1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Suggestions

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CheGuevara, Jul 19, 2021.

Discuss Player Suggestions in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I think Levitt would thrive here.

He'd contribute more than McCarthy and Ideguchi combined.

martin_d and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  2. Keano88

So would you big man.

Skelleto, neilly1987 and Hammy89 like this.
  3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I like you.

_DannyBhoy_ and Keano88 like this.
  4. Foley1888

Just reading that Facundo Pellistri is desperate to leave Man Utd to play first team football.

Looking at his numbers in senior football he doesn’t look great but watching footage of him he reminds me of a Jota style player where there is clearly a whole lot more to come from him and he is 2 years younger than Jota was when we took him on a loan to buy.

He also brings something we don’t have for our right wing and that’s a player with natural dribbling ability combined with a real burst of pace. Pellistri is rapid with excellent close control, I get the feeling his low numbers may be more down to where he went on loan (La Liga to a relegated Alaves side), again similar to Jota before we got him.

Given the player is unhappy where he is a loan for the second half of the season with the option to buy wouldn’t be a bad move if it could get done.

5. KEANO1

Hugo Vetlesen from Bodo Glimt, I’m sure he’s a player we aware of and had a look at.

Wether he will be out of our price range, that’s another question. If the likes of O’Reilly are sold in the next two windows the money shouldn’t be an issue.

He has been named as player of the year in Norway I believe and we all know the intensity Bodo play with, he would be a good fit for us.

6. apevrak

Best player in the league imo and on an outgoing contract (December 2023). We should at least ask Glimt to have a wee chat with him.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  7. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    100% would take him.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  8. easy_tiger Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    whichever 11 are on the pitch

I mentioned this guy in the summer, he is a beast and breezes games over here, like Van * did at us, has a great pass on him too.
    he has been called up to the German under 21 squad.

Foley1888 likes this.
  9. Foley1888

I saw Bisseck was doing well at AGF him and CCV would be some pairing. He has that ball carrying ability VVD and Ajer had, plus he has the physicality. You wouldn’t imagine he would cost much either.

10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Still has three years left on his contract, mind.

Seems a decent player and a great age.

11. Foley1888

He only just moved there permanently in the summer but was on loan last year. I think they were surprised his parent club sold him to them, it was either Mainz or Stuttgart I think. Whoever it was, there fans weren’t happy he didn’t get brought back and given a chance especially when it was less than £1m they paid for him.

Hammy89 likes this.
  12. easy_tiger Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    I go to all AGFs home games, he is head and shoulders above the rest of the team.

Hammy89 likes this.
  13. Foley1888

Any idea how much AGF would look for to sell him?

14. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Any suggestions on a striker with good goal scoring record in a team/league realistic signing from? Hope we get a striker in as we * up way, way to many chances.

15. Foley1888

Ladislav Almasi, giant striker playing with Banik Ostrava and Slovakia. We were linked loosely to him in the summer. 5 in 7 this season as he missed the start of season with injury. Essentially a big target man type player.

Said Hamulic, Stal Miielec, currently top scorer in Poland. Scored 9 in 17 and created a further 4. Only 21, is Dutch but went out to Lithuania and scored frequently of the left wing but has moved to being a striker and been flying. He has a bit of everything, size (6’2), good pace, is quick feet and can finish both on the deck or in the air.

Josh Maja, Bordeaux, 23, we were linked when he went to France from Sunderland. He has got 7 in 15, creating another 3 in Ligue 2.

Casper Tengstedt, 22, Rosenborg and Denmark U21. Has had a sensational half a season 14 games, 15 goals and 9 assists in Norway. Joint 3 top scorer having only played half a season.

David Datro Fofana, Molde, 19, 15 goals in 24 and 5 assists. Seems a bit of an enigma when he’s on it he’s quick, tricky and a real threat at any level but not sure that happens enough. Still young right enough.

Artem Dovbyk, Dnipro and Ukraine, 9 goals in 12 and 2 assists. Seems to have all the attributes required to be a top striker, pace, strength and a cracking left foot. Not sure what the level in Ukraine is like just now outside of Shakhtar though.

16. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Great shouts tbf mate :50: Especially Casper Tengstedt who have 30 goals in 44 games (for Horsens and Rosenborg)

17. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Add to that,

Dante Vanezir 24 at USG in Belgium, 10G 2A in 24 this season (8g 2a in 16 in league) 14g 10a in 30 last season, can play the wings as well.

Jeremejeff from Hacken in Sweden 24g 3a in 31 this season, is 29 so a bit older good track record previously, likely to be a cheap option and would probably be happy being in the mix as a 3rd as well to complete

Navaro Algila 24 at Gil Vincente in Portugal 10g 1a in 16 this season 16g last season in 33 last season.

18. easy_tiger Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jay-Roy Grot is having a good season for Viborg here in Denmark, traditionally they aren't a top club, so banging goals in for them is a feat........Plus his name is worth it on its own :)

No idea, probably 4 or 5 million, but that would be good business in my opinion.

19. Foley1888

I really like the look of Tengstedt my only concern is he has tended to play in a two up top when playing through the middle.

On the other side he is versatile and can play wide as well as through the middle in a front 3. He has class finishing ability and good vision to link up with people. He’s still young enough too. (Basically talking myself out of my reservation).

Skelleto likes this.
  20. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Not watched him play yet but Carlo Holse is ticking a couple of stat boxes in the Norwegian league along with Vetlesen. 16 assists in 28 games is impressive. Left footed and plays either right wing or centre mid.