1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Goal

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Luis1967, Dec 9, 2017.

Discuss Open Goal in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I liked Ferry’s interviews 1 on 1 with players/ex players but just cannot go any of the other stuff they’ve ever put out

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Listening to Lewis Ferguson’s interview at work today. Pretty interesting and glad to see a young Scot go abroad and do well. Probably looked down on a bit by us and the Scum fans because he was Scottish and Aberdeen. Always thought he was to Rangers as I doubt we would’ve ever made contact. Delighted he never went now and will be moving on again soon I’m sure.

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

See they're pulling out of Broomhill at the end of the season. Shambles from start til finish sold the players he signed a 'vision' then * off after a year and being utter * within that year

neilly1987 likes this.
  4. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Quite enjoying this again. Seems better and back to its old self a bit now. They’ve binned a lot of the repetitive jokes that were funny the first couple of times but they took the * right out a few of them.

Mulgrew was on a couple of times this season he’s brilliant and think McGeady back on next week. Wings challenge is quite good too especially the Bobby and Navid one.

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Derek Riorden and Garry O’Connor are on the wings challenge tonight.

They are saying it’s the funniest one they’ve done.

I’m enjoying the coupon show again now Frank is off it talking over everyone. I miss the old interviews though, I’ll miss Ange on the manager of the month ones too.

Luis1967 likes this.
  6. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Didnae think these rockets were still even on.

neilly1987 likes this.
  7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Some of the questions with them two were brutal :56:

They couldn’t even get the * easy ones never mind how many miles between somewhere in Russia and Beijing ffs!

MacEwan likes this.
  8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

They share a brain cell that two.

9. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Idk why they think people like Gary O'Connor will add much. He's good for a one off laugh (more at him than with him) every so often but his footballing insight is * chronic.

They have enough jokers with * footballing takes

neilly1987 likes this.
  10. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Been class last few weeks. Hydro will be brilliant in May.

11. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Kevin Kyle brilliant on KTBOTG this week :56:

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Has he joined them?:56:

* *, I watched the interview they done with him maybe a year or so ago, and he’s thick as * man. He’ll be making Slaney feel clever in comparison.

Can’t stand the podcast they do anymore man, most of it is them laughing over each other with * patter. Bring back the interviews they were doing for the first few years, they were genuinely brilliant and insightful. And Si Ferry has a genuine talent at getting relaxed, insightful and genuine interviews out of people. Even look at when they done Carragher, they got him to relax and not have the professional face and PR stories that are usual with this *.

They started doing that up here, since then you see a lot of similar things popping up down south. Si Ferry, weirdly a trailblazer of new media sports journalism:56:

Zander likes this.
  13. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Totally agree on all fronts. I am an absolute fiend for Scottish football podcasts but that is one I just cannot watch. Totally unwatchable for me with all the talking over eachother, loud exaggerated laughing and then idiots like O’Connor are just the cherry on top.

As you say though, some of their interviews deserve a lot of credit. Slaney and Ferry interviewing Ange are GOAT tier interviews. Really got him to relax and be himself around them.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I drive a lot for work, and when it’s audio only through the speakers driving it’s impossible to listen to. I used to think it was good watching it, but its got worse and worse. I * loved the one on one interviews though, and the one they went a drive with someone interviews as well. The Bobby Madden one was fascinating man.

It’s rare insights to a very closed off secretive part of Scottish Football and just football in general, that’s always been hidden from fans, the PT lip service has always been for fans and last 5 years or so it’s suddenly stuff like that showing us a wee look at inside the feeling of the dressing room.

* because he was the young guy spare player for first team training at Celtic on MON years, and him getting half that team interviewed, I * love the hindsight view of a time I adored most as a fan. And some of the stories are * amazing, especially that team tbf :56:

15. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Bobby Madden one sounds good I’ll have a look for that. Any other ones you recommend? Only ones I think I’ve watched were Ange and Carragher, enjoyed both of those. I’m sure someone did an interview with Lee Naylor that’s meant to be good too, was that them?

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sutton’s I loved. Think you’re first real Celtic team growing up was WGS for you wasn’t it? McGeady’s one 100%. Mind how weird WGS with him, it’s funnier when he’s explaining * playing under him, winning PotY. Strachan being kinda raging he was doing it when they hated each other. Funny as *. Hartley and Robsons ones are boring as * btw, because I’d imagine ye’d be all over that because that season they came in. They’re mega boring, Robson hates the Huns 9 in a row team cos he was a youth player there at the time and they’re dicks is as good as it gets haha

Slaw likes this.
  17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Think I might’ve seen the Sutton and McGeady ones actually.. and yeah WGS was the team I grew up on, was my first era of properly supporting Celtic

18. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    That post was from 6 months ago, O'Connor hasn't been on since.

I don't mind the show at all, still enjoy it. Gordan Dalziel has been a decent addition.

19. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Dazzler is great entertainment in fairness to him. Him and Wilson is a good duo

GazF1888 likes this.
  20. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Nahh but he was on a few shows in a row at one point so seemed like they'd taken him on board

Liam Scales likes this.