1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    As has been pointed out, his advancing years don’t help him at the moment and he’s never been tremendous with his feet.

In saying that, while there was clearly a momentum shift when he made that mistake, I feel it was coming anyways. We hadn’t really done anything and then Taylor went off and it just seemed to flip quite quickly. They seemed to get far more of the ball and came into it as the half wore on.

Huge save after and so thankful for him coming in 2021 and steadying the ship in between the sticks. I think we do need to start looking for a new goalkeeper in the summer though.

Celtic and Hart were a perfect match. Celtic were desperate for someone with a bit of confidence and a bit of dominance to end our turmoil in goals and the big man was looking for that one final hurrah at a big club with some trophies and some adulation. Worked out well for both of us but now is the time to look to the future

Callum McGregor likes this.
  2. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Worryingly he was't even on the bench today, and I'm not sure why. But if it's a choice between a slightly shaky Hart and Bain, I'll take Hart every time.

It's obvious he is playing to instructions, he did punt the ball away once when under pressure today and Ange was going tonto at him, so for me brain farts like that one today are more on Ange than Hart as he's trying to do what he's told. I've said it before there are times you just clear your lines, outwith Pep's barca all top teams do it, * it can be a benefit as if they are all pressing high a ball over the top for our speedy players to run onto could be a real weapon, plus it keeps teams guessing, rather than knowing we will always try and play out. But that's not for Ange.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  3. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I love Hart, I really do but I think he 100% needs replaced with a young keeper.

Hands down done a job for us but * me his mistake the day gave them confidence to get back into the game.

Hammy89 likes this.
  4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    As others have said, I'm eternally grateful for him and what he has done for us but we should be looking for a number one keeper in the summer.

The time is now.

DonnyCelt, Rydo1888* and bhoy81 like this.
  5. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Does anyone else think Siegrist would do a job for us at all?

Dan Breen and Crilly like this.
  6. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We have not really had a reasonable chance to assess him. I think he should be played in the Cup games
    so we can get a better idea. He is a good shot stopper and meant to be good with the ball at his feet.
    But the hunt should be on for a new goalkeeper for the summer at least.

Dan Breen likes this.
  7. ddub11

Living on his name......maybe its anges instructions but hart just cant play the ball out from the back,if thats the way going forward then we need a new keeper,hart is nothing special,

8. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    No not really. He was such a bizarre signing. He actually looks even more uncomfortable with the ball at his feet than Hart does.

Given Harts age and flaws within this system if we were signing a keeper last summer I'd have thought one capable with his feet would of been the choice to go for, he could of then got the cup games and been positioned to take over as number 1 next season with Hart being number 2 and getting the cup games. As it is now we now have an ageing number 1 and an unsuitable number 2 and a * awful number 3 so will likely need to go back into market for a 4th keeper to replace Hart.

9. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Problem is you'd have to go back to Gordon when he was decent for us to find a comparable keeper.

And I'd say Gordon was much more of a bomb scare playing the ball out from the back and Ange expects it even more than Rodgers did so find it hard, like you say, to be overly critical of Hart.

I can see Hart being our number 1 choice next year too just because it's hard to see who is a potential replacement within our budget unless Seigreist can make the step up.

10. jamiebhoy67

Benji had a calf problem so that's why he wasn't on the bench I think he's a cracking keeper man but I think he needs a season with us to get used to our style of play looked really uncomfortable at Tannadice ? I think it was? Brilliant keeper nonetheless

11. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I do understand that he is operating under instructions from Ange, and mostly we do well from playing out from the back but, there were time yesterday, when Huns had momentum, and he was busting a gut to get the ball into play quickly, to constantly pass it to Starfelt, who was always being closed down. Just think he should have taken his time, slowed the game down, tried to break the momentum.
    His time is up but would be madness to change keeper mid season but we need to start Siegrist all cup games from now on.

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Far too slow on the ball. But has it in him to make a really good * save after.

It's a weird one for me. I still have confidence in him in most aspects of the game other than on the ball. Its whether I'd trade that for someone better on the ball but then you would also be potentially trading that ability and experience at big moments in games.

You're never gonna get it all, I suppose, so maybe the summer is the right time to start looking. I say start, we probably already are.

The Phoenix likes this.
  13. centenary88

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Collins
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He changed the game for them yesterday , they were * it until his antics.

FranceCelt likes this.
  14. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It gave them belief, up to that stunt, they were unable to string passes together.

15. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    You could hear the mutants' change of mood after that moment - they had been getting on the players' backs up to then, but suddenly they were right behind their team. A massive change in feel for the game. We'd battered them until that point

Dan Breen likes this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    * me right off..

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    How bad is the big man at moving his feet. Watching that pass from Starfelt again and he's so slow..

A serious problem..

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I thought it was a bad pass from Starfelt in fairness.

Artorias likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    It wasn't great but he's so slow footed that he can't get a hold of it..

To be honest it's happened plenty of times this season..

20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Totally agree.. I get the * when it's at his feet or zipped back to him with any pace.. I'll cut him some slack today but