1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SPFL St Mirren v Celtic Sunday 18th September Sky sports football kick off 12PM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 14, 2022.

Discuss St Mirren v Celtic Sunday 18th September Sky sports football kick off 12PM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Hopefully not wearing that strip again!

JC Anton and seanm like this.
  2. seanm

It's cursed that top bin them all HH

3. seanm

Please can training consist of us just finishing our chances FFS .HH

4. Easter Rd Davie Once a Celt, Always a Celt Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    In The Heat of Lisbon
    I believe Alex Ferguson later said the English FA fined United £10,000 for changing their strips at half-time…:43:Southampton won the match 3-1

5. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Hence I put "won" in brackets. Half time 3-0 full time 3-1. Man U played better in 2nd half. Probably because of several factors, but the strip change may well have been one of them

6. john2061

I'm surprised the ref allowed it and I noticed a good few times Celtic players passed the ball to a st.mirren player and not blaming the strips totally on the defeat but it didn't help and on TV it was even harder when the ball got passed and total * up by the club to wear it against a team who wears black and white .

Mince.Charming and seanm like this.
  7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I missed the game and not watching the highlights however on the face of it, seems like too many changes and just a bad day at the office against a well set up St mirren side. Seems to be a place we struggle.

I'm not a fan of loads of changes this early in the season.

We really need to start taking our chances too.

38 games unbeaten prior so we cannot grumble too much. But to lose the 5 point gap in a game against that level of side rather than away at Tynecastle or Ibrox etc is a pain.

Also, that kit is rotten and thats the closest to a kit clash I've seen in years. Who sanctioned that!

We move.

seanm likes this.
  8. joemc

2 major things happened in this game , 1 we lost ccv and more importantly 2 they worked harder off the ball .
    Ok there are other little issues that didn't help , the ref allowing them to be more physical, the game getting slowed down by St mirren players and being allowed also but these things we see all the time until we score .
    So then we are still not being clinical enough ,I wish we kept some of the goals against dutd for the nxt few games ,that game everything functioned well ,ok after 3 or 4 goals teams normally give up mentally anyway.

seanm likes this.
  9. EddieBhoy1986

Very true he bailed us out at least 4 times I can think of by not loosing his head when we were in trouble and I think his ability to stay composed positively influenced the rest of the team around him. It's games like these makes you realise how important Tam was for us.

No one can say our players didn't keep trying yesterday or on Wednesday, problem is they tried so hard they lost all composure and couldn't put away the chances they created. Their heads were gone.

Lewis Kerr and seanm like this.
  10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I thought St Mirren actually played well, us not at our best but not dreadful either, not like we were taking bad touches, off the pace and giving the ball away and a mess or anything. We just couldn't get through them, they pressed us really well and seemed to have an actual game plan even all the time wasting with only really 1 ball in use so every throw in or anything took ages to be took to give them a breather and slow it down. They put in hard work and closed us down the same way we done to Real Madrid only they got goals to give them a lift and rattle us more into having to play quicker and beat us quite easy in the end.

Not really any players for us i'd single out and say he was terrible or never turned up, they were just tactically really good and got goals at good times.

Dundee Utd played like this against us last season and almost got results a couple of times where they tried to attack us with long balls up to 2 strikers, time wasted constantly and pressed us when we entered their half. Something we need to learn to deal with better maybe by going route 1 more ourselves and changing things about a bit.

I felt we played how we always do but were completely nullified at getting near their box.

11. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    With hindsight making so many changes after losing CCV and with Starfelt also out wasn't the best decision

I can't moan too much, as I wanted us to use the squad and we did that.

All we can do is learn from it, which I think we will.

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Funny how the two most recent league defeats have been against St Mirren and then Livingston a year ago today. Fs.

Hammy89 likes this.
  13. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Given how bad it looked on TV and given how much influence they have over our game I'm surprised Sky never made us change.
    Usually in that situation the home team would be asked to change into away kit as its unlikely the away team would travel with 2 kits

14. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Maybe in future we do. Or at least a supply of contrasting shorts.

No need to over react to a situation that might never happen again, but how hard is it to ask the kit man to pack 20 pairs of shorts that contrast with the ones that were intended to be used.

Ryanm1984 likes this.
  15. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Still * sickened

Sent from my CPH2375 using Tapatalk

Artorias and Hammy89 like this.
  16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Stats were pretty similar too.

17. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Would rather the big wigs at Adidas done proper research and started designing change kits that are actually appropriate for us.

Just give us something yellow and black

18. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    You could not even see the shamrock clearly on their chest ! Would not even wear those shirts in a training run.

19. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good

20. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Bless you a second time. That is what training is about, getting it right. Repitition, repitition, repitition till you get it right.
    Putting that ball where it should go without hesitatation because you know you can do it, NOT hope you can do it.

That's what you get paid for, this is your profession of choice.

Taylor1 likes this.