1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 3, 2022.

Discuss Celtic v Real Madrid in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Deffo, and unreal talent.

2. Pearse67*

Anywhere to watch the game back in full?

3. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Imagine we go to Shakthar and get three points. And Madrid beat RB. All of a sudden second is way up for grabs.

saltire78 likes this.
  4. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    The huns beat RB last season. They're no great shakes.

World Champion likes this.
  5. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    I’ve rewatched the match without my beer goggles on and we were better than I thought to be honest. * me we took it to Real for 60 minutes. Yes the quick fire goals took some wind out of our sails but we didn’t give up. In fact we still attacked but * me, it was Real 2-0 up closing it out. So very proud of the team and as an Aussie watching from 1000’s of kilometres away, I was so proud of the support. The atmosphere was amazing and you guys never stopped. Just like the team. Respect. (Found myself saying that in the voice of Ali G)

6. EKCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Can't actually believe I am seeing someone hammer on and on that Modric was not anything but class last night. Clueless.

grampasimpsonwalkinginwalkingout.gif

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  7. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    We got to restectpa eachotha

OziBeerMan and Liam Scales like this.
  8. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Are you Ange in disguise?

9. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    you were up at 5am on a Wednesday morning drinking *?

RuOK?

OziBeerMan likes this.
  10. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    They're first goal is on another level. The quick crisp passing and beating the press, the flicks and Valverde(my man of the match) run and through ball to Vinicius. They're awareness and trust of each other is incredible.

11. EKCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I knew Courtois was good with the ball at his feet but last night was something else. The absolute trust they have in each other is phenomenal.

Jacob knows likes this.
  12. Mr. Slippyfist

Joe Hart was also very good at that last night.

13. CountyDownFaithful

I felt for a while Celtic Park had lost its fear factor on European nights. A lot of poor performances and results can do that.

But after last night, that thunderous atmosphere we are known for is back. Ange Postecoglou is the reason why.

I was in disbelief at HT to be honest. We dominated that first half against the reigning Champions of Europe. I know it’s easy to get carried away but genuinely we played them off the park for large periods, particularly the first 20 mins but the first 45 as a whole.

My only disappointment is that we didn’t get that first goal because we 1000% deserved it. You just knew after Maeda missed his golden chance at the beginning of the second half that we would get sucker punched.

You need to be clinical at that level to get results, we really should have scored at least 2 or 3 goals last night.

We can be massively proud of our performance and gives us genuine hope that we can take points from the other teams in the group.

KRS-1888 and Mr. Slippyfist like this.
  14. Mr. Slippyfist

First game in the CL for every one of our squad bar 3 players, and the manager's first foray into that competition.

Our players who played last night cost around £37m, compared to 14 times winners of that cup, Legendary manager Ancelotti (multiple European Cup winner), Former Balon d'Or winner Modric and a team of players last night that played costs over £500m in transfer fees (not including Alaba and Rudiger who came in on frees).

We did what we could last night - played with intensity and hunger. For 50mins we took Real Madrid to the test. Could have scored 3 or 4 goals, and they had to step up to truly world class levels to beat us, which unfortunately they did.

I was gutted last night leaving the stadium, like properly gutted. But when I woke up this morning, I realised that I was gutted because I thought we could have got something out of that game last night, but we have have plenty to learn at that level, but last night's performance should give us so much encouragement that we ARE a CL team and deserve to face up among the elite teams of the world.

Absolutely magnificent spectacle from start to finish, and the atmosphere was simply breathtaking - so much so that I couldn't even hear the CL anthem being played!

15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We did okay. Hard to get that never-give-up mentality that we have in Scotland to apply in Europe, where we've been underwhelming for years. A sports psychologist should be working with players to improve chance conversion on the big stage, and to help them stay in the fight even when things go south.

George Theodorou likes this.
  16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Was same last year at no1 they are not learning that reason why ange looked * last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Leipzig just sacked their manager group just got harder they will get new manager bounce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Modric is one the best midfielders ever but come on that is a pretty standard performance by his standards. No need to OTT because it was against us.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Still proud of that first 45/60..

We're undeniably going place's and improving massively..

Rydo1888* likes this.
  20. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Still feel weird about last nights game, on one hand gutted we lost when we could so easily have been leading at half time, then I think wait a minute we played Real Madrid the current holders ... and 3 nil flatters them. We keep that level of performance up and we will do well, just need to be that bit more composed/lucky in front of goal. If we can perform like that in the remaining games and especially in Madrid the home crowd will likely get on the RM players backs and that could help us get a very big result in Madrid. I really think 2nd spot could be possible although maybe it would be better to get 3rd and go into the Europa. Its going to be some season ahead.