1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daizen Maeda

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Daizen Maeda in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Think he just thought I'll boot it in to the stand and whoever I hit would've been abusing me the last few week's anyway..

2. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Felt bad for him because he didn't have a good game (and has been below par for a few games) and Ange should have taken him off and put Haksa out wide and kept Kyogo up front with GG. His touch and decision making range from poor to lucky to abysmal. Great work rate and pace but at this level that isn't enough.

3. Lewis Kerr

On the ball he's so out of his depth it's unreal.

Definitely wasn't the worst tonight but if you're surprised that he does something decent with the ball he's probably not the guy you want playing for you in high level games. Ange is blinkered when it comes to him.

4. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Would take him out of the firing line for a couple of games.

Dan Breen and saltire78 like this.
  5. saltire78

Coming across like his confidence/composure is blown to bits right now.
    Maybe he's having a delayed effect from the transfer now that it's permanent - last year he fell straight in from the Japanese season without much time to overthink anything, especially when he was essential straight away with injuries. Now he's shifted the family and home etc maybe he needs to be given a breather to refocus himself?
    Long story short, it's toxic to his game and relationship with the fans just now. Love the concept of unquestioned managerial backing, but it's bullshit in reality. Rest him, use him as a sub for a few weeks and get his head straight

6. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Not sure what's more annoying. The fact that our passing has been so sloppy, or the fact that when we do get a pass on target to Maeda his first touch flicks the ball up onto his shoulder.

7. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    I thought he was mostly ok tonight, but that second half cross was wild, not just in execution but in decision-making. Had so much space in front of him that he could have driven forward, potentially into their box.

Dan Breen likes this.
  8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think he's rotten, tbh.

Works hard but we could quite easily replace his inputs with a more skillful winger with consistent end product.

9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Thought he did well, but fk me what's in his head at times I don't know. Couple of great chances and that cross, forest done something similar when he got round them and fired a ball into an empty box without looking up. Our crossing is atrocious.

10. EddieBhoy1986

His confidence is shot and I can see Ange thinking showing faith in him will help his confidence. But it's gone past that now, tje longer he stays in and keeps missing sitters the lower his confidence will fall and the harder it's going to be to climb out. Needs benched and Forrest brought in for a few games at least, let him regroup and get his * together. And honestly with Cal out injured, Tam and Nir away this team needs Jamesy experience to steady things.

11. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Guy gives his all, but I’m struggling to think of a technically poorer winger I’ve seen that’s started more than 5 games for us.

12. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

With Abada injured now this guy will be starting the next few games probably. Might’ve been anyway. Ange has to admit to himself that he is just not good enough for this team.

13. EKCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Said it before, I'll say it again. Every fan on here would 'give their all' on the park for Celtic, but we aren't the ones getting a wage from them.

'Giving your all' isn't enough if you do not have composure, confidence, first touch or an end product - all of which Maeda is missing and has been for a while.

Loyalty is hard to come by these days in football but Ange has to stop been so loyal here and drop him. Not good enough.

14. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    He is not good enough to start, or good enough at all at CL level (he's not alone), but he is good enough to be a good squad player domestically. And that is not a bad thing, because we have quite a few players that are not good enough to even be squad players. Such as McCarthy and Turnbull.

15. Dip 'n' Swerve

we need the likes of solbakken - someone with a shot, strength, some height and physical fight.
    maeda offers very little has been found out - not a starter in the team.
    his decision to cross the ball when he should have burnt the turf into the box boggles kind of shows he is a panic player.

16. Foley1888

I thought he was very good defensively last night and covered Taylor’s lack of physicality well. On the ball and in front of goal he should have scored at least one and that time he blasted the cross out the park was a joke why not drive into the space and get a shot off or cut back. That was the ideal situation for him.

17. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    He's struggling massively with confidence right now. It's like he's scared of the ball. Take him out for a couple of weeks and bring him on when games are done to chase down and hurry already tired opposition. Fans will be far more relaxed and it won't seem like they're getting on his back.

Ange seems to be sticking with him so he can get through this little spell. Showing loyalty with him but I think it's doing him more harm than good.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He’s played to put the ball in the net if he can’t do that then he’s useles I get we all get an off day but this has been going on for weeks now infact the games are all a carbon copy of bodo glimt at home chance after chance missed by maeda in fact his wastefulness has infected the other players it definently comes down from manager he played for ange before it’s a mentality of keep going if we miss we will get another which probably is the right mentality but these players are taking it literal they need to have the mentality especially in these games if the chance comes be in right place right time because we will get punished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If he didn’t have so much pace he’d be playing * football in Japan.