1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The New Putin Poll

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by cidermaster, Nov 20, 2022.

Discuss The New Putin Poll in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. oh bhoy

Do you make yours out of your english homework

2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Will it get the same MENTAL results that you're experiencing?

cidermaster likes this.
  3. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

In 1939 the UK had plenty of important domestic issues to spend resources on as well, So should they have just let hitler get on with invading countries back then ?

cidermaster likes this.
  4. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    More going on at home tbh,people still dying from covid jabs and after effects,people cant afford food thats if they can find it on the shelves of shops,biggest money grab and theft of assets since time began,billions wasted on PPE etc, community centers opening their doors to keep people warm,pensioners travelling on busses to keep warm,MPs having parties and taking * out of public,cost of living at all time high and govt taking * and giving millions upon millions to Ukraine whilst people are starving and freezing. Which side of history are you on is the real question not Putin

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  5. oh bhoy

You think it's ok people are gonna die of the cold and hunger in the UK in 2022

6. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Its usual to answer a very simple question before you ask a question. Unless you want to deflect away from the question that is...

To answer your question no I don't. Having said that the weapons the UK are donating to Ukraine will have no bearing at all on anyone dying in the UK today because that will come from the stockpile of weapons the UK already have and from the existing defence budget. Your turn to tell us what you would have done about hitler now ...

7. oh bhoy

As opposed to sending millions of human beings on both sides to their death the UK should of looked after its own people and avoided war .bringing it back to my original point that all the world leaders were as bad as each other do you think Churchill Truman or Stalin were any better

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Defaulting to whataboutery and crying that all leaders are bad is an incredibly lazy and childish way to view the situation with Putin, Russia, and Ukraine.

9. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

So the UK should have just let hitler get on with what he wanted to do ... Wow.

Is the most polite thing I can be bothered to say to you so I'll not waste any more of my time on you.
    As someone said above oh boy indeed.

10. oh bhoy

What you don't want to even have a go at defending those evil *

11. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    :giggle1:

War is bad. Everybody gets that. Sometimes war is unavoidable. Sometimes it’s on your doorstep. Sometimes you’re faced with a choice of going to war in order protect a population of people who lack sufficient means to protect themselves, even if it’s rarely an entirely altruistic decision.

A good analogy is the infamous convoy that was on its way to Kiev. With a few exceptions, most people don’t want to see people die. In the case of the convoy however, you have a group of soldiers, taking part in the illegal invasion of a sovereign nation, in their way to lay seize to a city, that will undoubtedly lead to significant civilian casualties.

So….what do you want to happen? There’s no outcome that doesn’t lead to death.

All that said, I find the view that the UK should’ve done nothing, given what we now know about the systematic extermination of millions of Jews, intellectuals, homosexuals, people with disabilities, and Romany gypsies, to be reprehensible. Millions upon millions butchered. Man, woman and child alike.

It actually blows my mind that the “let them deal with their own problem” is so prevalent on this forum, given the values of the club we all support. Turning a blind eye to atrocities simply because things are tough here, isn’t an attitude I share.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Jacinda Ardern is as bad as Putin, imo

13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Completely agree.

Anyone who thinks differently aren't one of us. It literally goes against our morals and what the club was set up for.

They can get absolutely *.

cidermaster likes this.
  14. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    My Green And White Heart has Soared with the Cool Bhoys in this Poll, it really has:60:

Hammy89 likes this.
  15. leeso-ardoyne

Perpetual war. The west are as much to blame for this war as much as Putin is for invading. There's people in this world sit around big tables in there fancy suits rubbing their hands in delight at the amount of money and power they gain with these wars and don't give a flying * about any of us. Once this war is over with, they are going to move onto Iran!

As for this war, I take no sides. They are as bad as each other. The Ukrainians have been known for some horrific atrocities in recent years and for thst, no amount of PR will sway me into siding with them. They are * scum as much as the Russians are. With that said, all I care about is my personal situation and my families. If it isn't affecting me, I don't give a *. I've enough problems in my life to worry about wars that has nothing to do with me between 2 vile bunch of animals when they get going. Yous should be the same instead of letting the western media own your thoughts. Not surprising thou after seeing yous all fall for one of the biggest hoaxs we've ever witnessed just a few years ago.

With thst said, I hope this thread gets moved to the part of the forum where I asked to be banned from because threads like this is a recipe for disaster IMO and just turns Celtic men against Celtic men as was witnessd in other threads on here.

16. oh bhoy

Being selective with the atrocities and the reasons for war you want to highlight is every bit as reprehensible. to pretend the war in Ukraine was all down to putin and * all to do with America and nato is absurd.
    America and NATO are every bit as responsible as putin for this * show so instead of the stupid notion of l'et them deal with their own problems 'how about they stop creating problems for the people of ukraine sunak giving another £50 m support will do nothing but create more death and destruction on both sides

17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Did NATO and the US invade Ukraine as well?!

cidermaster likes this.
  18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hun.

King of Kings and cidermaster like this.
  19. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Wow that is what I call a Big Wow!!

20. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I was referring more to your comment about doing nothing to stop * Germany.

Putin is his own man and has been answerable to nobody for decades. Not the oligarchs, not the people of Russia, not NATO or anyone in the west.

It was Putin who decided to to amass troops along the border with Ukraine.

It was Putin who gave the order to invade.

It was Putin who said that Ukraine was inseparable from Russia.

It was Putin who cited the ‘territory of the Soviet Union’ as a reason behind the invasion.

The old ‘provoked by NATO’ argument is the geopolitical equivalent of ‘but she was wearing a short skirt’.

Nobody has suggested that blame can’t be attributed elsewhere, but to pretend that NATO and/or the US are equally responsible for the actions of Putin, as Putin himself is….is blatantly idiotic.

I’ve already explained to you why military aid doesn’t necessarily create more death, but I would add that preventing death shouldn’t necessarily be the sole goal. There is a moral responsibility to protect the innocent as opposed to look at things in purely numerical terms. A millions soldiers dying in war is a horrific waste of life, but a millions civilians systematically exterminated while those with the means to stop it watch on and do nothing isn’t just as a horrific waste of life, it’s morally reprehensible.