1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sead Haksabanovic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 24, 2022.

Discuss Sead Haksabanovic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MusselburghBhoy Gimme danger, little stranger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Momo Sylla
  2. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Already got an Ashley :50:

Skelleto likes this.
  3. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Ashley Mooy?

craigtheceltic likes this.
  4. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    The Hack!

Jeannie960 likes this.
  5. wulliebad

:redcard:

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou has advised Hoops fans they will have to wait until at least next week to see new Montenegrin winger Sead Haksabanovic in action for their side.

The winger is not expected to make his debut until after their tie against Dundee United on Sunday afternoon as he attempts to get up to speed with the rest of the Hoops squad. Celtic's winger contingency now looks as great as ever with the likes of Jota, Liel Abada, Mikey Johnston and James Forrest all being joined by Haksabanovic, alongside Daizen Maeda also being able to play out wide.

The 23-year-old, who recently played for West Ham in a failed spell in east London before coming into his own in the Russian Premier League, has taken the No. 9 shirt as he aims to kick on in his career at Celtic Park. There may be no better place to do so than under the attack-minded Postecoglou, especially with a Champions League adventure set to be embarked upon.

Asked if Haksabanovic was in line to debut this weekend the manager replied: "No, he won't

We'll do some work with him, but it's great to have him in and great to have him playing with the group. I think he'll be a great asset to us with what's ahead.

"[He's a] quality player, at a good age for us, we'll get him up to speed first and hopefully he'll be involved over the coming weeks."

bagforlife likes this.
  7. Charlielarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Prob livi home on 10th September we will have a look at him

8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Delighted with the signing as he seems an exciting prospect who hasn't fulfilled his potential yet. Fingers crossed he reaches that ceiling with us and becomes a top player.

plus hes handsome :ange2:

Skelleto, Artorias and bagforlife like this.
  9. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

Indeed he is :)

JML67 likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://sport24.ru/news/football/20...hudom-yarovinskiy-o-prodazhe-khakshabanovicha

Rubin sports director Oleg Yarovinskycommented on the sale of midfielder Sead Khakshabanovich to Celtic.

“On the sale of Haksabanovic to Celtic, we managed to recapture significant funds, which in the current realities can be called a miracle. The fact that in such conditions they were able to get real money is a great success. Does Transfermarkt value the move at €2.5m? I will not comment on the amount. Of course, when we took it, we counted on a much more profitable resale. Of course, the departure of such a player is a loss for Rubin.

11. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

If we signed this guy under Lennon we would’ve had to wait about a year to see him.

12. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Say-ad

ArminCeltic, Slaw and saltire78 like this.
  13. joemc

Could be lubo-esque ,to some that will appear blasphemous ,* even to me , but I get that little thought watching the footage that he has it aĺ and this place can bring the best out of him .

Hope N Ur Heart likes this.
  14. ArminCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Confirmed.

15. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Still to add this boy as well :giggle1:

JML67 and Rydo1888* like this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Quite impressive how easily he understands the accent....especially the last one..

Interesting he says his preferred position outside left wing is in the 10 position. I deffo think we'll see him play centrally at point's..

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Watching on as the Celts overpowered Dundee United to a record-breaking 9-0 win on Sunday, Sead Haksabanovic looked at the performance at Tannadice and knew he joined the right team.

The 23-year-old joined from Russian side Rubin Kazan last week, but the game in Dundee came too early for the Montenegro internationalist.

Having spoken to the manager before joining, Haksabanovic knew all about Celtic’s attacking quality.

Signing for the club was an easy decision for him, but Sunday’s performance was a further indicator that he joined the right club at the right time and he’s excited to get out on the pitch with his new team-mates.

He said: “I spoke to the manager and the plan he has looked very good for me.

“To be here is a dream come true at one of the biggest clubs in the world with the fans and its history.

“Before Celtic came into the picture I had some clubs, but when I heard Celtic wanted me I told my agent this is where I want to be and there was no thinking, I just wanted to come here.

'When I saw them play against Dundee United, my only thought was that I want to be there, scoring, making assists and dribbling because the way we played is beautiful and I want to play in that.'

“It’s a big challenge for me to get into the team but I’m here for it and I will work hard for it.”

It’s not Haksabanovic’s first spell as a player in the UK, having signed as an 18-year-old for West Ham United five years ago.

While things didn’t work out at the East London club, he says it’s a move that has made him stronger for this chapter at Celtic, and with Champions League football to look forward to he can’t wait to experience those big nights at Celtic Park.

He added: “When I came to West Ham it was Slaven Bilic in charge and he got fired so I had to learn the hard way in football and I learned a lot.

“I was young at 18 and it only made me stronger and into the person I am today.

'Before signing I was waiting at home and I was training by myself and running around thinking about here and starting at Celtic.'

“I’ve heard from the players and they all say it’s amazing, it’s a thing you can’t see in another stadium so this is just a unique feeling to be here and it’s amazing.

“I’m staying in my hotel right now and I’m just thinking of the atmosphere here and going out to play.

“It’s a dream come true to be playing in the biggest tournament in the world, so it will be amazing.”

Gazzi79 likes this.
  20. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Ange hasn't made a bad signing yet.

No pressure, pal.

Rydo1888* likes this.