1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Aaron Mooy

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jul 19, 2022.

Discuss Aaron Mooy in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Did manage to manufacture getting himself robbed once today but other than that thought he was superb today.

He made the midfield tick today. Much better overall midfield team performance than midweek.

2. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

I've said this so many times already but he's a good player he's just a bit slow.

3. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Was best player on the park for me yesterday, would have him in the side ahead of Matt right now.

4. oh bhoy

he has been brilliant for us ,seems to be improving all the time ,cant remember does we have an option for another year? if not need to get him signed up again

5. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Can get caught on the ball from time to time but he's a well decent player.

neilly1987 likes this.
  6. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    He had a good game yesterday, just needs to get his shooting boots on, he had a couple of opportunities to have a pop but he always passes the ball on.

Dan Breen likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. ddub11

Got to be honest,i dont see what others see in him,imo he is slow and has no outstanding skill.I try to see something in him anytime he plays but i dont.
    Alrite every so often he might find s pass but overall to me he contributes very little on the pitch and i think he,s a weal link in our aggressive forward passingtype of play,hes just a bit to slow for me.

9. Rogicisgod

Not sure why he gest a game over turnball. I think I prefer dave to be honest.

I think Dave is more skillful and creates more than mooy does. But mooy gets all the minutes at the moment.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

10. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Missed the game so came on here, and it seems that Mooy was either the best player on the pitch or offers very little and shouldn't even be getting a game. Thanks for the clarification, guys! :giggle1:

AussieGreek, jvalin, VT8 and 4 others like this.
  11. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert

Yesterday he did get caught in possession a couple of times but his passing was unreal. Opened up a few times where if he was a little quicker he could have had a shot. But had a good solid 7/10

12. Mr Cleansheets

I've been waiting for the full throttle Mooy to start running the game for Celtic but, while he always contributes, he's not quite what he was. Surprised how often he gets caught in possession (as he did a few times at the world cup) but he definitely creates a lot also.

His forward passes are worth the price of admission.

13. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    He had a decent game yesterday. Some good passing and solid defensive work. But also lost the ball cheaply a few times. Was mental to see some some people voting him as MoTM over Hatate though.

14. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I reckon what we saw on Xmas eve was about 70% of his game. He bossed that first 45 minutes at 70%. If he can get back to his best he’ll change some opinions in here, he’ll tidy up his game, last longer and won’t get robbed of the ball at 100%.

Dan Breen likes this.
  15. Foley1888

I think it was a two year deal he signed but the second year is an option. However if we want to keep him, it sounds like he’s up for staying. I am sure during the World Cup he was interviewed and was talking up how much he was enjoying his time here so far and the club in general.

He is also playing for a manager he knows well and is able to be based with his family which at his stage in his career is bound to be worth something. I also suspect where he will have earned a lot more at Brighton and certainly in China he will still be picking up a decent wage with us.

oh bhoy likes this.
  16. EddieBhoy1986

He is never going to run the game, that's what McGregor does. If Mooy still had that in him it would have been him and not O'Riley covering. More performances like Saturdays with added goals and assists and less loosing the ball is enough.

17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Thought he was excellent other than the odd occasion he got robbed.

He must be fit now though surely? What else brings him up that level? Is it more game time?

18. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    He’ll play out a full 90 at the first 45 level. On Saturday he seemed to start tiring at about the 60 mark.

When that fitness is back, he also gets more forward and forward looking. When he’s tired, he slows the game down until he’s got his breath back. I remember watching a game of his where he tore apart Arsenal when at Brighton, his vision and movement was something else.

He started slowly at Brighton, similar to how he has here, but by the end of the season he was playing great stuff and was becoming a fan favourite.

So that sharpness that we’ve noticed since the World Cup, that’s on for 90 and he gets about the pitch. That sharpness translates onto the ball, he won’t lose the ball like he did on the weekend, at least not with bad touches or being slow.

NomDePlum likes this.
  19. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Yes, so was Paddy Crerand when he played for Celtic but every one loved him.

Aaron is a player with a brain and does things other players do not, which you can not do running around at speed because you will expose your position if you do. He also sees and reacts to the movement of others around him when he distributes the ball or/and allows them to find the space to pass to them or creates the space for them.

bobs1974 and Dan Breen like this.
  20. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He only heavily contributed to 3 of our 4 goals, thank * our manager has a football brain, unlike a lot of our support.

Boruc17, Wllm, thailandceltic and 5 others like this.