1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone had or know someone who's had a hair transplant

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Sonic Reducer, Dec 24, 2022.

Discuss Anyone had or know someone who's had a hair transplant in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

McFadden will defo need a new one soon anyways :giggle1:

My mate was going thin as *, effectively bald. And genuinely got the elton. No transplant, just a full on wig. He's got a very high profile job so guess he fel he needed it..

McChiellini.. likes this.
  2. Mince.Charming

Aye?... They do most of their business through WhatsApp, message him on that or text. I know a few people that have used them and theres never been any issues.

They're regarded as one of the best places to go in Glasgow for work and price. Been open for 6 years.

3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Will do but I'm old fashioned as * and enjoy my emails :56: I know it's not your pals fault and there a big company all over the place but you'd think they'd employ someone to man the emails

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
  4. Mince.Charming

I think you're getting mixed up with somewhere else mate.
    They don't do marketing reply emails and it's an independent shop, not a big company.

honda likes this.
  5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

* aye your right. Thinking about "scalp"

Think ill give your guy a try. Needing mine touched up and booked in down England for March but really can't be arsed going all that way again.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  6. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Quite lucky with hair, 33 and still got a full head. No losing any. However, I know a few folk who have had different experiences with different places.

So, my brothers partner, his hair was going really thin. Like, really bad. So, when they moved down to London, before he moved he got a wig. * looks class by the way. Think he get's a new one done every 3 months and it costs him £150 to get it all glued etc. So, £50 a month it works out at. Looks class to be fair. No one down in London knows a thing.

I then had a mate who got two different transplants done in Turkey. First one in 2018 and then got another one last year. Think it cost him about £4k all in. Looks ok, still thin but it's hair and he had * all before.

Old school pal of mine was going fully bald, he got it done in Glasgow and his was like £7k. Really expensive and it looks the worst out the lot. So thin and while it still grows, it just looks so thin. He's still got the odd bald spot too.

honda likes this.
  7. Sparda

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    This is quite simple and people have mentioned it already. If you're planning on going through with this look at your heredity, specifically your father's MPB. If you are thinning in your 20s then chances are a FUE hair transplant is NOT for you. There won't be enough donor hair left in the non DHT zone to cover you for life. Eventually when you thin the massive array of dot scarring will be visible for all to see.

Most reputable clinics will tell you this but most foreign ones will not. They don't care and lying is routine for them. Also if you get complications (which admittedly is rare) you are *. You absolutely need to be taking finasteride with this or it is pointless.

This situation isn't going to be resolved until a new aggressive form of treatment comes out. Possibly hair follicle cloning or something of the like but that's decades away at least. Even if they are able to clone the follicles they still have to overcome obstacles like tissue necrosis.

8. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Pretty much what I tell everyone with the finasteride is if you are not taking it after getting say a hair transplant done you are going to end up with the same issue another 10 years down the line.

9. bones58

Got one booked for the summer. Hairline started slowly to recede since I hit 27. I’m 32 now and you still can’t notice it unless you pull my hair right back. Give it another 3-5 years however and there will be no hiding it so going to get it sorted now.

Glad to see there is less of a Stigma now about it as nobody blinks an eye when a lassie says she’s going to get a * job.

honda likes this.
  10. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I’m kicking onto 50 and my barber says I have the best hair in the district. Thick as * and need it cut every 10-12 days. Sorry guys, not trying to rub it in. Whoever goes for it, I wish you well.

11. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    What if the guy with the wig gets his hair pulled or his new bird brushed her fingers through it and it comes off !
    What a ladgin that would be...or are they fixed on ?

12. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    The guy with the wig won’t be getting a bird brushing his hair. He’s married to my brother. Hahahahhaa… it’s superglued on though. He can wash it and all that I’m sure. Gets the super glue changed every 3 months.

13. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    That can't be good for the scalp.

Stevie Hammels hair looks odd... transplant or comb over !!

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member