1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SPFL St Mirren v Celtic Sunday 18th September Sky sports football kick off 12PM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 14, 2022.

Discuss St Mirren v Celtic Sunday 18th September Sky sports football kick off 12PM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Don't want to make you feel old mate but the man u game I think ur referring to was 26 years ago.

Only reason I know is I had the strip as a kid.

Definitely felt there was a clash with our kit and theirs on tv today so dunno if players had issues too.

This has been an issue over the years with our kits were we've had to wear kits from season previous bcoz of clashes particularly with hibs (we had 3 green kits one season). It's like the people at adaidas/Nike/new balance do absolutely * all research into what we actually need in a change kit

honda likes this.
  2. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Not even an excuse but * were the kits all about. Surely our home kit would’ve been less of a clash

3. Big C

Having reflected on this my take is that, it was all down to Ange, and that can’t be levelled at him often. The team selection was wrong, in particular Mooy. Ange has set the standard of starting fast and getting at teams, this can’t happen with Mooy, he’s to pedestrian in his movement and passing. He’s decent at entering the game after 60/70 mins but never should he be starting and trying to dictate the tempo.We learn and we move on, it’s a lesson we need to learn.

4. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Awful easy unsettled if that was the case

seanm, charlietully and Sydneysider like this.
  5. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We've been beating teams ridiculously easily domestically and playing massive games in the Champions League against Real madrid - We then pitch up at Paisley to play the mighty St mirren

Its a recipe for complacency for the players even if its subconsciously; they most likely expected another stroll in the park - Every team needs a kick up the backside every now and then and we can rest assured Ange will not be shy in giving them an almighty boot up the * if he feels that is whats required

6. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Maybe I'm an idiot who doesn't understand football and all your xG pish but we miss Rogic in games like that. A Tommy Rogic, a Paddy McCourt, heck a Nakamura - someone with that bit of magic to get a goal out of nothing

oh bhoy and TESLA like this.
  7. Foley1888

I never saw the whole game as it was my boys birthday party today. I was expecting a routine win even with the changes given a change side won comfortably at Ross County earlier in the season.

However, those playing really failed to turn up today. I agree team selection was wrong not so much because number of changed but more the combinations it put out including the midfield three and two wingers meaning we lacked creativity.

The thing that really annoyed me about today is more that it’s just not something really good teams do. What I mean by that is, you have one game to go before an international break and a chance to have a domestic clean sweep and maintain a 5 point advantage but you completely fail to turn up!

Don’t get me wrong, I know really good teams lose games and drop points but not in situations like today. You then have the added fact your main rival is in turmoil and you through them a lifeline.

It really shows a poor mentality, something I wrongly thought we had managed to get rid off. Hopefully the break does us good and we comeback out ready to kick on again after the 2 week break. It’s just a pain we have to wait that long again to play.

seanm and Easter Rd Davie like this.
  8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

We missed Paddy McCourt today holy * @Bhoyyo :giggle1:

Bayern Bru and martin_d like this.
  9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

You've been very generous to McCourt there ffs.:giggle1:

Twisty, martin_d and Sydneysider like this.
  10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Never wear that strip again.

Madness wearing against St Mirren as well. Eyes still bleeding from it.

Avatar Daizen, JML67, seanm and 9 others like this.
  11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's done, we move on..:ange2:

seanm, Rydo1888* and martin_d like this.
  12. Lewis Kerr

Tom Rogic was the catalyst for a lot of the wins we scraped last season. Whether that was scoring, setting one up or starting off the move that created the goal he bailed us out loads.

We definitely miss that the most about him.

Sydneysider likes this.
  13. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Never mind they ex players We missed hatate, oriley and jota who are more than capable of a bit of magic, mooy and Turnbull just aren’t

Twisty, seanm and Sydneysider like this.
  14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That kit is forever cursed now.

15. cammy07

Actually like the kit too but who the * thought that was a good idea to wear that today, looked absolutely brutal on the tele.

seanm likes this.
  16. erlee

Fav Celtic Player:
    larrson
    That un-inspiring kit is totally shambles.
    neither here nor there.
    Result shows.. I blame the sh*tty kit:35:

seanm likes this.
  17. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    If there's one positive it's that Steve Clarke was there and now won't be playing any of our guys in the upcoming internationals :50:

seanm likes this.
  18. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    True but Rogic had those moments of genius

seanm likes this.
  19. murphy88

I actually think the kit did effect us. There were a lot of times when there was an easy pass to someone in a lot of space or breaking forward, but the player with the ball kept it too long and went backwards. I’m putting that down to the player not instantly seeing the player because of the clash. We have been free flowing all season, and even against Ross County in the cup when we made numerous changes, it didn’t stop us playing our usual football. I think the kit played a part in us being slow on the ball yesterday.

Easter Rd Davie and seanm like this.
  20. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    In that game against Southampton Man U changed at half time and "won" the 2nd half 1-0.

Does anyone know if we would have been allowed to change. If we wear that top again I hope we at lease have some contrasting shorts. If we had white or light green shorts on yesterday it might have helped.

George Theodorou and seanm like this.