1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Josip Juranovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by GavCFC1, Aug 21, 2021.

Discuss Josip Juranovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Torino’s manager is Croatian, and may be hoping to use that as a bit of leverage to get Josip to sign.

2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Apparently Torino have made a bid of 5M. Wouldn't bother trying to negotiate with Italians they're all penny pinching *.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  3. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    That's not a bid, that is an insult

4. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's twice what we paid is likely how Torino will look at it. Probably keeping a chunk back to promise Juranovic and unsettle him. Plus we now have 3 players vying for the same position is possibly another factor.

I personally think we might get £12+m for him which is probably too rich for Torino but they likely view it as a longshot anyway.

5. Sgt Neppers*

6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Let the bidding war begin.

7. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    There is no chance they bid £5m for him.

8. BigManSmalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He's not going for any less than...

BigDoggyWoofWoof and Rydo1888* like this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

LEGIA WARSAW are set to bank a chunk of Josip Juranovic’s transfer fee when he quits Celtic.

The Hoops snapped up the Croatian World Cup star from the Polish side for around £2.5million 18 months ago.

But Legia inserted a sell-on clause — believed to be 10 per cent of any profit made by Celtic — and hope to land a major January windfall.

Juranovic is being chased by Atletico Madrid, Real Sociedad and Torino — and Parkhead chiefs are braced for huge bids.

Celtic will want a fee in excess of £10m, with the Legia board hopeful of banking a seven-figure sum.

The Polish giants paid just £300k to sign Juranovic from Hajduk Split in the summer of 2020 and he has had a meteoric rise since.

The Croatian had a stellar season in Poland and shone at last summer’s Euros - leading to Celtic’s swoop.

Juranovic established himself in Ange Postecoglou’s title-winning side and is first-choice right-back for his nation.

His displays in Qatar have attracted interest from across Europe, with Atletico and Torino leading the race to land him.

But Juranovic could sit out Croatia’s third/fourth place play-off against Morocco tomorrow through injury.

The Celtic star missed a training session in Qatar last night after complaining of a mystery issue.

Juranovic has been an ever-present for Croatia at the finals but is now a major doubt for the Morocco clash.

He is also expected to be given a break by Postecoglou after ending his long stint of international duty.

Tony Ralston is set to face Aberdeen this weekend, with Juranovic unlikely to return to the Celtic squad until after Christmas.

10. horseshoe

That 10% sell-on clause will be reported as 40-50% by the time the window opens, remember when Eddy was moving his percentage got bigger and bigger every week.

11. Sgt Neppers*

Anything we get from him will be reduced by 25-50% by the smsm...where as 'the other side" only deal in warchests amd brogues. That's how it works here...

I'm gonna enjoy him whilst he's here and when it comes time...we won't be selling cheap.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou offered a joking response to a query asking if Celtic would consider offers for Josip Juranovic in January.

The defender, 27, is being tracked by a number of clubs who hope to sign him following a terrific World Cup run where he played every game as Croatia made the semi-finals before they were knocked out by Argentina.

Juranovic was offered a new deal at Parkhead to entice him to stay but after conversations broke down it's now clear the Hoops are open to offloading their right-back for a hefty fee should a bid come their way. Postecoglou, though, likes to play things close to his chest and, when asked if they'd be willing to sell, the manager replied in a typically sarcastic manner

It’s great he's getting noticed, that's what you want, I want our players getting noticed.

"If they weren't they wouldn't be doing well. He's done well and represented his country fantastically well, and our football club.

"Aside from that, you started with an 'if' and I'll give you an 'if' back, if it stops snowing I'll be able to drive home without having to get out of my car, so that'll be fine too."

The_Bhoy likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Aye we’ll no doubt be paying to get rid of him whilst over at Sevco HQ they are rejuvenated and everyone is signing extensions

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Bite your hand off for 17-18 mill . We could do a lot with that.
    Starting with Mmaee.

17. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Espanyol recently linked for £8m. Again, absolutely no chance that gets accepted.

Roma apparently keeping tabs as well. I know he's been linked with the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Barcelona and Athletico Madrid but I've never thought they would actually come in for him. However, am I being snobby by thinking he could do better than the likes of Torino/Espanyol?

Generally thought he would end up at a club which is always kicking about European football, if not the champions league. Like a Sevilla/Valencia from Spain or a Roma/Atalanta from Italy or a West Ham/Leicester from England. Even a team like Lille/Monaco/Lyon from France. A good sized club in a better league.

I know it doesn't really matter, all that matters is getting the money in the bank for him but I thought after his world cup he would have far bigger offers. Just paper talk obviously and you have to take it with a pinch of salt but the teams he has been linked with in the last few days wouldn't be appealing to me. Why would you leave a Champions League club in Celtic for a Torino or a Espanyol, who are fighting relegation in Spain. Regardless of whether or not you're getting paid more money.

18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

More money... top qaulity weather.. after this last week id be struggling myself with thae decision and I'm a celtic fan :56:

19. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I * hate the sun mate. I'm a pure winter lover. Give me wind and cold. I can't wait for the Livingston game this week. Cold, frosty night at Celtic Park under the lights with the hat, scarf and gloves on. * class man!

20. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    I'm the same mate, hate the Summer. Love going to football in the Winter