1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liel Abada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jul 14, 2021.

Discuss Liel Abada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigManSmalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    * off Fab

2. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Good that our players getting noticed as Ange say.

3. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Most profitable player we own outwith Jota and maybe CCV. Minimum £20m.

4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    * off Fab

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s no got a clue

6. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    * off clueless Fab

Hammy89 likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

craigtheceltic likes this.
  8. Foley1888

It’s inevitable with the stats Abada puts up he will get noticed by clubs from big leagues.

The way scouting is now with so much data involved as well as the “eye test” means when your scoring and assisting double digits or there abouts at his age you are going to be seen as a big prospect.

I don’t think Abada goes in January but I am a bit worried about the summer. I recall there being an article about his international team mate Solomon being in his ear about getting out of Scotland and obviously Abada himself his said his ultimate dream would be to play for Liverpool.

I hope I am wrong as I think he is a cracking player and we should be looking for top £ for him giving his age contract length etc when he does finally go.

I actually think that is why we are comfortable spending more on transfers than we have for a while, is due to the number of good players who could command at least an 8 figure fee we have in our squad.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
    craigtheceltic likes this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Reckon he stays for another year.

The data and stats says he's got it, but the "eye test" tells you he's not ready for a step up yet.

He will know that himself I think, * guys like Solomon in his ear, he's had Bitton work with him and knows the club is a good place to be (most times).
    With his contract length, he has another year at least before we actively look to sell, another year to continue his development. Development which I think last night he is showing he is working on. He's slowly adding something to his game from what I saw last night, still far away from the finished article, but if he can polish off his rough edges he will be s fantastic player for a bigger club.

That said, sell him for 20mill or more and get 30% on to his sell on fee, because he has every potential to be a top top player in 3-4 years if he works hard (more so at a club with bigger and better resources).

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

NomDePlum and craigtheceltic like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Southampton are on the transfer trail of Celtic star Liel Abada. The English Premier League club are watching the winger’s situation closely - although Celtic are ready to fend off interest with contract talks in the New Year.

Abada is under contract until 2026 but are looking to offer the 21-year-old fresh terms. However, Southampton are interested in raiding the Scottish champions again having built up an extensive scouting dossier on the Israeli international during his impressive spell at Celtic Park. He has impressed in his season-and-a-bit in Glasgow since he made his bargain switch of around £3million from Maccabi Petah Tikva.

The Saints have also proved that targeting top talent from Celtic has proved to be a sure-fire road to success. The South Coast club has previously signed Victor Wanyama, Fraser Forster, Stuart Armstrong and Virgil van Dijk. Southampton have made recent changes in their scouting department but Abada very much remains on their radar.

The St Mary’s side aren’t likely to be the only English suitors for Abada though once the first move is made. Celtic, though, are keen to fight off any potential interest. The Hoops have previously indicated they want to reward him with improved terms and those talks are expected to take place in the coming weeks – despite recent reports claiming discussions were already under way.

Abada has become a key player under Postecoglou, chipping in with nine goals and four assists this season. That was on the back of 15 goals and 11 set-ups in his first debut season.

11. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * off Southampton too.

Smithy, Rydo1888*, The_Bhoy and 2 others like this.
  12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Operation "upset the dressing room" in full swing I see. The guys that shy he barely interviews, let alone believe he's good enough to move yet. Loads more developing to be done first.

scuzzy likes this.
  13. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    He's going nowhere. Not worried about this one. GG and Juranovic is the only ones for the off i reckon.

14. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    He'll go within the next 18 months.

Is already a decent player and has lots of potential to go even further.

I want a record breaking deal when he does go. I rate him highly.

15. horseshoe

With his stats, age/potential and length of contract it'd be minimum £20m for us to pick up the phone. Not that I believe there's anything in this, so predictable from othe rags trying to sell all of our players and unsettle us while sooking Beale's ring and pretending the league is in their hands.

16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Get him a new contract, well worth it and we’ll sell him for £30M in a year if he keeps at it and performs in Europe next season. He can go to the very top without a doubt.

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You can set your watch to it in the build up to a Glasgow derby.

bagforlife and buchanbhoy like this.
  18. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    I think he could soon end up being our most profitable. Jota is great, but arguably lacks the top line pace that could see him reach the top of the game.

CCV along with McGregor is our most important player, but may be more valuable to us than anybody else.

Abada on the other hand is young, quick, has loads of potential and his goal and assist numbers compare favourably to some of the highest rated young players in Europe.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  19. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Abada is going to become a superstar, he’s not got Jotas tricks but is more direct

20. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That's my feeling. He's got the directness that Jota lacks and that makes a huge difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.