1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SPFL St Mirren v Celtic Sunday 18th September Sky sports football kick off 12PM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 14, 2022.

Discuss St Mirren v Celtic Sunday 18th September Sky sports football kick off 12PM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic warrior

On the day it felt sore taking that loss but in hindsight I think Ange would have taken a lot from that going forward.

A midfield starting with Mooy and Turnbull is just so flat, stiff and just overall uncreative and immobile...which as an individual player is not something you'd levy at Turnbull (lack of creative threat)

We won't be seeing a midfield like that again for the rest of the season and as a result I doubt we will then be seeing a similar performance again.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  2. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    The run had to end some time, and i do think that Ange will learn alot from this defeat. He wont start Mooy again for example. He cant cope with our first half pace. He wont drop/rest more then 2 key players, and the players will learn from it as well. I can see us absolutely murdering our way through the season from now on.

George Theodorou likes this.
  3. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good

Mooy is there to shut up shop and calm things down in the midfield going into the later part of the second half with us leading and heading for a win.

Hammy89 and Skelleto like this.
  4. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    St Mirren just wanted it more, it’s as simple as that they tried their hearts out, and were rewarded for it. To many changes to many not up for a fight it looked better when GG came on but it was to late by then.

we have the break now to reset I hope when we come back we smash fck out the next team, so those who think they can out muscle us or slow us down and get a result get a nasty surprise.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Showing us down will be a ploy at every away ground..

I'm no expecting ball boy's to rush and throw it to us in no time....but it was a * take the other day. It took an age every single time. Running back on with the ball or so there was 2 on at the same time. Standing over freekicks..

That's when ref's SHOULD be doing something..

I've no doubt it's a blip. Ange won't let that happen again or play that kinda 11 again..

6. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

The players should be surrounding the ref en masse, like a Mourinho or Fergie team. Highlight and moan every single time these * waste time and it'll get better ... You'd like to think so anyways.

7. Keano88

Unstick this so we can all delete it from our memories.

8. strike twice

I haven't read through this thread , so apologies if I'm repeating other folk's points . We were very insipid , lacklustre and flat . It was one of those days that we never got going . The ref let too many wee annoying fouls go unpunished . Then there was the time wasting . I watched on my laptop , and found that the strips clashed . Our first choice strip would have been fine . I hope that we can learn from this loss , and use the bad feelings to inspire us as the season continues .