1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SPFL St Mirren v Celtic Sunday 18th September Sky sports football kick off 12PM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 14, 2022.

Discuss St Mirren v Celtic Sunday 18th September Sky sports football kick off 12PM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lewis Kerr

Imo he's bending over backwards to keep the squad happy.

* that I'd say. It backfired massively today and there was no reason for it. The players can't have been tired so it's definitely a case of appeasing others' for their lack of playing time.

Its the same with the 4/5 subs every game. Giving others a run out for the sake of it when we're better off with continuity.

2. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    It’s definitely a reality check on how good our first 11 is, got away with it in cup v Ross county but you’d think guys getting their chance today like, Welsh, ralston, turnbull and mooy would want to grab it with both hands everyone of them were fukin rotten although the whole team was, we’ve been on fire start of the season but always been ahead- today when we lost the first goal was time for the team to show a bit of fight and grind out a win from a losing position and we failed miserably, can’t win them all I agree but it was the manner of the defeat, just like the last game we lost 11 hammer thrower s bullying us wanting it more and we shat it, onwards and upwards still top of the league and definitely let’s ange know who he can rely in, getting fukin sick of Turnbull, people stick up for him but he’s been fukin anonymous anytime he’s been given a chance

3. CountyDownFaithful

Not going to overreact because we’ve had it so good for so long and it’s pretty evident why we were so poor today - team selection.

Difficult to understand that level of rotation when we had a free weekend last weekend and today was the last game before an international break. Ange will learn from this.

Hate getting beat but I reckon this team will only get better from experiences like today.

4. BigDoggyWoofWoof

He should appease the squad by giving them game time. But not all in the same game. No reason Ralston, for example, couldn't have started another game before now. Seems like poor planning more than anything.

5. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    What Hurts most is if lizard doesn't die they go to Aberdeen in shocking form lose more points we saunter away they scrape thru yesterday and we lose today they'll get a massive boost from that today

Sent from my CPH2375 using Tapatalk

DonnyCelt likes this.
  6. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Best thing about the game was the minutes applause chant.

oh bhoy, scuzzy, StPauli1916 and 5 others like this.
  7. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    The squad does need rotated but it's about making the right changes.

All very well saying we don't play until 1st of October but some of those players are gonna go away and play 3 games in the next 10 days that's still gonna have an impact on us.

Unless he was carrying a knock leaving Jota out was bizarre tho as he is 1 of those who won't be away and would get a rest.

Number of changes wasn't the issue it's the ones he made that were the problem

8. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Dreadful game. No need for so many changes

9. dortmunder

Spot on. Keeping your form players on the bench to bring on when needed rarely works. Get your goals first then rest them/give the others a run. And wear the hoops, that way you know you're Celtic.

Slater67 likes this.
  10. Paradise88

Ange was just trying to keep the dressing room happy with those starters.

11. Foley1888

This is similar to my thinking, they were licking there wounds and struggling now they are only 2 points back because we totally failed to turn up today. I had hoped performances like that were in the past for us but apparently not. Goes to show having a lot of midfielders to choose from doesn’t matter if some aren’t up to replacing the first team players.

I don’t like Maeda on one wing and Abada on the other neither is particularly creative.

It’s not been a great week due to missed chances on Wednesday and a total * show today.

12. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Definitely getting my vote in the MOTM thread.

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Hate going intae the International break aff the back of a bad result.

14. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    I'm usually pessimistic but I'm not particularly worried about the huns tbh, I don't think they have the squad depth ( among many other issues) to challenge us over the course of a season.
    They'll drop many more points than us.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  15. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

Hard to single anyone out when everyone was just so poor.

Can’t remember the last time I couldn’t give pass marks to literally anyone.

16. DonnyCelt

From the Scottish Hun:

Celtic fans mock the death of the queen with horrific banner.

The banner read: IF YOU HATE THE ROYAL FAMILY CLAP YOUR HANDS

Erm.......

How the * is that mocking the death of lizzie?

Yet they've kept quiet about the chanting at the Hibs/Sheep game yesterday and minimal publicity for the Dundee United fans at Ibrokes yesterday.

But we hold up a banner that is infact LESS offensive than the other incidents yesterday, and is actually NOT offensive at all tbf, and yet it's "horrific"

:56::56::56::56::56::56:

NomDePlum likes this.
  17. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    We are still miles ahead of them and when all is said and done at the end of the season the way this week has panned out will work in our favour.

If they had dropped points at the sheep and fell further behind and then took that spanking midweek the midget would be gone by now.

As it stands they are now looking at it and thinking things maybe aren't so bad as they are only 2 points behind, meaning the midget is safe likely until the world Cup which will only benefit us bcoz we know he's a pish manager

18. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    They would have written the article 100% beforehand.

* em. Best bit of the game for me was that minutes applause. The puzzled look on some of the St Mirren players faces as they clapped along was the most damage we did to them today.

StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  19. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    @Keano88 has * it. Nothing going right today.

20. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Make changes mate but far to many, players no only no good enough but haven’t really played together, actually lowers the performance of the regular starters aswell, all ifs and buts but had we started our strongest 11 a genuinely think we would have won that game

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.