1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Steven Gerrard

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Henrik 07, Oct 20, 2022.

Discuss Steven Gerrard in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Huns moaning the players aren't as fit either this season after looking superhuman last

2. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    I've always thought Gerrard was a *, even before Rangers.

Years ago, League One Crystal Palace beat Liverpool 2-1 in the first leg of a cup match, where 21-year-old Clinton Morrison scored the winning goal after Michael Owen missed a bunch of chances. Morrison was asked after the game whether he would have scored some of those Owen chances and he came out and said ‘Yeah, most definitely, I would have put the chances away, easily!’ Of course the media jumped on this and all the headlines were about Clinton giving Owen tips on how to score goals. Just a 21 year old being a bit cocky and running his mouth without thinking, not a big deal.

But the way Gerrard recounts it in his book 15+ years later just highlights what a humourless, arrogant, bitter guy he is:

'There was more London opposition in the semi-finals. Crystal Palace are a decent club , but back then they had a complete ***** of a centre forward. Clinton Morrison fancied himself so much he should have married a mirror. Before the game he gave it all the big **** in the papers about how good he was. Clinton is one of those players who gets a buzz off seeing himself in the press. If the bookies had offered a bet on Clinton Morrison talkinging himself up bfore our games, I would have had my mortgage on it.

We arrived at Selhurst Park having heard and read about all theses things Clinton was going to do to us. Big scary Clinton. Hoping for an upset TV showed the 1st leg live. Liverpool were all over Palace. If this had been a boxing bout, the referee would have stopped it to prevent Palace suffering further. We pulverized them. Their goal led a charmed life. Michael (Owen) was so unlucky. He could easily have got a hat-trick, 7-2 wouldnt have flattered Liverpool, honestly. Unbelievably, Palace won 2-1.

We were smarting at the injustice, desperate to get Palace back to Anfield to put them and Clinton in their proper place. I wished the 2nd leg had been the next night, waiting a fortnight for revenge felt far too long. Stupidly forgetting there was a 2nd leg, Clinton mouthed off again. How thinck was that? I couldnt believe what I was reading in the papers. None of the Liverpool players could. it did our heads in, those Morrison quotes like, "I would have scored the chances Owen had". Michal just laughed, Englands hero of St Etienne was not going to worry about the hollow jibes of some second string striker. "Whatever!" shrugged Michael, smiling. Clinton angered me more than he upset Michael. His comments showed a lack of respect. if you want a really sound laugh compare the respective goal scoring records of Michael Owen and Clinton Morrison. European footballer of the year v Mr Average. Clinton could talk for Ireland, but could he back his words with goals at Anfield? with everyones eyes on him? with an angry Kop slaughtering him? No ••••••• way.

When we all walked into the Anfield dressing room, there on the wall were all Morrisons offending articles, like a list of crimes pinned up outside a court room, "Im going to score at Anfeidl in front of te Kop", says big Clint. Oh, yeah? There it was, in black and white, Clintons boast. Any time anyone dared criticize Liverpool, Phil Thompson would stick it up on the notice board. Bang. read that. Sort him out. Personally, i'm not a great fan of that. Cheap talk shouldnt stir big responses. No footballer needs extra motivation. I certainly dont. But seeing all those headlines on the Anfield dressing room wall, and knowing cocky Clinton was in the room down the corridor fired our players up that night.

Poor Palace. We absolutely destroyed them. We were 3-0 up in twenty minutes, smashing them all over Anfield, and eventually won 5-0. Take that, Clinton. He got booed all game by Kopites at their merciless best. Clintom was trapped in a nightmare he'd scripted. At one point, he tried to do an overhead kick and almost broke his back. Liverpool fans ****ed themselves. By the final whistle, Clinton was like a little sheep walking off the pitch with his tail between his legs. Thats why you dont come out and say stupid things, Learn your lesson Clinton'

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Villa 3 up against Brentford 15 minute's in as soon as this * got * out the door. Lovely..

4. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    He comes across as a right horrible *, players probably hated him , 1 trophy out of 9 because of a Lennon cluster * and hes a hun legend, Davidson won more trophies than him in his 3 year stint and they don’t go on about it as much

5. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    No doubt the players couldney wait tae see the back of him, probably had enough of his greetin face lol.

7. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    It's almost like Gerrard isn't a good manager and was found out.

8. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Gerrard is a * * for sure but there must be better examples of his cuntish behaviour than this mate :39:

9. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Guy’s a * moon badger..day one up here he was moaning about referee conspiracies against huns.

I’ve developed a hatred of Liverpool because of him mainly.

The Phoenix likes this.
  10. JamesM09

4-0 Villa, those players must’ve * hated him.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Clip of him trying to coach the Saudis is * class, gonna say he'll be sacked within 2 months, MAX!