1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Andor

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Sean Daleer, Sep 24, 2022.

Discuss Andor in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Watched the first episode. Oh yes.

Grown up Star Wars. Inject it into my veins.

2. JamesM09

Not watched it yet but optimistic about this one.

It’s the guys that done Rogue One isn’t it? That’s my favourite of the new films and the guys making that clearly knew what they were doing with regard to Star Wars, unlike some of the other creators.

Hammy89 and Sean Daleer like this.
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Very much like Rogue One. Same atmosphere but much more grown up. Within about 5 minutes you realise this isn’t going to be your usual Star Wars fare.

BigWilly, Hammy89 and JamesM09 like this.
  4. JamesM09

Honestly there’s a thread about underrated footballers and I nearly posted Rogue One in it.

Hugely underrated film.

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I mean you see it coming but you think, there is no * way this is going to happen. It just can’t theres action figures to be sold :giggle1:

Then it happens and you are like ok, holy * that’s different haha.

6. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It’s been a great opening, the first 2 were a slow burn but it’s just nicely setting it up for the 3rd episode, I wish they would release the next 3 next week :giggle1:

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Well, the first two episodes were great but holy * the third just went to the stars.

That battle scene in the abandoned factory type thing. Oh my.

Graeme1888 likes this.
  8. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    That 4th episode was building it up nicely for the next arc! Also the scenery was beautiful, good to know Scotland is Aldhani :giggle1:

9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I’ve seen a few people say that but I honestly thought it was a massive bore fest. Was well excited to see it too.

10. JamesM09

Yours is a popular opinion to be fair mate.

I think it had some issues during development with people leaving the project and I think that definitely came through in the final film.

But I just loved so much about it. I think if they had Rogue One’s creators in the Skywalker movies then they would’ve been near perfect films. The world building alone in rogue one vs. the carry on in the sequel trilogy is night and day.

11. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Not to derail the thread too much, but I just feel like the current climate of film making is like milking cows. Pump out any old Marvel, Spider-Man or Star Wars movie and * will pay through their teeth for it in their droves regardless of quality. I’ve completely given up on all 3.

12. JamesM09

For me, Star Wars has been * from the start. I think the wrong people were put in charge and for some reason they can't get rid of them. Really the people they put in charge have been money people and I reckon it's ended up costing them billions in lost revenue.

Favreau and Filoni worked on the Mandalorian and it's been really good despite not being the Grade A intellectual property. It's like they've won the league with St. Mirren. If they had been in charge of the whole thing from the start I think it would be in a very different position right now.

----

For Marvel/Spider-Man .. I'm less pessimistic about them. I think the struggle they're going through right now is a more reasonable one. What they've done so far no one has ever come close to doing. It was an impossible task but somehow they're doing it. I think it's inevitable they hit a bit of a slump.

If you take the latest Spider-Man film for example, I think it was really good and really clever. There was clearly a huge logistical challenge with the nature of the film (former cast etc.) and I think covid exacerbated the issues.

I've watched most of their stuff although not all of it. I see them trying to do some different things with WandaVision, She-Hulk etc. I don't think that stuff is intended for everyone and it's largely experimental, but I appreciate them trying new things. That's partly why I'm less cynical about it.

They're also in the process of bringing in Grade A characters they never thought they would have access from Fox like the X-Men and Fantastic 4. I think they're handling that fairly well right now but again even among impossible feats, this one is above even that.

--

All that being said, I actually don't disagree with you at all. There's definitely problems with putting out sub-par content. Sorry for wall of text.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  13. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The writing in this show is so good, I’m excited for how the rest of this season and the next season will be

14. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Iam not getting subtitles on my stream so been missing a bit with the kids ,

Loved him in Narcos , so will watch it just for him , iam on episode 3 atm

15. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    The only one I like from the modern ones.

JamesM09 likes this.
  16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Need to watch this soon, loved the star wars spin offs.

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It’s brilliant stuff so far. So many layers so many interesting characters.

Who do we think Cassian’s sister is? I have a theory but it seems too obvious at this time.

18. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I've not started this yet. I'm waiting for the series to end so I can binge it. There have been so many TV series over the last few weeks that have came out all at once. House of Dragon, Rings of Power, She-Hulk and Andor all came out within 5 weeks of each other.

Binged She-Hulk and it was quite good and funny. Now onto House of Dragon and really enjoying that so far. Will do Rings of Power and then Andor but I've heard unreal things about Andor so really excited about it.

19. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I actually have no idea, do you think it’s someone in the show currently?

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Absolutely loving this show. Well written, well acted, great depth of characters that you feel invested in. The whole contrast of middle management empire scumbags (I'm looking at you Meero) versus ordinary people uprising is brilliant. The irony that they are pushing Cassian towards a rebellion he had no interest in is hilarious. Meero is chilling,
    the scene with Bix when she had her tortured, ooft.

Just enough senate stuff as well to push the story forward but important they continue to get that balance right in the next few episodes and beyond.

Good stuff though. Excited to see what happens next. Further proof the Star Wars universe doesn't need loads of X Wings, TIE fighters, light sabres and the force to make it interesting.