1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 3, 2022.

Discuss Celtic v Real Madrid in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good

The Rangers game also played a part in them running out of puff. Two big games back to back.

2. G40B

I’ve clarified (despite clearly stating it in the original post) four times that I’m talking about his performance last night, not his career.

Btw, most people can see that Modric is a top player. Endlessly droning on about it and refusing to acknowledge poorer performances doesn’t make you special :50:

seanm likes this.
  3. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Ruthless - that's what we need to become with our finishing.

4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It not just the champions league if you don’t take your chances get found out it’s europe full stop we got punished for it last season in Europa league and even got punished for it in the conference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    100% and that’s the difference between world class players and some of ours.

They took their chances and punished us.

if we took ours it could have been 3-3 but unfortunately it just wasn’t our night.

We gave everything, chased everything and that’s why we tiered.

They Bhoys gave everything and that’s fine by me.

Noskeil likes this.
  6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Thought we were absolutely excellent first half. Hatate, McGregor, Jenz and CCV were top drawer. Everyone else was good aswell.

Didn’t take our chances though and conceded 1 after the other which is always the case with us and that 2nd killed any hope.

All in all I’m pretty chuffed with that. Any of the other 2 at home and we win that. Atmosphere incredible.

charlietully likes this.
  7. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Mate, Modric was a joke. The * is absolutely incredible, one of the best midfielders ever, no question.
    None of our players could get near him and it wasn't for the lack of trying, and whenever someone did get close to him, he just switched the play effortlessly to a player in space.

We had 3 and 4 players surround him at one point and he just cut through the press with ease. Very very few players can do what he was doing last night.

Twisty and Liam Scales like this.
  8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Have to say when I seen Zagreb beat chelsea my heart sank a wee bit when that happens the odds of of us getting a result became higher as you do t usually get two shock results in one night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. bhoy81

Im addressing part in bold.

not a * chance in * that would have happened, big Jackie gave it everything, he bullied their defence, pulled them out of position and his hold up play was outstanding, Kyogo doesn’t have that, he has different attributes.

elbhoydo, TonyTim and Moore like this.
  10. bhoy81

Modric made them tick, he was everywhere last night, watch the game again regarding his passing and movement.

At one point he took out 4 Celtic players with a pass, moved and got the ball back.

He had a fantastic game last night.

11. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    PROUD AS * this morning!

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    And he scored a quality goal that pretty much sealed their win.

13. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    3-0 was flattering for them.

We just don't have the experience at this level yet, have to take every chance that came to us 3 chances we would have scored in SPL, occasion may have got to one or two of them.

14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

For nearly 60mins we went for it and had the better chances, should of at least been 1 up. Seeing us high press and force them into mistakes then playing our quick incisive football was amazing to watch.

I think the 2 quick fire goals knocked the stuffing out us but we didn’t look that leggy, I would say it was more mental fatigue as we lost the sharpness in our game the further it went on.

We more than held our own and makes me believe there’s no reason we can’t get knockout football this season in Europe. What a * atmosphere as well.

George Theodorou and EKCelt like this.
  15. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Was absolutely gutted last night, felt so deflated and my emotions were all over the place, external factors probably played a wee part in that but jeez...what a night.

I'm so so proud of each and every one of those players, they gave their all, we didn't change how we play and at times I thought we were going to go in front, we took the game to Real and I might be looking though green coloured specks but I thought that we out played them the first half, we didn't stop, we pressed and pressed and had a few chances, Calmac was so unfortunate not to score, that would have been a belter....had we taken out chances we maybe just might have got something from the game....who'd have thought that 18 months ago?!

The fans, what can I say, the support were right behind the team from start to finish, the noise was incredible in the stadium, I hope it sounded as good to those watching at home.

Ange.... you're a gem, I never expected such a turn around in our team in just over a year, you sir deserve a lot of plaudits.

Jeez, it's dusty in here...:confused:

Twisty, NomDePlum and Callum McGregor like this.
  16. EKCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    We went toe to toe with the champions of Europe and the world for 45/50mins and we did not look out of sorts. If anything, could have taken 2 goal lead in at half time against them.

3-0 flatters them but they were absolutely dynamite from that first goal till the last kick, that third goal was just unreal, can't say anything other than that about it.

Will never, ever, be happy with Celtic being beaten, off of anyone, but we were not disgraced and I went home still in decent spirits. It was the ultimate test for us, but one we can be proud of our efforts in.

17. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Bang on the money :50:

We should be * proud of that fantastic performance. Unlucky not to lose 2-3 or something like that. The scoreline flattered them.

Tonight the huns will get pumped by a FAR inferior side.

EKCelt likes this.
  18. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

No, this is a Celtic forum. TalkCeltic.net it’s called, you’ll see it at the top of your browser.

You’ve demonstrated that you don’t know your * from your elbow when it comes to fitba if you don’t think he had a great game last night, really don’t need to be a philosopher or whatever * you’re talking now to work that out.

19. G40B

So why were you babbling on about the entirety of his career in earlier replies?

20. celtic warrior

The only criticism we could have is that perhaps the adrenaline rush for some players got the best of them so that after that HT break their bodies where on such a come down. But that is only natural and bound to happen...loads of our guys will have only dreamt of games like last night and never experienced such things before.

So long as Ange remains and we can get regular exposure in CL against title holders and perform like that...the better we will become.

In the end...Ancelotti and his Madrid team are on another planet, their ability to get their opposition to blow out their arses is second to none.

They done the exact same thing to Liverpool in the final and whether we admit it or not, that team is full of players grater than ours and Madrid made them look redundant without so much as breaking to hard of a sweat when they beat them in the final.