1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer window summer 22

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jake10, Jun 1, 2022.

Discuss Transfer window summer 22 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

Went to bed wi a wee buzz last night. Squad is strong, happy. So many options for us if needed. Great place we're in. Gonna be a good weekend troops. :shamrock:

2. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

What a Transfer Window we have just had. For me what makes it good is the fact we have not brought in any of the so called 'Marque" signings, no last pay check for hasbeen prima Donas What Ange has done is given us a Squad full of quality, this is the best Squad we have had in a long time with regards to the depth in quality. It now gives him the ability to tweak and select players depending on the opposition and more importantly rotating players to give others a rest thus removing the chance of unnecessary injuries.

Dylan1996 likes this.
  3. JamesM09

I feel it’s a hungry squad too, which is key.

TonyTim likes this.
  4. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Also Ange looks at the character of the player, how he will fit in with the rest of the Squad etc, not just what they do on the pitch. Quality, hunger and a togetherness can only breed success.

JamesM09 likes this.
  5. PaddyJamieson

What a * window, what a * manager, and what a * team. Can't remember the last time I felt this good about where we were at as a club. Special things are going to happen this season.

Hammy89 likes this.
  6. BigDoggyWoofWoof

I think we've literally filled every position we needed and then some. There's obviously some questions about quality remaining, Mooy and Bernabei haven't set the world alight yet but time will tell.

Can't believe I'm saying this but next window I'd like to see us shift some dead wood, not just on loans but some sales and generate a bit of revenue. We're a bit crowded up front and not everyone's going to make the grade, makes sense to move some on.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    9 players in, all who the manager wants and all add something to the squad. Be it adequate depth, or first team starters.
    There hasn't been, yet, a signing this summer that seems wasteful at all.

Absolutely superb.

Went to bed last night not giving a *. No frantic refresh of twitter or anything desperate to hear of a new signing.
    No demanding we signed X player or Y player.

It was actually, for once, an easy window and end to it.

The way a football club should be ran.

Confirmed the loan deals reasonably early(would have loved them announced sooner, but neither was specifically left till the end of the window to twist a deadline day scoop)

Got in a new defender before one left (jenz for Julien).

Found the left back we wanted and got it done before the league started.

Sourced a sensible and more than adequate backup keeper superbly early as well.

I feel if we had qualifiers this year, even the signings and players we had at those dates would have been an acceptable point.

Just feels so good, knowing the club is well stocked, the manager knows all the players and wants the vast majority of them here and we are ready to go. No makeshift areas etc.

Of course a few of these players need to show they are still capable, but on paper they all have their use and are good signings.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Hammy89, Dylan1996 and Rogicisgod like this.
  9. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Been a great window. In some respects we haven't improved the starting 11, but we have in the respect that players coming in to cover injuries and suspensions are of an equaly high calibre.
    Also I expect Abildgaard and Hacsab...... to be challenging for a first team start.
    Mooy will do a job from the bench.
    But if Tayor is out I'd rather see JJ switch sides and Ralston come in.
    I hope to change my mind on that in time, but that's how I feel just now.

10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ye * kidding :31:

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Depth was the thing we needed to improve - see last December's line-ups.

It's too early to say we haven't improved the starting XI - Jenz could well be better than Starfelt. He's better in the air & more athletic, it remains to be seen if he can form a better partnership with CCV.

Haksabanovic looked lively on Wed too, he hasn't came here to sit on the bench. He'll be challenging for one of the wide spots.

Abildgaard looks from clips like the number 6 we need for European ties too, against them we might see a Hatate or O'Riley be sacrificed for a more pragmatic approach.

I'm delighted with the window, the board have fully got behind Ange and invested a decent sum into what he's trying to build.

12. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Not at all. I expect our starting 11 and possibly the first 2 or 3 subs to consist of players who were here last season. Am I wrong?
    In time I expect Abildgard and Haksabanovic to challenge for a place in the starting 11, am I wrong?
    I think our bench is stronger than it was, am I wrong?

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  13. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Which is pretty much what I said.

14. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    My comment about hoping to change my mind in time is purely about replacing Taylor if required, not how I feel about the signings in general.
    Bernabie might prove me wrong and I hope he does, but for now if Taylor isn't there I'd rather see JJ switch and Ralston come in

Dan Breen likes this.
  15. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I agree on that as well. I would play JJ at LB if Taylor got injured, every day of the week untill Bernie has improved.

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    The starting XI isn’t just the sum of its parts. It’s clear we’ve improved imo, particularly in where we were at this stage last season.

Blochairnbhoy and cidermaster like this.
  17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Any player could come in now and I don’t think the starting 11 is weakened that’s * frightening

18. horseshoe

That's what's really impressive about the work we've done over the last few windows, to go from the state we were in last summer to now having options to rotate in almost every position without worrying about a massive drop off in quality is great. Our options on the wings especially, going back over the last few years we had Forrest at no1 and really nobody consistently pushing him for a place, when he was out you'd get square pegs in round holes like christie in to cover, there just wasn't much depth outside of our starting 11, to have him now effectively knocked down to 4th or 5th choice in the wide areas, in the space of one season, is insanely good squad building.

19. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It shows how good a window we had that it’s been closed for almost 15 hours and I’ve not seen a single list of free agents :57::56:

20. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    So we haven't improved the starting 11 but you expect the new signings to challenge for a place in the starting 11.

Officer Doofy and Blochairnbhoy like this.