1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I really can't see him moving mid season for several reasons. He still has a lot of work to do here and I don't think he will move until he feels he's taken us as far as finances allow, that's still a way off. Also he knows himself his methods take time te bear fruit, look at our start when he came in. With the amount of money riding on EPL survival I'm not sure he'd be afforded the time required for him to show what he can do by any club down there, except maybe Norwich who are happy bouncing up and down. So if he were to move down there I'd expect him to be wanting a full pre season to get things started.

2. Mr Cleansheets

Was amused to read the headlines from GVB claiming sevco couldn't compete because of the massive wage difference between them and Ajax (doubt it's all that much, actually).

Compare that with Ange who was fuming like * because his team only stayed level for 60 odd minutes against the best team in the world where any one player cost twice as much as our entire squad.

There's more than one reason the huns are *.

Jeannie960, Taz, VT8 and 3 others like this.
  3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

For once our board and manager seem to be both following the same long term project. So he isn’t leaving. Mind you, the board need to give him a contract soon. I think it’ll come at the end of this season if it’s successful.

4. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    As you know Ange will stick for 3 years

5. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Cannot believe the amount of discussion this is getting :56:

Zero chance he even considers jumping till end of next season at the earliest.

Taz and The big Viduka like this.
  6. StevieBhoooy!

See the neck of these pissy lower end epl clubs that think they can just steam into any other league and take whoever they please…

Brighton ffs… it’s nothing even with its sky money… a * support and it’s * stadium that we could fill twice over and nothing to look forward to except regular pumping and the odd cup run…. Oh! and the regular sky money.

fkknn dross * * outfits

7. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Agree. It's actually a insult to one of hottest managers around linking him with * Brighton :56:

I am 100% sure that he bursted out laughing when he read it in the paper.

8. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    He's only really just started to get the squad into the way he wants it, same with the backroom team. Unlike your Sam Allardyce type manager, Ange is genuinely passionate about football management for football management's sake. It doesn't feel like a means to an end for Ange - football management is his life. With that in mind I just don't see him leaving this exciting, nascent project - leaving behind the staff he's just brought in and uprooting his family again, for what? A relentless and desperate season-long battle for survival with Brighton?

If there's any Celtic manager who would know what he's got here, it's Ange

Skelleto likes this.
  9. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Brighton approached Celtic, Celtic told them where to go.

Nicholson had a call with Ange this morning as a courtesy, Ange fully backed Celtic telling Brighton where to go.

The end (unless you’re the media up here who will try and use this to unsettle Celtic in any way possible).

NomDePlum, MJ9, JML67 and 13 others like this.
  10. Martybhoy53

Can't see Ange leaving. Brighton? FFS. He would earn more money but a managers legacy is based on trophies won. He would struggle to win any at Brighton. Ange has only just started here. Why would he take a job at Brighton?

11. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Seriously, the original source for all of this speculation rumour is the f*cking Sun. And yet people talking about it and giving this obvious BS oxygen is giving it credibility for it to be taken seriously. It's the football equivilent of gaslighting. FFS.

cidermaster likes this.
  12. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Ange backs himself that much you can see him turning his nose up at Brighton. He's going to a top 6 side - after he's won the CL for us if course

honda likes this.
  13. celtic warrior

To be honest....actually now seeing the man at work.

If there was ever a perfect replacement to carry on building on a system that Brighton have been building under Potter....it is 100000000% Ange Postecoglou.

Take away the name, their club is incredibly well run unit and the with a guy in place who carries himself like Ange does...sure he won't win trophies with Brighton, but without a doubt in my mind he'd take the EPL by storm.

But Brighton and any other club...Liverpool, Real Madrid and the likes can do one...Ange has got a Quadruple to win with us.

14. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    A lot of *, Hes going nowhere for a couple years!

15. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    I think the city group have on eye on him as manager of Man City in q few years.

Maybe I'm just telling myself that

16. EKCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Highly doubt it will happen but, what a statement it would be if we just announced Ange on a new long-term deal now. From the board, from him, and to the fans. A real statement of intent and loyalty.

Won't happen though.

Mr Cleansheets and Dylan1996 like this.
  17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That's good enough for me.

18. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Ange isn't going anywhere rite now....... Once that fat * lawwell returns as chairman and starts sticking his beak in again then all bets are off tho

G40B likes this.
  19. Mr Cleansheets

Plenty of others have said that before. Would be at least two and a half years away though, which is OK as long as Ange has groomed a successor.

20. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    I was struck last night by Gio's comments about not being able to compete, and just how different that was from Ange being absolutely gutted after the match that we hadn't taken our opportunities, and then speaking about feeling determined to make an impact in the Champions League.

Now Howe has spoken about his failed Celtic move, and again, you see the clear difference in mindset to Ange:

“Celtic was the one job I’d been offered that really appealed. The issue there was my staff. I felt that if I was to come into a pressured job like that, I needed to go in with a sense of stability,” Howe told Shearer on The Athletic.

“I could have recruited new staff, but then you’re working each other out and there’s a transition process where it probably takes three, four, five months. That’s five months too late. I needed my staff. We couldn’t get them together.”

I get wanting your own staff and that being important, but it again just highlights the incredible job Ange and the team did to win the league last season after he wandered in on his own.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    Rogicisgod, JML67, Jeannie960 and 4 others like this.