1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    The club has to keep highlighting the bad decisions to the SFA and public to highlight how corrupt the system actually is.

Morcombe likes this.
  2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    The more things change the more they stay the same..

Cheating hun *..

Morcombe, scuzzy and Noskeil like this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  4. marty89

It can't use the central camera as it isn't set up correctly, it has a fish eye lens to see more of the pitch for TV.

They are basically saying that the camera in the Motherwell half was being operated incorrectly but won't release the image of what it was pointing at.

None of this makes any sense, even the call made, how could they determine that it was offside, it should be under the marginal category or if anything they should have put their hands up and went with the original on field call.

"To begin with the two lines, attacking and defending, are coloured yellow and black. In this state, the VAR can change the position of each line. These lines are not the final confirmed position.

Aston Villa vs Newcatle - Offside grab
    From the 2021/22 season, the process was tweaked as part of an adjustment to the implementation of VAR.

Firstly, for marginal offside decisions, after the one-pixel lines are applied, the VAR puts on the thicker broadcast lines and where they overlap, those situations will now be deemed as onside."

This absolutely gives off Dougie Dougie vibes.

littlekennie likes this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Been dougie dougie vibes since var came in place making up the consistency as they go along with pens not giving correct cameras for offsides …. When they did the first interview with Beaton I got a shiver down my spine as that * explained they look at the cameras and decide which angles the ref on the park sees on the monitor and what the crowd sees ….. they have the power to omit other angles to influence the games decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Human Error :56:

7. Foley1888

Not an honest referring mistake but just noticed looking at the forthcoming fixtures this Saturday then after the World Cup. They are playing ahead of us every game up until the one midweek before we play them.

So the next 4 fixtures they are playing St Mirren early on Saturday, we are Ross County at 3.

Then Hibs on Thursday, we play Aberdeen Saturday.

They they go to Aberdeen Tuesday, we host Livi Wednesday.

They then go to Ross County Friday we host St J Saturday.

Given they completely bottled it at St J last weekend having fallen further behind that seems a bit of a nonsense.

Morcombe and littlekennie like this.
  8. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Are the offsides still called by actual humans looking at cameras or some automated system?

Also, do we not have the thing they have in England where it shows the offsides really close in it’s like animated?

honda likes this.
  9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly. England zooms in and shows the part of the foot/knee/hair that's offside so there can be no argument. We just claim its offside, draw a squint line and don't use the proper camera.

MagicBallBhoy and Lewis Kerr like this.
  10. JamesM09

This is all dodgy as * man. Absolutely stinks.

We have VAR except when the cameraman decides we don’t?

Get it in the bin.

11. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Is it any surprise an illiterate mutant can’t operate a machine

Morcombe likes this.
  12. john2061

There's supposed to be three cameras in each half for the var games if it's not being televised by sky so where's the other two from that half of the pitch .
    If these images are not available at the time there's no way you can take it from a camera in the other half of the pitch and the goal should have been awarded.
    But we have Hun refs like Dickenson who couldn't chop the goal off quickly enough without the right cameras available at the time it * stinks and the club should pursue this to * I'm * raging that every game now has incidents we are getting penalties against us or goals chopped off with no lines getting shown on TV .

Morcombe likes this.
  13. kenyan_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I've always been on the fence about whether or not certain referees are biased against us and for them, but I have to say since the introduction of VAR I've started to come around to the charge.

I don't necessarily think it's a conspiracy btw - being a fan I know that sometimes, in the moment, I see decisions how I'd like to see them - it's a very human reaction. Similarly, I'm starting to think some of these refs see what they, as fans of them, want to see, and that they are not even necessarily conscious of what they're doing, at least not in the moment.

It's a problem either way, that so many of them don't even feel the need to hide their allegiance. Could you imagine the uproar in England if anyone of their top-flight referees were spotted bevvying up in any one of their supporter pubs?

14. joemc

Their game v hearts stonewall pen to hearts last15 mins ,not called ,not var checked ,nothing . Highlights didn't mention it and was shown , panel did not bring attention to it at all fs .

15. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The SFA VAR system contains a HD camera, 2 go-pros, 2 iPhone 7s and an old vhs camcorder.

SwissCelt likes this.
  16. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    The ball hit his face...it was not a penalty.

17. joemc

Seriously looked like hand to me and rangers fan in work said he thought it was 100% . Cheers .

18. Martybhoy53

The VAR control room at Clydesdale lodge.
    upload_2022-11-11_10-34-7.png

Easter Rd Davie and Noskeil like this.
  19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It hit his face then His hand in the rule book it’s not a pen but if that’s the case then Bernabei isn’t a pen either theirs no consistency making it up as they go along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Looking at the pictures in the hun thread it clearly hit the palm of his hand (in a unnatural position). As clear a penalty you'll ever see imo.

Maybe different looking at it on a video which i have not