1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SPFL The Champions 4 - 0 The Scum

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 28, 2022.

Discuss The Champions 4 - 0 The Scum in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Wow! So it was made inside the ground!!

Some real skill and vision went into making it. Hadn't really considered how the TIFOs are made until now.

bagforlife, PiotreQ, Dalbeth3 and 4 others like this.
  2. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    He says before the match that it's too difficult to split the two sides. He does an article today titled, "Result that's been on the cards for weeks" :39:

craigtheceltic, Smithy, mayo and 4 others like this.
  3. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    :rofl::rofl:Apparently that was 2 champions league teams on the pitch today

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  4. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Did celtic play the second squad ??

Hammy89, blackfish and bigmac7288 like this.
  5. bigmac7288

that’s funny there are totally orange bigot hun s, but it’s funny how Kamara has one vote when they thought he was going for millions on the last day of the transfer window the guy is dug * same as there full team.

gazb1888 likes this.
  6. gazb1888

I know £50,000 from Dundee, now he’s world class..:56:

bigmac7288 likes this.
  7. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    What a * day! Just about sobered up.

Trying so hard not to get carried away, but we are playing a brand of football I can't remember ever seeing from Celtic. The other weird thing for me is I've never seen so many huns hold their hands up and say they were just pumped.

No dodgy decisions, controversy etc

Just absolutely scudded the *.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 and seanm like this.
  8. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Ah go on then.....one more time....

HTG, Dalbeth3, seanm and 2 others like this.
  9. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Only because they couldn't see the dodgy decisions.

Goldson should've seen red for his elbow on Jota.

Morelos should've seen red for his elbow on Jenz.

Abada should've won a penalty in the first half.

Lundstram should've been awarded 3 yellow cards.

Tillman should've been booked before he actually was for standing in the way of a freekick.

There's four players that should've been sent off and a penalty awarded to us.

The referee had a shocker and was their man of the match.

VAR would've definitely sent off Goldson and definitely awarded a penalty to us. Morelos could've got away with it as it was unusually under the radar. If it was checked, he'd have been off as well. The other yellow cards wouldn't have been given as that's not what VAR is used for.

10. Mr Cleansheets

I think you've got too much faith in VAR.

We've had it in Oz for a few years and I * well hate it. The main issue is the selective use of the VAR - if the masons are in charge (and they will be) then every incident that favours the huns will be looked at. No incident that favours the good guys will be looked at.

It will effectively give them a second chance to cheat on every decision or non-decision.

11. Hydrobhoy

giakos dive in case of rebound at abadas 1st is brilliant hahahaha

charlietully, seanm and Hammy89 like this.
  12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    So you're saying every miniscule incident that could favour the huns will be looked at and go the huns way.

We'll get nothing?

Do you honestly think var wouldn't look at the penalty incident or Goldson's elbow?

And even if they do, they wouldn't award us a penalty or send Goldson off?

Is that what we're saying here?

seanm likes this.
  13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Watched the highlights (again).

At the final whistle, Jack had the ball and Jota was hassling him. As soon as the final whistle went, Jota assumed it was a foul by him and held his hands up to say 'what did I do that was a foul?'. Jack turns around and pulls his shirt on his chest.

:56: He's such a plastic hard man who is mad of glass.

He'll retire early and I can't wait for it. Thinks he's a ballet but would struggle to make a living after he hangs up his... I don't know what a knuckle dagger hangs up when they retire.

bobs1974 likes this.
  14. Mr Cleansheets

It's possible. That's an extreme, obviously, but that's what has had some fans so * off in Australia.

What tends to happen is that team A in a given match will have certain incidents referred to the ref to be looked at - a penalty, for example, that wasn't given. The ref goes and looks, and maybe gives the penalty (or the opposite - he's given a penalty but VAR tells him to look and he rescinds it).

In the same match, team B has exactly the same situation but VAR is not used.

The words "clear and obvious error" cover a multitude of sins and enable all sorts of chicanery.

TBF, I was talking about VAR generally and not with specific regard to Saturday's match. Penalty would surely have been looked at, and probably the elbow, and maybe the late tackle on Maeda also... but not necessarily.

It's the inconsistent application of VAR that is a major worry. It's bad enough over here but in Scotland, where football passion is so much hotter, I can see some sorry tales ahead.

On the other hand, you could be right and the scrutiny over VAR incidents (and non-uses) forces the lodge to try to look even handed.

I still hate it though.

15. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm under no illusion that VAR will solve every issue.

I don't care who is in the VAR room tbh. You can't give something that isn't there and ignore something that is. Countless times the huns have won penalties where contact wasn't even made. Same for red cards for the opposition. There's been countless times where the opposition haven't been awarded a penalty when they should've or where the huns have kept all eleven players on the park.

It's not going to solve everything but if the huns are treated more like every other club, it's a good thing.

Case in point - Saturday's game. Two obvious decisions go against us. You didn't hear Boyd screaming for VAR. He knew they'd be *.

16. Mr Cleansheets

I hope you're right. I daresay the more obvious incidents would have to be checked but it's the more subtle areas in which the lodge could find their percentage.

Football is a contact sport, after all, and there are plenty of situations where contact happens incidental to the play, but not illegal contact in the sense of causing a foul. When looked at in slow motion, incidental contact might look like a foul but doesn't even get looked at the other end of the park.

My local team (CCM) have been ripped off badly a number of times, but the stakes are higher in the SPL.

seanm, craigtheceltic and Hammy89 like this.
  17. Mr Cleansheets

NakamuraTastic and honda like this.
  18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    :56: That's awful.

I can see it happening in Scotland but these will be few and far between. Also, the ref may have come to those conclusions without the use of VAR. I just think those strange and incorrect decisions will reduce. Dramatically reduce for one team.

19. Mr Cleansheets

But that's the whole point... in one of those spectacular examples above the ref changed a correct decision to an incorrect decision (penalty); and in the second incident was told to look at a situation he'd already cleared (should have given a penalty but refused). That meant a two goal turn-around in a critical match and changed the result.

Edit: my mistake, the ref got it wrong both times, was told to look and did not overturn his decisions.

Of course, the worst situation is when VAR doesn't tell the ref to look. "It wasn't clear and obvious!" comes the excuse after the game, after they nitpick like * crazy for the other team.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  20. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I have to agree with @Mr Cleansheets and I’m sorry to say I have little faith in VAR. VAR actually started off ok in Australia, but then it went like England, where it’s just another tool that’s used to manipulate results for the big teams. Look at last year’s Championship playoff final, shocking manipulation of the result. Look at VVD going high studs up on the weekend and stays on the field. That’s exactly what would have happened to that ork throwing elbows, he’d get off.

The pundits who are from the top clubs and referee old boys all defend the bad decisions. There’s never any accountability for mistakes because they just say no clear and obvious errors. It’s *.

NakamuraTastic likes this.