1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Aye starting both does leave us short up top when we need to make sub coz * bringing Maeda on to play as the striker for last half hour.

It's a difficult 1 in terms of who you pick. Both great strikers and good argument to start either of them.

Hopefully Haksabanovic gets some more game time before leipzig. Like look of him

Daver likes this.
  2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He’s been well off form since lundstram elbow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taylor1 likes this.
  3. BigDoggyWoofWoof

Compared with last year, Kyogo's not demonstrated quite the same vision in his ability to find space and get on the end of balls. I've liked what he's done in the league in terms of hanging around offside to win himself that space but in games like tonight he just gets marked out of it. He was pretty anonymous whereas Giak is a constant pain in the *.

Taylor1 likes this.
  4. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He's not doing it. GG to start for me.

5. LloydsGamble

He's still the best finisher we have and he'll have a lot more space to exploit in the Leipzig games. Starts for me.

6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Said it before and I will say it again, big Jackie needs to start in the champions league games and Kyogo in the league at the minute.

We need to use a different tactic up top against some of these European sides.

Bring Kyogo on after 60/65 minutes when they slowing down to hit them on the counter.

Big Jackie cause a world of problems when he came on last night compared to Kyogo starting.

7. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Some of the disrespect the wee man is getting because he's not a big physical presence upfront is unreal.

5 goals and 2 assists from 9 games in Europe last season tells it's own story.

honda likes this.
  8. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Half the player now then he was last year. Had a real poor start to the year,. Dont think GG has been any better either, both have been poor

9. stew37

Hopefully a wake up call, can't just turn up and make so many changes and hope for the best. Hatate and O Riley should be starting in the middle every day for me. I like Turnbull but we look more dangerous with them two in the middle. Can't really single anyone out as it was very disjointed across the board.

Top of the league which is great, and not going to win every game, but need to wise up!

Morcombe likes this.
  10. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye 6 in 7 league games is a horrific strike rate. He was pish poor today but let's not get carried away

Twisty and stew37 like this.
  11. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Needs a spell on the bench.

12. Lewis Kerr

Isn't suited to these games at all. Love the guy but he offers zero up top by himself when it's a battle. Looks tame, timid and weak but he's Ange's blind-spot.

13. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    3 of them were in 1 game and a few other tap ins any st would of scored. He isnt doing enough, isnt making runs, doesnt press like he use to. I love guy and confident he will get back to his best, but he has been *.

14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He’s not up for battle of a game, especially with those * of officials. GG needs to be starting majority games.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Was anonymous today. Dreadful.

The Phoenix likes this.
  16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Was absolutely shocking the day, done nothing. Big Jackie needs to be starting for me.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Hiding today i thought a few time's..

There was one ball he was massively favourite for he got a touch on it and was infront of Gallagher a fair way and then didn't even attempt at holding it off and was brushed off so easy..

Overall Jackie's been miles infront of him for a while bar maybe his performance against a * Dundee United..

His link up play was even worse today..

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  18. WelshBhoy95

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Japan vs Ecuador being shown on the Japan FA youtube channel today, kick off at 12:55pm Kyogo expected to start!

Callum McGregor likes this.
  19. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That'll be another injury incoming no doubt

20. Foley1888

Where Kyogo maybe hasn’t been as dazzling at the start of this season as last he has still made a telling contribution.

He’s opened the scoring against, Ross County, Kilmarnock, Hearts and Dundee Utd all of which had the potential to be tricky ties (maybe except DUTD but they had a couple of chances early on).

He looked like he was getting right back to his best in the DUTD and game then got injured early against them.

The thing is Kyogo depends on service from those around him and if they are not finding him he isn’t going to beat multiple players and score. He was unlucky against Shakhtar as that was an excellent save from their keeper in the first minute. Also against Real with his attempt with his knee.

St Mirren was a total disaster for all players but Kyogo, Maeda and Abada as a front 3 are all too similar to play together. You need GG to lead the line with those two or more ideally Jota on one of the wings.

I think he will be key against Leipzig as that is a game where our forward players will get more space given how they play.