1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Reo Hatate

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Reo Hatate in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Was class last night, really impressed me this season infact

3. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Stepped up another level this season.

rudebhoy67 likes this.
  4. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Worry us that a lot of clubs will have took notice of him last night. Looked right at home against a world class midfield.

MAP likes this.
  5. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Was really impressed with how calm he was on the ball

6. Foley1888

Had a very good game last night. He had the composure and ability to take the ball under pressure and use it well. He is coming on all the time as well in his all round play.

7. CountyDownFaithful

‘We’ve never seen a player like you before’

Brilliant performance last night. His passing was unreal and his sprints off the ball to get into attacking and defensive positions were excellent.

Big player for us.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

No fear in this young man whatsoever.

Incredible vision and determination.

Wouldn't look out of place in a team like Real.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

THERE was a moment of class and technical brilliance during Tuesday night’s Champions League tussle between Celtic and Real Madrid that epitomised the mind-boggling standard that was on display. But it didn’t come from the magical feet of Luka Modric, or the twinkle toes of Vinicius Jnr.

Instead, it was Reo Hatate who had the Celtic Park crowd gaping in awe as he received a throw-in from Josip Juranovic, took the ball first-time on the volley without looking and raked an incredible cross-field pass right to the feet of Jota on the opposite flank

It was an exhilarating snapshot of just what Hatate is capable of, the highlight of a first-half display that had him going toe-to-toe with the likes of Modric and Toni Kroos, and not looking one inch out of place.

The nous and downright genius of the Real Madrid superstars finally told in the end, but Hatate took more than lifelong memories from the night he went up against such generational talents. He also took with him lessons from the contest, and he is convinced he will be a better player for the experience.

“I cannot express with my words what that experience was like,” Hatate said.

“I tried a lot of things, and showed a little of what I can do, and I learned a lot of things from playing against players like that.

“I have to take as much out of this experience as I can and use that to improve as a player.

“I enjoyed it a lot. I felt excitement of course and I felt nervous, there were a lot of feelings at the start of the game.

“But I enjoyed the match a lot, and I feel like I am improving as a player.”

As well as being able to leave his own mark on the game, Hatate was buoyed by the fact that Celtic were able to impose themselves on such strong opposition for lengthy spells. The challenge now is to sustain those levels.

“We did manage to play our football, we wanted to play our own style, but in the end we couldn’t do that for the whole 90 minutes,” he said. “This is what we now need to work on.

We have to accept the result and analyse what we can do to improve. But we have a lot of games still to play in this group, and now we have to recover, refresh and prepare for the game on Saturday.”

After that game against Livingston will come the next Champions League challenge against Shakhtar Donetsk in Warsaw next Wednesday, and Hatate says that the performance against Real Madrid has strengthened his conviction that Celtic can mount a serious challenge to qualify from Group F.

He also believes that the backing the Celtic supporters gave their team even in defeat on Tuesday evening will make the squad all the more determined to repay them by reaching the knock-out stages.

“Well, it all depends on us,” he said.

“We just have to prove to everyone and show that we are a good team, and that we can do it.

“I really appreciate all of the supporters, because they received us very well on Tuesday night, and even after the game too.

“We didn’t manage to get the result we wanted to give them, but we will work harder than ever to give something back to our supporters.”

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Think he's my favourite player in the squad. Classy wee *.

11. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Whole team was excellent last night but think reo genuinely looked world class out there. Always available, always making runs, great control, calm and played some top notch passes

12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    On a Croatian news site, an article mentioning how Hatate was overawed and amazed to play against Modrić. Meh. I was personally impressed how persistent Hatate was against him in one occasion, when Modrić tried to beat him to get a cross in. Had to quit- Reo was steadfast.

13. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    He is a quality quality player.

a million quid?

hilarious.

The reality is that Ange holds value beyond words in many ways - but one of them is bringing in players that no * WAY we would have taken in without him.

Reo is going to go for big money, but hopefully in a couple of years once we have seen him flourish.

Liam Scales and Slaw like this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Nah mate, he’s too small and doesn’t have enough pro football experience to cut it at a higher level :fear:

Liam Scales and Daver like this.
  16. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Reo's staying at my house tonight, I've got him all snuggly in pokemon pyjamas and electric blanket and just making him some toast and tea.

17. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Was incredibly harsh his goal was given as an OG.

honda likes this.
  18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

How? It wasn’t on target

19. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I thought it was but just took a slight deflection.

20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Deflection was so slight I thought it was harsh aswel. It was his shot and him taking it caused it to go in. Wasn't a massive deflection from a cross etc so imo his goal.