1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Good result

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by James Mc, Sep 14, 2022.

Discuss Good result in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Overall a disappointing result esp after that last 10 minute spell. If we had any chance of 2nd we had to win that. On another day those chances hit the back of the net.
    3rd is there for the taking at the very least. 2 home games so we need to be more clinical for 6 pts.

2. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mate it's a mentality thing. There is no reason why we should be * our breeks trying to convert chances against any side, when we have the skill and energy to create them in the first place. Shaktar were superb for about 20 mins and had us on the ropes, but we regrouped and were the better side overall.

If you are the better side and have an unlucky night in front of goal, fair do's * happens. But it's an ongoing issue that needs addressed. No question we should have won that game tonight, that to me is a * result.

I also get the idea of trying not to go overboard and letting the dust settle btw. I'm usually one of the ones making that very point. But I just cannot sit here and be happy with that tonight, we * robbed ourselves man.

3. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No context whatsoever.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Absolutely the bigger context, picking up points away from home in the Champions League is a good result. Should we have got a better one? Absolutely. Doesn’t detract from that fact though.

apevrak and James Mc like this.
  5. James Gold Member Gold Member

I understand but that still has no bearing on how the game panned out tonight

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It doesn’t but it’s still a good result in the bigger picture of things. We should have won, we need to learn our lessons from tonight and take our chances when we get them, there’s a lot of things to take out of it but viewing it as a terrible result is * nonsense.

James Mc likes this.
  7. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We'll regret not winning this game

8. dmccourt95

No for me, 3 points were needed tonight and should’ve been won, fully expect that mob to lose the last 4 games easily

9. James Gold Member Gold Member

It's defo not a bad result but it could have and should have been a lot better

10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Nope and if Leipzig get a result we could be * after failing to win.

Leipzig are going to be hard to beat, the usual sack the squib manager and see the bounce.

11. horseshoe

You can always say on paper a point away in the CL is a good result, but watching the game we should have put them away.

12. murphy88

Amazed at people giving up on second after tonight to be honest. Had Leipzig beaten Shakhtar first game then perhaps I could understand it, but we are right in the mix I think. Hopefully Madrid beat Leipzig and then it really would be all to play for in terms of second place.

Keano88, James Mc and Liam Scales like this.
  13. Danny 4692

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Judging on everybody's comments I think Kyogo and Giakoumakis are rank rotten and not CL level. Postecoglu needs sacked. At least that's that's the vibe I'm getting from fans on here

James Mc likes this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That’s the nail on the head for me. I feel like we’re making progress at this level though. For a very young team, and guys not played in Europe at all never mind the CL for some of them… doing well, we just need to make sure we kick on again.

15. Foley1888

That was never a good result we should have took at least 4 of them and again lose an incredibly cheap goal. Giakoumakis and Maeda’s misses are inexcusable at that level for me.

16. murphy88

Maeda’s chance is not an easy one. He is at full stretch. Giakoumakis one was the big one though.

17. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mate that is again a mentality thing. It's as if you're content just being there and any points we get are a bonus.

If we play within ourselves, don't create a lot of chances but stay solid at the back...a draw is a good result in that context.

If we play pish and somehow fluke a point, that's a * great result.

But that tonight was a terrible result. It's just a pure inferiority complex to think otherwise am afraid.

BigDoggyWoofWoof and Ryanm1984 like this.
  18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Nah, really not. A point away from home in the Champions League is a good result, thinking it’s a terrible result is just weird.

It’s far from it. We definitely should have done better, we definitely have stuff to learn at this level, we definitely need to get a * grip infront of goal. That doesn’t detract from the point that winning points away from home in the CL is a good result.

19. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Worlds apart Tony bhoy.

20. Patrick Bateman

Most teams that try to dominate the ball and push the opposition back into their own half, are going to face the same issues. Even look at the likes of Man City etc... they create (and miss) so many chances in most games. Which is why they often get done in the CL by well organised teams playing on the counter.

It's far easier to score on the counter attack, as there is usually less bodies in the way and you're not in a crowded penalty box with lots of pressure on you. Their goal tonight is a perfect example of this - basically a one V one on the keeper with very little pressure near him as he was shooting.

I don't think this Shakhtar team cares about trying to play much or look good on the ball. They'll just sit back and hit teams on the break. Classic counter attack game tonight. 2 shots on target and one goal. They may not look very good, but it certainly is effective.