1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Josip Juranovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by GavCFC1, Aug 21, 2021.

Discuss Josip Juranovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

No problems if he wants to move on. If he can get into England/Spain/Germany then he has to go for it to progress his career and make more money. We will get a decent fee and that’s what the plan is, sell and invest in higher quality players.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  2. cammy07

Agreed bassey is * and Ajax massively overpaid but the main difference is their ages. Whoever signs Juranovic will be signing him with next to no sell on potential which will unfortunately impact on the price.

I’m not overly keen on selling our best players in January but he has been way off it this year and probably is looking for a move after the World Cup. Personally think anything between 12-15m would be reasonable which could obviously be increased off the back of a stormer at the World Cup.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He checked out months ago move on in January and take the money he’s a better option than ralston but not 20 million pounds worth better so take the money and reinvest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic, Morcombe and Taylor1 like this.
  4. Pearse67*

Anything over £15m id take it and reinvest, ange will likely have someone lined up tbh.

5. Pearse67*

A player with those qualities would likely cost upwards of 15 million.

6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    We got him aged 25 for only 2.5m after he played in Euro 20 and starting 2 of their games, that's one reason why I don't see him going for over £10m. That's still a great profit after 18 months and I trust the club to invest well. If the club can get more then fair play but I do think we shouldn't hold on to a player that wants to move on. I also think Ralston is quality so it doesn't leave us up * creek if he goes.

JamesM09 likes this.
  7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    No they wouldn’t. We have proven time and time again we can sign quality for decent prices.

I bet Ange has someone lined up already to fill in.

littlekennie likes this.
  8. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Even if he's wanting a move ,a good pro doesn't lose or drop his form like he has....which has been obvious.
    You could see his attitude at the end of the Motherwell match the other week.
    Take the cash .

Morcombe and Skelleto like this.
  9. stew37

I think it's more likely between 8-11 million we'd get back, unless he and Croatia have an absolutely fantastic world cup. Think 15 would be pushing it and I wouldn't think Ange would want to hold out if he really didn't want to be here.

Has Ange actually said anything about this though? Wary of making decisions based on Twitter screenshots.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Ange made comments about the next step and fan favourites being sold for decent money..

I instantly thought about Juranovic..

Think he probably does want away and hasn't been as good as last season.....but still good overall for me..

I'd be looking for about 15 hopefully after a good world cup..

11. Foley1888

This for me if we could get a deal in that sort
    of number it would be good business. We signed him for £2.5m and to get an 8 figure profit after 18months and have that money to invest in the squad would be great.

For a replacement I would love us to go for Oliver Villadsen of Nordsjaelland would be money well spent. He is only 21, is part of the Denmark U21 set up, is excellent on the ball and comfortable coming inside. He has good pace as well. Being honest he would be a very Juranovic like replacement but at a younger age and would have big resale value.

Given how well Ralston is playing and now established I think a player like Villadsen would be an excellent fit.

Morcombe, Hammy89 and McChiellini.. like this.
  12. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Why do we undersell ourselves so much. He's 27, off to the world cup with Croatia. We're a champions league side. We're not in a position where we need to sell and he's got three years left. If you want him fine, but let's not entertain bids of less than 20 mill.

Morcombe likes this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I love Juranovic. Think he gets a bit of a raw deal at time's but the time does feel right. He's the obvious standout for a big profit move give his age..

I think it's probably a position we've known about since at least last summer with his agent talking out of turn. Trust Ange and our recruitment to find a quality replacement. Pacey, good on the ball and with some physicality please..

We hold all the aces here if he has a good world cup. Has a few year on his deal and we don't need to sell....so if it's to the EPL....we can push for around 15 I think..

elbhoydo likes this.
  14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I think Yan Couto. He was clearly interested in him before we got Juranovic. City loaned him out again to Girona. Pretty sure we could get a good deal for him if Man City were willing to part ways. Played well for Braga and done well for Girona when I’ve seen him this year. Might be one where we need to wait until the summer to get him since he’s on loan there for a year.

15. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Not at all, we wont be after the finished article. It will be someone for £6-8M who we can improve under Ange.

16. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't think we will ever get £20m for a player in his late 20s, all high sales from Scotland of over £10m have been young guys with potential and possible future sell on. Also we may have played in the Champions League but we failed to win a match and conceded 14 goals.
    If he wants gone then I'm sure we will let him have the move, I would rather get in another player who is excited to play for Celtic than some guy having a strop.

17. horseshoe

If he is looking for a move I think we'll accept anything around £10m as solid business, closer to 15 if he has a really good world cup. 20+ is a bit much, the players that move on for that will be the likes of Jota/Abada/O'Riley with age on their side and bags of potential to still go up a few levels, at 27 JJ doesn't really fit in that bracket anymore.

For once I'm not worried about losing players, Ange obviously plans a window or two in advance and completely accepts players need to move on as part of the squad building process.

18. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Could just be his agent stirring it again though. Will be interested to see if Juranovic says anything this time.

If he is going then Ralston probably needs his contract looked at again given he's our least well paid player. Not the sort to cause a fuss and wants to be with us long term but now's not the time to risk having 2 unsettled RBs. Plus he deserves it.

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Can't disagree with any of that £15m+ and I'd be cashing in.

Ralston already there, our gap in the league and the fact we're out of Europe means we don't need to panic splurge it on a replacement either, if there are targets unavailable til the summer.

McChiellini.. and AdamRS like this.
  20. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I was going to mention him, if we can get him for around half of what we sell Juranovic for then thats cracking business. Then rinse and repeat.