1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Christopher Jullien

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jun 28, 2019.

Discuss Christopher Jullien in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Good riddence to the petty *.

A 15 year old girl in the body of a 29 year old man...... Suppose its better than Griffiths who tried to do the opposite

Twisty, NomDePlum, Skelleto and 3 others like this.
  2. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I don't think he's being petty. He wants to thank Lennon for bringing him to the club and winning trophies under him. He hasn't really played under Ange so doesn't have anything to thank him for. At the end of the day he can thank who he wants. I think he did his best for us - put himself out the game for over a year stopping a goal and seems gutted that he couldn't get back in the team. Maybe he could have handled it better at times but I think that's just genuine disappointment at how things have worked out.

3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

:rofl:

4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I dont think it was ability or style and more to do with attitude moritz jenz is literally a carbon copy of him

Jullien was more interested in watching basketball and American football on social media than getting his head down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Do wish all the best , but a bit petty with Ange, but he gave us some great moments in his initial time at the club.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Gave me some of my best recent memories and he should be remembered for that. Think the injury just * everything off the rails.

7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Neil Lennon isn't even on Instagram. Its the equivalent of wishing your 90 year old granny a happy birthday on social media.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

neilly1987 likes this.
  8. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    If he puts in the same effort as he do with selfies and duckfaces etc, he will go on to have a good career. Good luck to him!

9. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I do find it odd that people seem to have such a dislike for him being active on social media, and just being himself even if it isn’t in-keeping with what they want. I mean - it’s far more childish to actively dislike someone for their social media presence than it is to be the target of that dislike, imo.

He’s been a good player for us, suffered a horrendous injury while taking one for the team, and there was no indication that he’s thrown his toys out the pram.

It’s threads like this that remind me that fan loyalty really is only to the club itself, and that loyalty to players only extends as far as that players most recent performances, or worth to the club at that particular point in time.

steg and Mickmac like this.
  10. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Except jenz doesn't seem as much of a blouse. As good as julien was he was never commanding enough. Jenz and CCV are two power houses who can play ball

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    I thought he'd just retire, he's that poor now since his injury.

13. DonnyCelt

Played the full 90 for Montpellier as they thrashed Karamoko's team Brest 7-0.

littlekennie and King of Kings like this.
  14. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Injured again. Thank * he’s gone.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

15. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

* sake. :giggle1: Liked the big guy but thank * he is off the wage bill, phew.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We got lucky. Extremely lucky as that was inevitable..

Don't wish him any bad but he's finished..

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Guy can't catch a break. Wish him well but definitely the right decision for him to leave. Must be a total nightmare having your career so hampered by one injury.

18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Just seen his team were tanked and heard he was awful.

Will probably Instagram about it later.

19. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    There's an interview out with him today about his time at Celtic. I'm too lazy to post it though

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Former Celtic defender Christopher Jullienadmits he had a "complicated" relationship with Ange Postecoglou after being frozen out of the Parkhead picture last term.

The centre-back was snapped up in £7million swoop from Toulouse by Neil Lennon back in June 2019 and was a key part of the Hoops' title-winning defence working under the Northern Irishman. However, a serious knee injury picked up after a collision with the post against Dundee United saw the Frenchman spend 18 months on the sidelines, as he made just one appearance under Ange Postecoglouduring a Scottish Cup fourth round win over Raith Rovers.

With Cameron Carter-Vickers, Carl Starfelt, Stephen Welsh and summer recruit Mortiz Jenz ahead of the 29-year-old in the Parkhead pecking order, Jullien called time on his career in Glasgow's east end with a return to Ligue 1 with Montpellier. After kickstarting his career in France, Jullien has broken his silence on his Celtic exit.

He reckons he never got a chance to prove himself under Postecoglou, but admits he wasn't needed by the boss. He told the Ligue 1 website: "My first season was amazing! We managed to win the three national trophies

But the second was not as prolific since we only won one trophy. So yes, the list has grown. I don't regret at any time having signed there. I had an incredible experience!

"When you don't play for a year, you learn a lot about yourself, your surroundings and your family. After such an injury, you can only become stronger mentally.

But the thing that struck me the most is that when you're abroad and you're not playing, your name comes out of the radar very quickly. Many people asked me what I was up to and whether I played or not.

It a very long absence from a match, because I really came back from my injury in November 2021. The problem I encountered on my return was that the team was doing very well and the coach didn't need to integrate me into the eleven.

Even though I didn't play last season and it was complicated on a human level with coach Ange Postecoglou, I learned a lot. He is a coach who relies a lot on video and who tries to get into the opponent's head.

Thanks to this, I realised that when you push the opposing team to do exactly what they don't want, you can outwit them to an unimaginable extent. It's like playing chess. If the opposing team can't find a parry, you're in for a treat.

"That's why I think I've become more tactically savvy. But I always try to improve on this aspect."