1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    smelly hun - * off

lennon11, elbhoydo and Mystic Penguin like this.
  2. didyeayepodcast

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Jim Craig is a name synonymous with the famous Lisbon Lions. The first British side to win the European Cup, the right-back was a driving force in Scotland’s greatest club team. Jim chats to the Did Ye Aye? Podcast about those heroics, growing up in Govan and his career outside of football.

LISTEN NOW

On Apple Podcasts - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/did-ye-aye-podcast/id1492753175?i=1000579844602

On Spreaker - https://www.spreaker.com/user/didyeayepodcast/jim-craig-full-edit

On Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/episode/3mWw2ZCkd99Nm6YZlBtvhR?si=Na-BM7FLRx-aMUh9dZTGNA

LISTEN! LIKE! SHARE!

You can also find the podcast on iHeartRadio, Google Podcasts, Castbox, Deezer, Podcast Addict, Podchaser and Amazon Music

3. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    * me what is this pish?! Too many * Queenie's * lickers on here!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Twisty likes this.
  4. horseshoe

These last few pages are a riot, they couldn't be more obvious. There's having a difference of opinion and then there's spouting this bollocks.

Ghost_Jiggle likes this.
  5. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    :giggle1: We have 4 Japanese out of how many players? And especially those guys are known to give always their best, for an incredible work ethic. So they're not gonna give up because of 1 banner :giggle1:

I know enough people the age of our players from around Europe that I can say it's very rare that one is gives a * about monarchs.

The Swedes e.g. don't even give a * about their own king, so a guy like Starfelt isn't gonna walk around sad because of a foreign monarch.

Our manager laughed when asked about the queen because he found the idea that it effects him or the team weird. And he knows the best what his players beliefes are.

The British head of state is not of any relevance anymore, apart from the gossip magazines. And who in our players' generation is reading them?

6. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    “Should keep politics out of Celtic Park"

Should have told that Brother Walfrid :giggle1: Founding Celtic in that environment was already a political statement. If you like it or not.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  7. Mr Cleansheets

Last few pages of this thread are a microcosm of all that is wrong with the world - fake news, and misinformation spread by insurgents with a motive to undermine.

Celtic has never been aligned with the British monarchy.

That is all.

8. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Not sure how anyone can have a lm issue with it.

The protests were aimed towards the institution of the monarchy, as opposed to the queen specifically. If anything, it was far tamer than I thought it would be, but actually we’ll carried out was far as highlighting the issue goes.

9. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    I'm indifferent to the presence of the royals, but I think the banners were mostly on point (not sure about the Fagan one...), the one at St Mirren was clever. The Lizzie in a box patter was rank though, let the words on the banner do the talking, was clever, and funny, ruined the illusion of what the message was saying. Would of had more impact if everyone just quietly clapped after banner was unfurled.

10. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    I would agree and disagree. Most of the people in the crowd making a political statement probably don't know the first thing about history or politics and are just joining in with something they hear the next guy doing.

dortmunder likes this.
  11. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Was on a long drive and had the misfortune of listening to White, Souness and Jordan.....I know, should have known better.

Souness came out with some * about "our brand" being damaged.

It got me thinking, a) what is our brand? b) how do I think the Celtic brand is perceived away from these shores and c) what would I like the brand to be.

I personally think we have a corporate brand and a supporters different, very different brand.

My own perception is that the heartbeat of the club (us) is still a working class entity who will happily take whatever criticism we take when speaking out against right wing ideology, racism, bigotry and social injustice.

I also think that's how we are perceived away from the UK.

Was going to put this on a separate thread but I'm too shy, but I would be interested in hearing what we all think the corporate / and social brand is just now and what we want it to be.

12. leeso-ardoyne

Just seen what he has to say . Biggest pile of * I've read in a long time. He's just using this moment to get a dig in on us the * is. Anyone who thinks we wouldn't get a big sponsor because of this is ridiculous! It'll All be forgot about in a few weeks once the football is back up and running.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  13. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Wouldn't bother me if we did lose sponsors, if nodding away like all the parcel shelf dogs is a prerequisite for money then we don't belong with that company.

I don't want it forgotten about I want the world to know our social and moral compass.

I was on a few projects on the North West today and everyone that spoke to me about it was pishing themselves laughing.

murphy88, leeso-ardoyne and NomDePlum like this.
  14. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    If they're worrying about the Scottish football brand, they should be taking issue with clubs singing about being up to their knees in * blood, and booing players taking the knee for BLM....

15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye, right. :56:

A figurehead and monarchy of the British state is in no way comparable to chanting about someone losing a loved one. Folk can react to the death however they want, especially when the forced mourning is being pressed on the country for nearly two weeks straight.

Slaw and The Phoenix like this.
  16. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic was formed to help those needing help and support from the Irish community and who were being discriminated against.

Catholic schools were introduced because Catholics weren't provided with an afequate education.

Amazing to think the things developed to help those being discriminated against is now being blamed for separatism and bigotry in Scotland.

Everything about the clubs birth and longevity is political.....like it or not as you said matey.

17. leeso-ardoyne

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...EKAB6BAhAEAE&usg=AOvVaw2BcXxzDMH4FslDcqN40gAZ

Roddy Collins says he is cancelling Sky subscription after apology over Celtic chant
    The League of Ireland legend said he'll be cancelling his Sky subscription after an apology for Celtic fans chants.

"); background-color: rgb(0, 119, 181); margin: 2px 6px; border-radius: 25%; width: 28px; height: 28px; overflow: hidden !important;">
    • BY DARRAGH CULHANE
    • 20:43, 20 SEP 2022
    [​IMG]
    Roddy Collins
    Sign up to FREE email alerts from Irish Mirror - Irish Mirror Sport - Daily Sports Updates
    We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
    Roddy Collins says he will be cancelling his sky subscription after they apologised for a chant sung by Celtic fans.

Travelling fans sang during a minute's applause in remembrance of the Queen, saying "If you hate the royal family clap your hands".

And Sky apologised during the broadcast.

But Roddy Collins was left angry by the apology.

[​IMG]
    He wrote in the Irish Daily Star : "I'll be cancelling my Sky account this week. To hear them apologise yesterday for the behaviour of Celtic supporters really * me off.

"800 years of oppression and there is a certain cohort that wants us to just suck it up and go away"

Get the latest sports headlines straight to your inbox by signing up for free email alerts

Follow Irish Mirror
    FacebookTwitter

18. leeso-ardoyne

Same! You have to hand it to ever came up with it. It was very creative haha. It'll always be remembered for how funny it was to come up with it. You could see it in all the players and managers faces. Id say some where biting there lips to stop them from laughing and the others where in 2 minds to stop clapping or not . * excellent from the supporters once again..

Noskeil likes this.
  19. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Oh no souness is upset with fan behaviour. :90:

20. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    It was petulant, immature and childish but * a creative masterstoke. I loved every second of it watching, managers and players alike hiding smirks in and trying not to laugh. It was a bright spot in the two weeks of gloom the tv has made us inddure. If anyone was offended that's their issue not ours

Mr. Slippyfist likes this.