1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Not everyone, I wouldn't.

Have to admit after today I have no confidence I know the handball rule at all as today's call is bonkers as far as I'm concerned.

Mickmac, Artorias and Sydneysider like this.
  2. john2061

It's only bonkers if you wear a Celtic jersey and I thought I seen it all at tyncastle with the stonewall handball and today it's a * disgrace that a ball is behind you and you don't know where the ball is and hits your hand when jumping .
    It's also suspicious and dodgy as * that the same official was involved nick Walsh who didn't give us the handball decision against hearts but called the ref today for that joke of a decision and needs banned from our games .

joemc likes this.
  3. murphy88

The Dier one that caused the uproar absolutely * me over. I had a bet on that there would be 200+ penalties in the EPL that season. Bet was worth over 5k and it was looking very decent until they changed the rule after that incident.

4. DonnyCelt

Disgusting decisions yet again yesterday.

The fact that Walsh had the guts to award that penalty on VAR yesterday and not the one he was looking straight at during the Hearts game speaks volumes.

Also Giakoumakis being studded in his stomach and nothing given is also disgraceful.

The powers that be know exactly what they are trying to do, as does the whole of Scottish football and Media.

What really gets me is the huns actually seem to think that these decisions are correct and that VAR is working. :56:

Easy to say that when its your own guys working thr VAR.

We've been battling vs 12 every game we play for years so it's nothing new to us.

Get it up yeez hun wanks!!!

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  5. celtic20

Marvin Bartley is an absolute *. His analysis on Sportscene was laughable. Not to mention his manager said on BBC that it wasn't a penalty.

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If the balls going towards the net and a hand stops it I'd say penalty everytime.

If studs are up in your chest I'd say red everytime.

Only one was called and it was against us. Corrupt.

7. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

*, what a bummer.

8. DonnyCelt

The ball wasn't heading towards the net until it hit Bernabei though, and under the current handball rules in Scotland, if the ball strikes the player on the arm through a consequence of his movement during a jump or such, it is NOT deemed a deliberate action and is NOT a penalty.

It was only given as a penalty yesterday simply because the hun * on VAR saw an opportunity yet again to hinder one team and one team only.

That challenge on Giakoumakis is * assault

9. DonnyCelt

We will only get correct VAR decisions when the game is already won, and this will only be because the wanks using it Know that they can't hide it and have to show that they are "fair and impartial"

Twisty likes this.
  10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If that hit another teams arm we would be calling for it and saying the refs cheat for not giving it just like the hearts game. So I can see why it was given. Again so far the only team in Scotland to be denied a handball penalty since VAR came in is celtic. No shock there.

The assault makes no sense to me. Red all day.

dbhoy72 and DonnyCelt like this.
  11. DonnyCelt

And we were imo only given the pen last weekend as we were not given a stonewaller against Hearts. And that was because we were winning 2-0 at the time.

We've had that * Walsh invilved in 2 of our 3 games involving VAR, speaks volumes.

honda likes this.
  12. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I genuinely think they did the "check for the red card" as a posturing act. I actually don't think it was a red though he doesn't actually make the contact and he could have if he was wanting to(brutal contact with studs). I think it was an accident, an accident that should have been a booking and a FK from the place it took place right enough though.

Twisty likes this.
  13. murphy88

So a karate kick to the chest is not only not a red card, the ref doesn’t even see it as a foul.

Jax Teller likes this.
  14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He was obviously a member of cobra kai and knows only miyagi do crane kick can count as a knock out blow.

murphy88 and DonnyCelt like this.
  15. seanm

VAR is a joke. Just watch nott forest Brentford highlights.awful.HH

16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Geniunly only believe it should be used for offside. Thats all its fit for.

17. murphy88

Aye I agree with this. Every other decision is open to interpretation, and we’ve seen how that goes.

18. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    From a betting point of view overs in a Celtic game is pretty much a gimme at the minute with these DOBs giving the opposition one or two pens every week.

In the three games since VAR came in our games are averaging 5.33 goals a game.

Still 8-13 on Wednesday.

19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I'd understand why it wasn't given if it hit an opposition player arm but it was one of 2 BIG decisions that went against us. I could maybe let the Sibbald kick go if a yellow and a freekick were given but he let's it go.

20. Mr Diggler

What really annoys me about VAR is that it is being brought in for clear and obvious errors. It was designed to be used in a minimal way for maximum effect. If you need to see an incident for 3 minutes from 5 different angles that is not clear and obvious. I absolutely hate it. For me it is destroying football.