1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

1st pre match tips

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Oliver Abbott, Oct 3, 2022.

Discuss 1st pre match tips in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Oliver Abbott

So this is probably an over asked, maybe tedious question but...I'm travelling up from Essex, England for the Ross County game on the 12th November. Although my wife (who I'm coming with) has been to Glasgow before, last time she missed the game and just got out of it at the Sarry Heid :60:. So useless at any information. We are staying at the Euro Hostel but on game day what's the best route to soak up the atmosphere?

2. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    To be honest although probably sell out there won't be much of an atmosphere anywhere on the way to the ground. You might be better to head along early to the Celtic Supporters club on London Road, only a 5 minute walk from stadium. The GB meet in there before games.

If walking from town I'd stick to following the Gallowgate all the way and if any pubs catch your eye you'll be safe enough to have a pint or two. There'll be plenty of others walking that route.

3. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If you're coming from the Euro Hostel, you're only like a block or two down from Central Station, so simply walk east along Argyle St (the KFC/Pizza Hut on the corners opposite Central and the Celtic shop is just a couple of stores along from the KFC, so easy to know you're going the right way) til come to the Gallowgate and the various pubs there before following along London Rd up to Paradise. Won't be hard to spot.

I'm blind and I can do it... you'll be right :)

4. Oliver Abbott

Excellent. thanks for the info

HH

5. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Would you recommend the Kings Park Hotel pub for a pint Tim? lol. I will never forget that night! THE bar fight of bar fights!

Taz likes this.
  6. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    lol, that was some night. :) Still peaks me out when can't see to know what the * is going on around, lol... Just a shame we didn't have a better result to celebrate the next day though... I blame that jinxed 1988 Centenary 'Away' shirt I was wearing, lol.

Skelleto likes this.