1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Giorgos Giakoumakis

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Giorgos Giakoumakis in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    I'd hope he stays but if there is truth in the reports i could see why he'd fancy moving, Turning 28, isn't first choice in the big games when Kyogo is fit and has sampled Europe now. If there is a tidy profit then fair do's i suppose.

martin_d and neilly1987 like this.
  2. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Am I missing something here but * has he done to deserve new improved terms? He has been decent at best, did score that last minute winner which was crucial for us but that’s it. In fairness to him, he has not had a decent run of games, best case scenario for us then is he is given a run of games, does well and then all can make a call at the end of the season

3. Cringer67

Nothing , would be my answer. He’s done the job he was brought in to do. No more no less.

Sentinel and Dan Breen like this.
  4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

It’s nothing new, salaries will always hold us back keeping hold of players. Don’t think he’ll go anywhere in January but likely in the summer.

Would rather keep him though, been key to a lot of wins with his physicality and giving us a different option up front.

neilly1987 and cidermaster like this.
  5. vortex666

Heard the jota apparently wanting to go to Spain * as well in January knew as soon as that clown dickson back at sky he started same * last time ffs

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Lol think we all can agree we love this group of players and anyone going will sting Ange rarely misses in transfer market and I've been frustrated with the amount of chances made to goals scored so if he goes I hope we bring in a prolific replacement

Sent from my CPH2375 using Tapatalk

7. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Thats why saying the group will benefit from champions league doesn’t really apply as our best players might all be gone by next season

martin_d likes this.
  8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    He’s a big strong rugged hard working striker, what we were kinda crying out for, after the half arsed effort s from Edouard, predatory penalty box striker , so definitely would be a miss but certainly not irreplaceable with better, last season kyogo was excellent, hatate been excellent aswell never seem to hear any of these guys making a big fuss about contracts, just seem to be happy and privileged to be doing something they love

people say boy son at spurs could move onto a better team but he says he would rather stay loyal to spurs as they took a chance on him, seems to be east Asia way get the big south korea boy signed

9. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Yeah I love gg one of my fav players in the current squad but we've seen when players become unhappy it's best to just move them on I'll be gutted massively but have trust well replace him well

Sent from my CPH2375 using Tapatalk

10. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Having thought more about this I really would not be surprised if he wanted away. Been saying it all season....he deserves far more starts than he's been getting.

That being said, and same goes here for Juranovic...I imagine contract negotiations are often not very straightforward. Just because there has been no agreement reached as yet, doesn’t mean players are spitting the dummy and demanding transfers.

Both these guys will still go about their business as they always do, and if their agents fail to secure the terms they are looking for then am sure they will be looking elsewhere. But again, it doesn't automatically mean the players are now unhappy, it's just the way these things work.

Agreements could still be reached in both cases, and if not then fair do's, you've got to respect their wishes. As has been mentioned multiple times, our club and especially Ange have been conducting themselves impecably, and will have replacements lined up well in advance.

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Think this is an agent move, to try and get his terms up, we’ll see if it backfires.

Think he’ll be here come Feb though

TheHappyLoss, Wllm and martin_d like this.
  12. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

GG,Jota, Jura, all media speculation to try and unsettle our players. There will be more to come, CCV, Maeda will be next saying they want away because of success in WC.. Hun media need to sell Beale to the Hums whilst trying to unsettle our players to make it look we are on a par with them. Happens every time they are on a downer. Only Jura at this time can I see moving on as we are looking at signing the Canadian lad.

eire4, Noskeil and Marky1967 like this.
  13. Liam Hoare

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Forever and ever
  14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Just like the Juranović "story", there's not even a club being mentioned.

eire4 and NomDePlum like this.
  15. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It's a made up story by a journalist who has put 2+2 together and got 5.
    I don't believe there is a shred of truth in it.
    At best, it is misguided speculation.

eire4 likes this.
  16. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I was a MASSIVE doubter of his.

Got into many a debate Barney on here about his abilities, delighted to be proved wrong as he's been a superb signing, one I don't even think has hit top gear for us yet.

That being said, perhaps this is just agent bullshit.

His agent is bound to be aware that we're chasing a new striker, and most agents see at as some sort of proactive defence of their clients position at a club, to demand a bigger wage and underline their value to the first 11.
    Morelarses' agent did it over and over again at Sevco.
    Can't mind another Man U player whose contract stipulated he was to be paid a few quid MORE than any new signing that surpassed his wages. Keane maybe?

Honestly can't see much REAL interest being touted here.
    He's not done enough to merit a move to a better league yet.

17. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    If we are looking to make the next step at CL level, he can be improved upon.

If we are taking Ange’s words the other week about not being scared to let players go and then improve upon them then this is perhaps one of the first tests of this in the Postecoglou era.

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Meh... we can do better.

If Anges is talking about taking us to the next level this fella won't survive.. Good player and love his energy but he misses more than he scores

19. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    That goes for every player in the squad tbh.

20. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Vickers cal mac jota and Hatate… build a spine round they boys, wouldn’t wanna lose any of them