1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Huns v Celtic 2nd Jan 12.30pm Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Idioteque, Dec 28, 2022.

Discuss Huns v Celtic 2nd Jan 12.30pm Sky Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

Thought we dominated the opening 20-25 mins, they struggled to get near us but Hart’s moment of madness gave them a huge boost and invited them onto us. That was a big turning point, up until then we looked very comfortable.

*Hart redeemed himself with the safe but what on earth was he thinking. Not the first time he has done it and I really hope it’s a position we strengthen in the near future. Nothing against Hart, just feel we could upgrade in that area

They then grew into the game and our passing went to pot. My frustration at times is we play too short and too narrow. There were so many opportunities today to play down the sides or switch the play but instead we kept playing into the centre of the pitch which they were blocking by this point. Too many players taking too long to release the ball as well.

Having to bring Juranovic on as a LB really hindered us in fairness. Having him and Starfelt, two right footed players, on the left side of our defence caused us real issues when trying to play out from the back. Juranovic looked well off the pace and Sakala, who has nothing bar speed, got the better of him all game. In hindsight, Bernabei would have been the better option as a natural left footer.

Happy with the point though. It was never going to be an easy 3 points - away from home, reduced allocation, an absolute must win for them with a new manager.

2. ddub11

Rubbish today we got out of jail,serious lack of ambition /passion they wanted it more and nearlly got what they needed,anyways we move on hopefully a few wins going forward,

3. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    The huns weren't miles ahead.of us today. Not the game I watched. We were poor shot ourselves in the foot a few times and they were better than us at times. But certainly not miles ahead

4. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    :sicksmile

StPauli1916 and ThatBhoyLarsson like this.
  5. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    WHIT :56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56:

6. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    thought we were poor but was never convinced we'd lose. I knew we'd get a 2nd bcoz they're not a good side. We allowed a bang average side look better than they are but at home pushing they had to take the game to us. We're poor today in my opinion but I never thought we'd lose, wait till we play to our real potential.

7. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    * :35:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  8. Sgt Neppers*

Just watched Sportscene there. Having thought it was a clear penalty against Starfelt, it was one of donkey Sakala hooves that is standing on Starfelts foot as his momentum is carrying him through.

No penalty for me.

Goldsons hands were similar position to a basketballers shooting a 3 pointer. Gets worse every time I see it. And the VAR team, * they've never made a decision so quick. Normally a decision in minimum of 5 mins. Had it swept under the carpet and throw in in under 45 seconds.

9. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    As poor as we've played in a long time, but as Ange says, we found a way.

Don't understand why Bernabei didn't come on when Taylor was injured, Jura had an absolute nightmare, wrong position or not, some basic defensive mistakes.

Thought Johnston, CCV, Hatate and Maeda done their bit, other than that pretty low par performance all round.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  10. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I felt from the begining Hart was never good enough, for us he is a good stopper,, he will never be ,,Ronnie Simpson,,,,he will never be the Holy Ghost.

Fur * sake Hart..keep thing simple, you are not an international goalkeeper any more , you used to be.

Talk to your defence, bcos at the moment you are a man short in our defence,, you are the last man in our defence,, there are 2 men in defence covering you.

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That's probably the most pragmatic I have seen the manager since he rocked up at Paradise. And by pragmatic I mean he reluctantly played his most defensive wide players. That's all you get from Ange :giggle1:

Would have happily taken 9 points ahead in January, if you offered me it just before the start of the WC.

StPauli1916, NomDePlum and Hammy89 like this.
  12. ddub11

Ye think different?we bossed them up until we scored the first goal,after that we went into our shell,they are supposed to be * and yet we struggled to break them down,lets be honest despite the result they will take positives out of today.

13. fluffyhamster

Anyone know where I can access the full game now? Cheers if you do!

14. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    See someone at the BBC has said beale had 'won the tactical battle'.

Won it 2-2.

15. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
  16. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

It’s funny how only the second half is remembered in these kind of games (draws mainly) is as if the first half never happened today. They had a good 10 mins but without a pen they probably weren’t scoring another. There only other half chances we’re on the break when we had everyone forward. We were off it and had we been playing a half decent team we may have been done on the counter last 15 and lost 3/4-1. We were lucky it was these jobbers. Had it even been Hearts today we were 2-1 down to with 15 to go away from home then I would be more worried i think.

StPauli1916, Hammy89 and DonnyCelt like this.
  17. Sgt Neppers*

:giggle1::giggle1:

Ange sussed out again I take it...

Hammy89 and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  18. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I love the fukin the collapse of orange *,,, bury their grave and make it deep .

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  19. DonnyCelt

They are desperate for an excuse for why Goldshun's handball was the correct decision. Apparently its coz it hit his foot first. Lol. Wonder what the refs reason for giving a pen against O'Riley against Ross County was then? Seeing as it hit his hip before hitting his hand which was by his side.

RabS likes this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

They were miles ahead? Utter nonsense.

Seen a lot of huns saying what a positive performance from them, step in the right direction etc

We were awful and still got a deserved draw. In what way is that positive for them?

RabS, AussieGreek, Montero and 10 others like this.