1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic in Europe in 22-23 Season

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bhoyyo, Apr 13, 2022.

Discuss Celtic in Europe in 22-23 Season in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Huns European run was a weird one man. I mean, Dortmund battered them in Germany and were just so * defensively when Rangers were on the counter.

Then they get some luck with their draw. Getting Red Star Belgrade and Braga. Leipzig were decent in Germany and again, missed loads of chances. Things just seemed to fall for them during that run between the opposition being */having players out and getting the easiest teams they could at certain points.

That run probably * them out of the title though, let's be honest. I'd rather get to the last 16 of the CL and play someone like a Chelsea or a Liverpool or something. Have a pop at them, potentially get put out but guess what? Back to winning ways in the league and the focus shifts to that and we guarantee ourselves another significant jackpot for next season.

That's not me saying that I wouldn't take a run in the Europa League. I absolutely would and I would be happy to get 3rd in that group and kick on from there. However, I would like to dine with the big boys for the first time in a few years in the Knockout Phase of the Champions League.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Don't get me wrong. I'd * my self with absoloute excitement for the last 16. If we drew juventus like the last time? We would beat that team now, no questions asked. I just couldn't ever imagine the last 8. Jesus. However I'm mentally scared by psg and Rodgers * so have the utter fear depending who we get. I get both points. However by January the league will be won imo so having a run keeps interest at an all time high.

3. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Last 16 in CL is just asking for heartache. Give me Europa League run every day

4. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Marco Rose appointed Leipzig manager. Those games probably just got a lot harder.

Twisty likes this.
  5. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    We are absolutely good enough, and should beat both Shaktar and RB at home, and im highly confident in taking points against them away from home.

And that's not being optimistic. We are honestly a quality side.

6. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    If Haaland had played any of they 2 games against the Huns they would have been knocked out sometimes you need that bit of luck tho hopefully we get a bit rub of the green this season in Europe

7. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    We WILL Get out this Group. we WILL!!

8. Keano88

You forgot to add spoiler tags!

9. Keano88

Beat Shakhtar next week - confident of 2nd.
    Draw with Shakhtar - confident of 3rd.
    Lose to Shakhtar - confident of 4th.

ILoveTheCeltic likes this.
  10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Is their extra bonus point coefficient wise for last 16 if so that cancels out the coefficient reason for dropping out and going further in Europa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. donnegal celt

If worst case happen and both huns and us finished 4 in groups and only get few points. Would winner off spl lose automatic champion league spot this season

12. DonnyCelt

As far as I'm aware, automatic qualification is guaranteed for the next couple of years at least.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  13. donnegal celt

Ah happys days. Thought other teams could pass us out if we don’t do well in champion league

14. DonnyCelt

Of course that is still a possibility but I believe there would have to be a massive swing in results regarding certain teams and all.

15. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Agreed. People always talk about this mythical Europa League run to the final but the fact of the matter is, our knockout record in the CL is just as good as that of the EL.

Infact when you think of it, we usually take an absolute pumping in the last 32 of the Europa League regardless of the opposition. Compare that to the likes of our games against Barca and AC Milan in the last 16 back under Strachan where it was really close.

Even our last 16 performance against Juve in 2013 was probably less embarrassing for me than Bodo, Copenhagen, Zenit and Valencia running over the top of us.

Stay in the CL, it’s where you want to be. Anyway making an EL final doesn’t really have the same Wow factor particularly when you see teams like Huns, Frankfurt, Leipzig and West Ham as the semi-finalists last year. Pure and utter cannon fodder.

Slaw likes this.
  16. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Guaranteed next season, the following season could be tough if none of us pick up points. The teams around us from Belgium, Austria etc will pick up points in EL and ECL and that's the problem with two teams in the Champions league. Thing is I'm not sure where Scotland has to be ranked for 24/25 as that has 36 teams in it.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  17. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

I fly out to Warsaw on Tuesday for the game. Forked out a fortune on flights just over £300, accommodation has cost another £130 as we’re there till Friday afternoon. If the rumours are correct on social media and this game gets postponed i’ll be beyond fuming.

18. Hadouken

nah they couldn't postpone a European game could they? Surely not?!

19. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Rumours circulating on twitter mate, taking it with a pinch of salt for now, but still a * worry as the 4 of us have been buzzing for it since we booked up. Wouldn’t put it past Uefa tbh.

20. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    The club will supposedly have a option to go ahead with the match.. they better * do it and take into account how much supporters have forked out for flights etc.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.