1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Josip Juranovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by GavCFC1, Aug 21, 2021.

Discuss Josip Juranovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I thought he was very good. Unlucky with that first goal, got caught covering two players and picked the wrong one

martin_d likes this.
  2. EddieBhoy1986

Could say the same for everyone of our players. Occasion got to them all at points. But Juranovic put in a very good shift against arguably the best winger in the world. Kept him contained most of the game making just one (costly) bad call.

3. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Thought he had a good game given what he was up against. I just wish he could cross a ball though.

CookieMonster and Keano88 like this.
  4. LloydsGamble

True, maybe just expect him as a Croatian international with big game experience to not look so jittery and misplace so many passes.

Greg Taylor looked far more comfortable to me.

5. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    It’s important to remember that we played our normal game, and instead he was up against world class.

I thought he did well enough tonight.

It’s a * different story facing that when we play like we normally do eg vs a pisshole rangers side where he hosed on Kent for 79 minutes and we know barisic has one redeeming quality which is a ball in (he’s very good at that)

He was good overall. He was also targeted because we doubled up trying to make sure lb wasn’t exposed at times.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I thought he played well.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye he made a split second wrong decision for the first but overall I thought he was good..

Was their most dangerous player/outlet he was up against and one of the best young player's on the planet..

martin_d likes this.
  8. PaddyJamieson

He was very good. One bad decision for the first, but he was unlucky, didn't know who to go with. Other than that he was excellent, limited Vinicius Jr and was a constant outlet.

martin_d and EddieBhoy1986 like this.
  9. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Hate to be critical as I think he’s class, but he’s out of position for the first goal, and his pace actually gets him back in.

Why’s he not sliding to block that shot? I don’t understand it. Obviously it’s all done in a split second but he done so well to get back in and then almost pulls out of the slide, don’t get it.

FranceCelt likes this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Is he actually out of position or covering the cross in, and it turned out to be inch perfect? Because I’ve went back and forth on that point a lot since the goal. Because full backs tucking in and cutting it out at the front post is hailed as great defending a lot.

That’s the questionable bit of defending he done tonight, and the dodgy as * tackle near the start when they were going nowhere.

Rest of the time thought he was * excellent though. He made chances as we, but I still wish his crossing was better, it annoys the life out of me because I * know he has the ability.

11. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I know what you’re saying mate, but for me he gambles badly on a runner that’s not even near our 18 yard line.

His movement towards the man makes up Valverde’s mind. It’s a split second decision though and he was exposed.

It’s not even so much that, I can’t understand why he doesn’t slide and try and block the shot. Will never understand it.

Gazzi79 likes this.
  12. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Delivery for Maeda’s miss was unreal tbf, if a bit fast.

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    True he's going to get one on the money every so often but I just think his deliveries into the box in general are a bit pish tbh. Still a cracking player though.

14. Big C

Not only discussing last night, he play in general. I don’t rate him except for his pace. His passing is very lacklustre at times and his crossing is nothing short of awful, couldn’t cross the road. I know a lot of players get away with poor performances but if he was a academy player he’d be getting roasted on here. As mentioned in a previous thread I’d have taken anything above what we paid for him during the last window. I doubt very much there was any interest. Ralston has better stats in regards to assists and goals scored as proven by Celtsanalytics.

15. Foley1888

I was gutted for him when that happened as I thought until that point he had been excellent, kept their main man fairly quiet, and was often our outlet to get our attacks going.

However he should have stuck with the winger instead of coming across their. Taylor didn’t cover himself in glory their either as he went charging upfield that caused the initial opening.

That goal frustrated me the most of anything last night as it was a really cheap one to give up after playing well for so long.

16. EddieBhoy1986

I wish the Ralston fanboys would stick to his thread instead coming on to Jospi's to continually pummel him for no reason. He was unarguably one of our best players last night and managed to go toe to toe with one of the best players in the world for most of the match. Just as he was on Saturday and yet again his is the only players thread dogged by needless negativity.

craigtheceltic and martin_d like this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye he definitely pulls out of sliding in i think to no give a penalty away. That's the only thing I can think of..

Put a belter in first half that that wasn't attacked and they headed away but it was a beauty of a ball in..

Got us up the park loads, to the point they gave up a fair few time's even trying to track him back..

martin_d likes this.
  18. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I think it’s ever since he made that remark about ‘hoping’ the Atletico rumour was true. Guy was being honest, and in a second language at that. Wasn’t intended to sound disrespectful; he just seemed to be saying he’d be flattered as it would indicate he was going in the right direction.

But folk couldn’t handle it.
    Ralston - as an academy guy who’d had pelters in the past and yet chose to stay here until he proved people wrong - happens to embody almost the opposite of Josip’s so-called disloyal attitude, in the minds of Juranovic’s critics.

They’ve looked for excuses to jump on Jura ever since.

Taylor1 likes this.
  19. EddieBhoy1986

Even that doesn't make sense because he said he didn't know if it was true and didn't care. His meaning, that he was flattered, was clear. Matt O'Riley was far more ambiguous about his rumours than Josip and his thread isn't full of negativity.

20. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Thought that as well. If he dives in he blocks it