a club outside of top 8 ever became available again within the next two years and they are st least still seem to running well enough I'd say there is two jobs that would tempt Ange.

Brighton and Brentford.

He won't get offered a top 6 job straight from us and everyone else from the likes of West Ham, Everton, Leicester, Palace, Leeds and others are all mostly relegation candidates and just aren't run well enough for Ange to take on.

In saying that clubs like Everton are just a basket case of a club, Nottingham Forrest as well.

Ignoring the fact its looking likely that Everton and Southampton go down there just doesn't seem to be any really attractive jobs in the EPL that Ange would want that are outside the top 8 clubs.

And I know Brighton and Brentford as I type this are technically sitting in the top 8 but I don't think they will be in 2 years time, especially if clubs like Chelsea get their * together and Unai Emery Stays at Villa and I think it goes without saying that Liverpool will get back into their groove within the next 2 years as they currently sit 9th right now.

7. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    The only teams I worry about who are maybe close to sacking their manager would be Leeds and West Ham. I think they’ll both be relatively safe from relegation. Bournemouth and Forest seem destined to go down and I’d imagine Southampton/Everton will be the ones fighting it out for survival. So, Leeds/West Ham are reasonably safe bets and they do spend a fair chunk of change. Think Leeds spent nearly £100 this summer alone. They’ve just spent £30m on another striker too. Think both sets of fans are wanting a change in manager too.

Leicester could be another one but I think Rodgers will get them out of there. Injuries will start to ease and they’ll pull away from the bottom of the league.

8. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Folk say he's here at least until end of next season but I'm more optimistic. You feel like at the end of next season his project at Celtic will really start coming to fruition . If we are able to keep hold of our prospects then you're talking about guys like Hatate and O'Riley coming into their own. McGregor, CCV, Kyogo, Jota will all be a level higher in a couple years IMO. Some of Broony's best stuff was in his 30s.

And that's without factoring in any of the new signings. The point is that if Ange has just grafted for 3 years to cultivate such a side then why call it quits there? I think it would take a ridiculously big club to prise him away at that stage. He will be raring to take that squad into year 4 imo. After that then you're probably coming to the end of the cycle but who knows

craigtheceltic and greengrocer like this.
  9. celtic warrior

I honestly believe Ange will make history here before leaving

Larsson'snose and johnboy19 like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Jackson Irvine is adamant that he always knew Ange Postecoglou would be a success at Celtic as the St Pauli midfielder gushed over the job his compatriot has done in Glasgow’s east end.

Irvine, a graduate of the Premiership champions’ academy, played under the 57-year-old when he was in charge of the Australian national team and always felt his manager was destined for bigger things.

Appearing on the Open Goal podcast a month before Postecoglou was appointed to the top job at Parkhead, Irvine touted Postecoglou for a move to Europe.

The clip resurfaced as Postecoglou closed in on his move and although some supporters doubted Irvine at the time, the 29-year-old is thrilled to have ended up on the right side of history.

“It's so funny how things work out,” Irvine told the Celtic View podcast.

“I spoke about Ange a few weeks before he got the job and people started referring back to that clip straight away when he was linked.

“People were giving me a hard time because of it. Being like '* Jackson Irvine says he's good, he must be great - who the * is this guy'?

“Then obviously he's come in and done really well. Everyone who has worked with him and knows what he is about will tell you it was a recipe for success.

“I'm delighted to see how well he's done and the transformation he's made on the team in such a short space of time has been very impressive to watch.

“It's no surprise from those that have worked with him that he has brought success.”

11. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Ange will stay with Celtic because he loves the club and has structured the squad in such a way that CL Europe will beckon every year. Clubs like Everton can't do that so the appeal is minimal.

12. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    To those saying he won't be interested in the Everton job because there are a mess....I refer you to the state of our club before he took over. We were a complete shambles top to bottom and he believed in himself enough to know he could turn it around sharpish. So that argument is a non starter.

I do think he'll be here till the end of next season though, he has on a mission here and don't think he'd easily just drop all that at the first sniff of an EPL job.

13. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    So we have a St Pauli player wearing a Bayern shirt.
    I only have one word to say.

"Weltpokalsiegerbesieger"

14. Dylan1996 Gold Member Brigade Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Bit of the fear since he left Australia job right before the World Cup. Suppose as long as the board backs him 100% there’s nothing to worry about

15. Al Bootyerbaws

I don’t even want to think about Ange leaving any time soon.

16. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Just thinking has Ange made any majorly “wrong decisions” since he’s joined us does anyone think? I think it’s mental how nearly everything he’s done with us from style of play, work ethic and transfers have been more or less spot on. Mental rebuild from the big man to the state Lennon left us in.

George Theodorou likes this.
  17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Iv never seen any manager get so many things spot on tbh. It's a miracle it's all worked out so perfect. What a man.

Crilly and George Theodorou like this.
  18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Everton me bollix... basket case of a club...

19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    The only real * up he's had was playing Kyogo against Betis when we had 1 fit striker. There's been a few minor ones like rotating the team at tricky away games, but that's about it.

Crilly likes this.
  20. BigManSmalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I think he'll be here for one more season.

One last crack at the CL in its current format then I think he'll take a job in the EPL after our European campaign is over next season.

I want him to stay forever but I am preparing myself for it just now.