1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 3, 2022.

Discuss Celtic v Real Madrid in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Kroos, Modric, Courtois and Alaba, after going to the Madrid fan area to thank them for their support, leave Celtic Park applauding the local fans. What a crazy atmosphere. pure football

2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Toni Kroos saying “we knew we needed to survive the opening 20-25 minutes” should have you all proud as * of that team last night the best team in Europe had to survive playing the fans and the team!

no way am i pinning the blame on anyone! Proud as * and we move on to the next game!

JML67, Rydo1888*, Dannybhoy81 and 5 others like this.
  3. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    The opening 30 mins are always gona be frantic with the atmosphere, noise, players first time in the CL.

That would of lent to the few rush of bloods in the final 3rd which is completely understandable.

We played our game, I'm nothing but proud, I was already optimistic about the 2 other teams but even more so now, we'll learn from last night about being more clinical.

4. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I thought the performance was excellent, my only criticism would be getting the subs on quicker.
    I know that's taking a chance but we were out on our feet 10 into the second half...

Ciaran_67 likes this.
  5. Paradise88

Tony kroos loving us in his interview and Instagram. Sometimes I think they are just being polite or something to say but I get the feeling he genuinely means it.

6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    The only problem i had with the performance was that we where way to nice in the midfield when they was on the counter. I would gladly see us take a couple of yellows taking them down when they ran at us from midfield.

7. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I know what you mean, but those can mount up quickly and leave us without key players going into crucial games. If we are going to have to do something like that I'd prefer it was in the games which will really define how we do in this group, ie against Leipzig and Shaktar.

Skelleto likes this.
  8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Whole team played well I thought, only ones who let us down a bit were our wide players. Jota used the ball well but he never really took on Carvajal, always just ran at him to push him back then stopped, never tried to beat him once. Abada also had most of our breakaways and even chances but he just weakly wasted the crosses that all got blocked and the shots were poor then Maeda missing that big chance. Haksabanovic actually in less time gave the best showing of the wide players.

Some effort from the players though, they worked us hard defensively the way they moved the ball. Our concentration levels and work rate in that first half were superb.

Should probably have took the lead and who knows what would have happened from there.

9. leeso-ardoyne

Amazing day with most the family and friends yesterday. Big * up getting into the ground and couldn't find my sister who had my youngest child. Sister didn't have a ticket but we arranged someone who was getting her in then heard from a friend who works at parkhead they where in but at a different part of the stadium although they got to us second half. Ended up giving someone the child's ticket for free just as we where rushing to get in. Few people trying to give me 100quid fir it but just gave it away for free. The fella was we'll chuffed. Missed the walk on thou at the start which was disappointing. First half, can't really say much that hasn't been already said. Was proud of my team last night. Them two chances go in it's a whole different game. It wasn't to be but proud of everyone from the team to the support.

As for the group, we play like we played in first half and take out chances, well definitely come second.

On another note. Whoever came up with the recipe venoms in Glasgow * you! Haha. They are great at the time but now I feel like my head is going to explode plus at a 10er a glass I'm afraid to put my hand in my wallet to see how much I'm down. 110 quid a round it was and we we're firing them in all day :( but overall, another great day with great people across the pond. The hospitalty of the people of Glasgow is second to none. Hail Hail

OziBeerMan and seanm like this.
  10. scootz

Really pleased with that showing last night. We played our style of football against one of the best teams on the planet and we gave them plenty to worry about. Yes, we tired and lost a bit of focus as the match went on, but that was to be expected here. That first half was as good as I've seen Celtic play in many a year. 0-3 flattered RM, but they emerged as very worthy winners - they are a class act.

I just hope the players can see the positives and don't let their heads drop any from the defeat - they shouldn't... they were magnificent!

Speaking of magnificent, MASSIVE respect to those who made it to the game. I think the post match cheering would have helped the players realise what they had done for us.

A great night (despite the scoreline).

Hail Hail!

leeso-ardoyne and seanm like this.
  11. seanm

What we learned last night.

1.YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOUR CHANCES
    2.SEE 1. HH

12. seanm

Maedas fast but his first touch and finishing need sharpening.do that and we have a goal machine HH

13. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Games like this are a learning experience to improve your own game.

14. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    I was happy when we drew them in the first game, however with hindsight it might have been to have got them later when the latest signings had settled in a bit.

However I was happy with what we did last night. I think the next two games will give usva better idea of where we are in terms of Europe.

15. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Try playing away to Besiktas or Trabzanspor - the fans are out to seriously intimidate you before, during and after the match.

16. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    I'm a bit worried aboot that Shaktar result last night, will be tougher than I first thought to qualify.

17. celtic warrior

Such a strange result that was especially away from home against who'd we all consider the favorites for 2nd.

I'm just living off blind faith that it would appear a freak result and Shved getting 2 goals wouldn't happen again...but...we know how Celtic like to play :fear:

18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    We went head to head with the European Champions last night and outplayed them for 45 mins and should have probably been 2- 0 up in that period. We visibly tired in the 2nd half and RM took advantage of that and, unlike us, were clinical in their finishing. If we can manage to play like the way we did in that first half against the other two teams in the league and maintain the energy level then we can achieve 2nd which we all believed was the more achievable. I was so proud of my team last night and so proud of our fans who once again were magnificent.

19. Dip 'n' Swerve

More positives than negatives - great learning curve.
    with more lady luck we could have went 1-0, would have been interesting to see what happened if that happened...

JJ and Mc Gregor did great.
    I though Jota was a bit lacklustre - well marked.
    Gia was a bit laboured and didnt do much outside the box, we all know he is a better poacher - he didnt get any good crosses to attack
    our short corners, i hoped a few could have been pinged in with pace
    abada and maeda didnt really perform.
    corners and free kicks we never really capitised

i think some players seemed punch drunk from the weekend

I like the directness of haksabanovic, as the season gets going we will see more of him.

If we did go up 1-0, does ange have it in him to play compact, tactical foul, take yellows etc, we seemed soft and I would have liked to get in their faces - perhaps when the danish guy comes in he can add this change so in next 4 european games it will be interesting - did the other group game result do us any favours?

first half was very enjoyable and where the team has progressed the whole team are behind and willing.

If we finish 3rd in the group and get europa football after christmas I will be delighted.

Lets hope we put on a show over in poland up against shved and co!

20. Dip 'n' Swerve

wrong place wrong time.
    i think haksabanovic on left and jota on right is a strong combo, and they can alternate

that first half deserved a goal - 9/10 that mc gregor shot is in of the post, they looked stronger without benzema out, i think valverde was used a lot down their right, we never really stopped that aspect and it was how we got hurt down their right all game