1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I hope we never see that monstrosity of a kit again.

Absolutely baffling that was allowed today.

2. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It's a serious setback, no two ways about it. We have squandered a five point league lead to only two points. And it has also laid bare that our squad is still not as good as it should be.Also, big question marks over some Celtic players who were hitherto considered undroppable. A lot for Ange and the management team to ponder on during the International break.

3. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It's a setback but hardly serious.

4. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

We’re still top of the league , stop panicking, look at the start we had last year

5. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    We lost, that's football. The team selection was wrong from the start, players that came in didn't look hungry enough to want to win and yet again squandering chances left, right and center.

My only huge negative was Anges selection, I know they need a rest but we have an international break where half if not more of the team will be at Lennoxtown anyway. Truly baffling, showed a bit of disrespect to St Mirren and got duely punished for it. Hopefully he learns from that mistake. No need to hit the panic button yet ffs.

Artorias and StPauli1916 like this.
  6. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    He needs to see what partnerships work, and which do not work well in a competitive match. Training ground does not reveal that truth as well, compared to the real thing.

7. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It's not panic, it rational thought and facts.
    To go from a five point lead to two is very serious in the context of the league. Every point is precious
    and we beat Rangers 4-0 to go to the low of Paisley today.

8. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

If we play sevco again next week, I'd bet my left teste we would hammer them again, comfortably.
    There were loads of factors at play today, but in grand scheme of things, it's not end of the world. We'll be fine.

George Theodorou and Wllm like this.
  9. celtic warrior

No disrespect to Mooy but after today's showing surely Abildgaard can't be any worse of a selection right now for Ange

George Theodorou likes this.
  10. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You may be right, and I am not disagreeing with you, but we are not playing Rangers next week.
    We have frittered away three precious and needless points today by the wrong team selection, and now have to twiddle our thumbs and dwell on it for the next two weeks.
    So exasperating.

11. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He made a couple of mistakes today.

Playing Turnbull and Mooy together in midfield was a disaster of a decision, both are incredibly slow, and you noticed it big time, had zero creativity in there.

I also think starting both Maeda and Abada together was a poor choice. Lack of creativity on the wings was a huge issue today, needs to be a mixture of one of those two alongside Haksabanovic/Jota.

A bad day at the office, but considering how good we've been prior to this game, he's allowed an off day.

12. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You must be some laugh at parties :giggle1:

13. James Mc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    This * actually is a hun, your talking out your * pal

jimbobers likes this.
  14. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    End of the day that team shoulda played better. Just too slow for whatever reasons, they know how we play but couldn't get anywhere near it. One loss in 39 games..
    FbhcWBoX0AUHvNI.jpeg

15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Totally agree those specific mixes you mention was it.

At home we get away with it, not away.

HTG likes this.
  16. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Abildgaard plays where CalMac is, Ange has a big decision to make if he's to include him in the starting 11

Captain or not, I'd like to see how Abildgaard, Hatate and O'Riley goes

17. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Over a season mate, that’s going to happen, definitely anges fault for the team selection but going to get the odd off day and the opposition just have a great day, would be slightly more concerning had we played our strongest team, the team selection is my only major gripe, far to many changes, all right talking about squad s but when a teams playing well together don’t see the need to radically change it unless it’s due to injury, wait till were winning then change it

18. leeso-ardoyne

What a difference a few days/ week makes in the minds of Celtic supporters. Before I'd usually get hooked in to this carry-on. Not now! Just going to sit back amused st some of the comments against Angeeeee now! Won't be long till the knives are out stabbing him in the back.

For what it's worth, we are going to win trophies with Ange. Win in Europe, get our arses handed to us aswell in Europe. Great winning steaks in the league but also have shockers like today. Get humped by weaker teams in the cups but always have great days out lifting them. That's football. Just sit back and enjoy it. It's all part of the game. The sweet is never is sweet without the sour!

19. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Midfield was really wrong. Team overall was wrong. Manager himself said as much.

Annoying it’s just before the break tbh as it’s a momentum killer.

we move on, we learned a few things today about how we can play our football - and most importantly how we can’t. I think most of us saw at team sheet release that this was an accident waiting to happen.

20. Mr Diggler

Almost a year unbeaten in the league. Today was an off day. However I do think some where losing the run of themselves with this team. Talk of them better than the Invincibles or MON's team was fanciful to say the least. We play one way and with the quality we have that usually works. Today it didn't. But I wouldn't panic- we are more than good enough to go on a long unbeaten run again.