1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celtic, Oliver Abildgaard

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr Shelby, Sep 1, 2022.

Discuss Welcome to Celtic, Oliver Abildgaard in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Be interesting to see if he’s on the bench tonight but imagine its too soon.

2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Honestly, it'd be a morale boost for me if he was. In the best case scenario (us taking the lead), we'll have to defend it.

3. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Can't see it. He was training on his own before coming to us and never had a preseason. Would imagine it'll be at least another week before he gets a spot on the bench.

4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

That’s Mooy’s role I think, experienced head to come on and help the midfield. This boy will be a starter once fit and some gametime.

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Hope he gets upto speed soon for these next 4 games. I think we are gonna need him.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Foley1888

Agree with this I think we don’t lose the first two goals as easily the other night with someone like that in the team. Not saying it was anyones fault or not really sure how we get him in the team as our midfield 3 were arguably our best players but someone that can see situations like that unfolding and help snuff them out will be a good asset to have.

Mind you the second goal in particular there is so much bad luck in that. CCV probably shouldn’t go diving in but wins the tackle it hits GG and falls to them perfectly, Modric gets tackled by Jenz and it hits his foot and sits perfectly for him to finish, where as more often than not the tackle knocks the ball away from him.

8. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Knew you'd be loving it!

Wee Baldy likes this.
  9. KirkyCelt

I really hope we get to see him at the weekend. I've been watching some YouTube highlights of him, he's big, strong, athletic and loves an interception. As soon as he intercepts he puts his head up and looks for a long ball which Jota, Kyogo and Abada would love. I reckon if we can get him up to speed during the international break then he should be our starting holding midfielder and McGregor and Hatate play in front. He would also add height for set pieces so we would be more of a goal threat.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  10. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Think weekend will come to soon after Anges comments on Monday regarding his fitness. 2 week International break will be used to get a mini pre season into him

King Kwon likes this.
  11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The way I’ve seen people talking bout this guy, I kinda feel bad for him, because the expectation that’s on him without any of us actually seeing him kick a ball will be difficult to live up to. He’s Wanyama defensively and physically, as technical as Hatate and the clever play of McGregor. Apparently.

12. Mr Cleansheets

So we don't need either of them anymore?

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

No pressure on the lad, but if he isn't the white Yaya Toure I'll be disappointed.

14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I think it’s just the expectation now with how good Ange has been in bringing in players. He’ll only bring in players that are technically good enough to play for him, so the fact this lad is 6”4 and physical he must be a little special.

Liam Scales likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

With the international break coming we can put out a really strong team and hopefully maintain the performance levels. Abildgaard? Not at this stage. He missed pre-season and wasn’t working with a club.We’re hoping with the International break and spending two weeks with him he’ll be in better shape.”

16. EddieBhoy1986

Are we sure this guy was an Ange signing and not one foisted on him? Something feels off to me about Ange signing a DM but esp one who we would only really need for European games but who is nowhere near fit to play in around half of our group games.

17. Charlielarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He had no pre season and only been training for couple of weeks Ange days during international break he will have a mini pre season then we will start to see him

18. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Look how Biton was used last year, Ange was not afraid to bring on a defensive minded player. I'd not be questioning any player signed to the first team is by anyone other than Ange's team.

martin_d and JamesM09 like this.
  19. EddieBhoy1986

Aye I'm not questioning him being willing to play a defensive minded player esp in Europe. I'm questioning whether he was so desperate to sign one that he went in for a guy nowhere near fit who would not be available to us for important European matches where he would actually be of use. Nothing about this signing screams Ange to me. Has always felt like a signing made by the board who spent too much time listening to fans cry about us needing a DM and which Ange was willing to reluctantly accept.

20. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

We chased Souza for a while by all accounts. That should be evidence enough that Ange was looking for this type of player.

martin_d likes this.