1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 3, 2022.

Discuss Celtic v Real Madrid in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. chiefo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik and McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Looks like and plays like a * robot the *, wish we had him.

2. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

The only difference in that game is us taking a half chance, or the hit from McGregor hitting the inside of the post and going in.

Fine margins.

I seen more than enough in that first half to be encouraged. That first half vindicated how the manager wants to play.

Play like that for the remaining five group games and we’ll do alright.

3. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Not surprising that fans take solace in our reputation as a support.. given the less than ideal home results we've been on the end of over the last 8-10 years..

Frustrating as it is.

4. oh bhoy

that ball from jota to play abada in was something else,deserved to be buried

Artorias likes this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Back In 2003 only 4 teams in each of the big five leagues had more transfer kitty to spend so we had on paper better players then than the rest of Europe outside big five leagues and would be in pot 2 of cl now tv has pumped up the big teams and even teams that have a smaller fan base than Celtic meaning we fall further down the line for quality players harder to compete now than it was in 2003 to 2012 and unless we get better domestic tv revenue always will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    My fear was how we’d do playing out from the back tonight. Have to say I thought big Jenz was first class at that, got to remember we are playing the best of the best first up which is such a jump from the opposition this team have been playing. I think we’ll grow into this competition big time

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  7. Keano88

So unlucky in the first half with McGregor’* and then again with Maeda’s chance second half. One of them goes in the atmosphere goes up a level and the players get an extra burst of energy and put pressure on for another. Feel like with any other side in Europe they score at least one of those chances, just nae luck whatsoever.

First goal CCV needs to close that down a lot more. 2nd goal big Jenz has to take the man out on half way.

That’s a very good Madrid side though tbh, they played some cracking stuff 2nd half and will romp the group.

8. chiefo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik and McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Tough to watch it in the end but always proud of the Bhoys Thank you all. * mind tingling as always. Give yourselves a massive pat on the back.. The Celts are back, this isn't over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Proud to be a Tim after that performance.

Fine margins about us taking our chances or it would have been a much different game.

They did and it’s because we tiered after all that energy used to go at them.

* proud of the team the night.

Rydo1888* and Noskeil like this.
  10. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    We * pumped them in first half
    They were that worried they took their centre hall militao off
    Second half shows the difference between 3-6 million pound players and 30-60 million pound players

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  11. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Missed chances is the story of the night. But overall some very encouraging signs. Plenty of work for Ange to do in the meantime. The Shakhtar game is now crucial. We have to take something from it.

12. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    On a brighter note that’s us played the 2 most successful sides in football and won 4-3 on aggregate

13. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I think the fine margins was 1. we didn't take the chances, 2. fitness.

1. ECL you get punished if you don't take them, it's a learning curve I'm sure we will learn from.

2. They were just fitter, don't get me wrong the Madrid players knew they were in a game and be *. But seeing how * O'Reily was when he come off he was pure white (what a shift he put in btw). That's the difference about playing Barca, Athletico etc compared to St Johnstone levels. Lol

14. Samsquanch

As great as it is to hear opposing players praising the atmosphere, and it is great to get that praise. Does no harm to the wonderful reputation of our supports, and only solidifies it even more. However, it does feel like a, yeah nice to play in this incredible arena while we stick a couple of goals past ye, thanks lads, enjoyed it. :lol:

Would rather they found it more intimidating, to the point where it can have a marginal effect on their performance.

craigtheceltic and Ciaran_67 like this.
  15. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

No you again, thought the mods had got rid of you after your pish before. Do not let this * fool you troops, he is one of them, even if this post doesn’t seem like it, his mask slips every now and again.

16. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    What are you talking about ......... please.

*that mask is called autism, you absolute ignoramus. I told you all when I first joined in a conversation that got heated. I didn't say directly as I didn't feel I had to explain myself for being me. I was diagnosed 4 years ago at the age of 38, so through a few years of psychology I'm learning to calm my emtions, I know I've * loads of folk on here, like I explained in that conversation, I see the world different, I enjoy it, if I have a disagreement it's forgotten about after a sleep, I like or comment on the content of the post not the user that's posted it. I rarely hold a grudge as its not my nature, if I'm backed into a corner I lash out. Granted some people get in to the water gracefully, some make a splash. I definitely fell into the later, but when you join a forum that's years old how do you post? Never and be called a lurker? Post and be accused of being a hun? Get way out of hand and start writing rage posts? Because it's not just me it happened too nor the last, should everyone joining post a photo of them with a celtic top, standing by jinky outside celtic park?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    Slater67 and Taylor1 like this.
  17. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Dundee away last season, Poppy season. The Green Brigade had a banner up about * Sunday. You went all in calling it disgraceful, that’s not a Celtic fan, certainly not where i’m from anyway, where there is a huge Irish community. You also went on to calling myself and other posters plastic paddy’s for reacting in outrage at your post. Yer a *.

18. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Love this patter man :56:

Can’t understand the hyperbole surrounding one of the best players of the last two decades? Brilliant.

We could’ve been 3-0 up inside 30 minutes? Well we weren’t.

If your Aunty had baws……. you know the rest.

This * just serves to undermine our players efforts tonight. We were outstanding the first half, if we take a half chance, who knows? But we didn’t.

Welcome to elite fitba.

Wllm likes this.
  19. oh bhoy

all things considered that was one * of performance against the european champions for a side with only two players who have played at this level before

Rydo1888* and Samsquanch like this.
  20. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Quit the drink lad, that's just a tad embarrassing.