1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Josip Juranovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by GavCFC1, Aug 21, 2021.

Discuss Josip Juranovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Was pish in the first half but played well 2nd

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic star Josip Juranovic has revealed details of a conversation he had with Luka Modric following Real Madrid’s victory in Paradise earlier this season.

Ange Postecoglou’s side were lauded for some of their performances in the competition despite not managing to gain the points that their showings merited, with the showdown against Los Blancos a prime example, as Celtic had numerous chances to open the scoring in the first hour of the game.

Though Madrid’s clinical edge showed, Juranovic detailed that his international teammate Modric, who scored the second on the night, was blown away by his first experience of Celtic Park, with the full-back going on to explain how he has fulfilled childhood dreams in Europe with the Hoops this season.

Speaking on the Celtic View podcast, he said: “After the game immediately he was saying that with these fans you can do everything, but you need experience also at this level because we didn’t score from the chances that we had, they had maybe half the chances we had and they scored, because of that experience in the biggest games in the world.

“In the championship, you can just be relaxed because you believe in your friends, but in the Champions League, you believe in your friends but you need to step up and show yourself in the big nights.

It’s everything that we dreamed about as kids, especially now in the Champions League you can see that Vinicius was talking about our football, Modric was talking about our football and atmosphere, Kroos also, I think that everybody who was facing us at Celtic Park can see that we are Champions League level, and that next year we will be stronger in the Champions League.”

On the podcast, Juranovic also detailed the process that led him to join Ange Postecoglou’s side, which came not long after he’d had an argument with Celtic icon Artur Boruc.

He said: “I was having a fight with him three weeks before when I received a call from Celtic, but after that game when we had a little fight, I spoke with him about Celtic and he was saying to me: ‘If Celtic wants you, you need to go there, because it’s a massive club, you can go further in your career. The city is good, the fanbase is perfect and you will feel that you are at home, and mostly importantly, you’ll play in the Champions League’.

“Everybody knows Celtic, because Celtic is a massive club in Europe, Champions League nights, everybody knows about Larsson, Nakamura, everyone knows these players, and I didn’t think twice when I got the call.

I spoke with my agent and immediately he was doing everything so that I could get here and after my last game against Slavia Prague in European qualification, I was on my plane to Glasgow and everything else is history.”

3. celtic warrior

Seems like a decent enough lad.

If he wants a move and it gets us a good fee, get it done and wish him all best and hand out open invitation to return as a spectator whenever he wants.

4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Boruc fighting with a teammate shocker :56:

Rendog likes this.
  5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Wouldn't wish him any ill if he goes. £15-20m would represent very good business.

Rydo1888*, Peej and Hammy89 like this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    One of these ones where you just know he was never gonna be here long term. Knew we was signing a quality player for buttons at the time and knew he would want to move on.

Year and a half, helped bring on Ralston and done superbly filling in at left back last season.

We get an offer around 15nilliom and he gets his move to England or Spain or something, then I think you have to take it, say thanks to josip, and welcome him back any time.

Guys never done us wrong, seems a decent lad, great wee player and all that.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think if the league was much tighter, the overall opinion on him leaving would be vastly different, but at this moment I'd be fine with it. He's a solid player but if we can fetch something like £15 million for him, it would be absolutely fantastic business.

NomDePlum likes this.
  8. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    To be fair not sure he's really contributed to our league position much this year.

Ange obviously made sure he was available for CL.

Taylor1 likes this.
  9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Positionally? Jura shites over him. Defensively, I’ll disagree. Look at the last minutes of the game before the break there, Ralston was the one covering every position at the back to not concede, making every tackle and tracking back to win the ball regardless if it was in the RB spot or not.

And that’s not a microcosm, look at his last minute on the line clearance against AZ Alkmaar last year, and a myriad of different examples. He’s got a different desire to not concede a goal than Jura does.

Or pretty much any other player in our squad has. That desire also shows up the other end of the park, assists for winnners and equalisers or scoring to equalise or win, there isn’t a player in our team percentage wise that can match him for that.

There’s few players in my time I’ve seen that have that desire, Broony, McManus and Darren O’Dea are the only ones I can say really. And I know that’s differing levels of quality with they examples, but that’s sorta ma point. * like that matters

NomDePlum likes this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    That’s downplaying him, he’s played a lot of games, been a big part of the squad and a popular member of the ethos in the dressing room. He frustrates the * life out of me, because I think his talent, he can be far better in the final third.

But pretending he’s not played his part? It’s bullshit.

EddieBhoy1986 likes this.
  11. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If JJ does leave I'll be sad to see him go. Despite the varying opinions I've always liked and rated him, quick, excellent control, a good engine(looks our fittest outfield player to me) and usually solid defensively. If there's big money being offered I understand the club taking it as that is our business model but I'd prefer it to be next summer rather than January.

12. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It's an age thing. He will be 28 next summer. And he is probably our most sellable asset just now.
    We have to keep the business model ticking over nicely if we want to remain prosperous and stay kingpin.

Creativecelt likes this.
  13. Melb Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    If JJ does go I wont be sad to see him leave. i like him as a player, but once they leave us I couldnt give a * about them. The odd exception being KT, Henke, Broony for example.

Creativecelt likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Starting again today V Canada

15. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

He’s * poor defensively.

No awareness at all. Lost count how many goals he was at fault at during the Champions League.

Bernie Bhoy and Gazzi79 like this.
  16. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    He was sleeping

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Having a nightmare so far

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Is he offski if we are bringing in another right back.. what's the rumour?

19. Big C

He’s so poor.

20. Melb Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Who’s have thought the WC would harm his potential sell fee ffs. He’s been brutal this game. Asleep for the first, almost cost a second!!