1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic in Europe in 22-23 Season

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bhoyyo, Apr 13, 2022.

Discuss Celtic in Europe in 22-23 Season in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    They can sue uefa all they want has to be pointed out their owner is pro Russia and was pro Russia before the war kicked off * should have been done for financial doping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greengrocer likes this.
  2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If we want a chance of qualifying we need to get shackter home first game and Leipzig away second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    The thing that keeps bringing me crashing back down to Earth is that our first team won't look too different to the one that got gubbed 3-1 at home by Bodo.

They've now been together longer and we should have GG or Kyogo or both to call on, but thinking about our last tie in Europe stops me from getting carried away

4. celtic warrior

Our squad overall in paper doesn't sure...but they are also now players full of games and experience and fully adjusted to Ange's demands.

And while it serves as no catch all and full pardon....having Maeda as our lone striker when Kyogo was out and Giakoumakis was nowhere near the player he ended up being by close season was incredibly telling in our play that night.

Bodo at the time were respectfully, a class outfit at the time and people really need to see past the name as that season around that period...they were playing to such a high standard, just because they weren't from a bigger league or a more respected higher profile club shouldn't discredit just how well run and efficient they were last season.

We are totally different to that game now

craigtheceltic likes this.
  5. Melb Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Can’t argue with any of that. We’re far more down the line with Anges vision now also. If we were drawn against them now we’d batter them.

6. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    We are just infamous for losing stupid * goals. Schoolboy errors cost us far too much. And when we play teams like bodo we don't take our chances and * it all over .

Listening to the ssb podcast from last night and they made the obvious point that we really do need a midfield enforcer to help the defence and do the chasing and cover the back 2.

7. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    As much as that all makes sense.
    The bodo manager seemed to have best of both of great attacking football but were quickly organised at the back and could see their shape was spot on.
    We need to be that quick at pulling back and keeping formation.

It's mad we have a really good defence but celtic just know how to brain fart better than most.

In saying that also.....leverkusen and betis last season away wad unreal

celtic warrior and AdamRS like this.
  8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    A big thing for me that I want to see is that if we get ahead in a game, we can shut down for a bit and control it or try counter rather than then going for another immediately and leaving ourselves wide open.

How many times has that happened in recent years? It's fine domestically to attack and attack but our game management in Europe has been rank rotten for ages.

Betis and Leverkusen are recent examples as well as Bodo (we got back in it then conceded straight after). We need to cut that out. We can hurt teams in attack I've no doubt, it's the defensive side of things/pressing/managing games that needs a lot of work.

Can let Ange away with it last year as I expected nothing Europe wise. We need to show something this time.

9. PaddyJamieson

I totally agree, but we also seem to get rotten luck a lot of the time. That third Bodo goal you're referring to for example: freak deflection on a speculative 30 yarder.

craigtheceltic and Mr Shelby like this.
  10. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    I'd say our game management since Glimt has improved, we are better at sitting back now. Starfelt was pretty good at snuffing out crosses end of last year hopefully he pairs with ccv again. We used to be * with heading in our own box and long balls.

11. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    You mean our game management has improved in Scotland, doesn't mean as much (even if against huns occasionally). Not been tried and tested in Europe where I think one or two teams will know how to exploit our inexperience at this level

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

In advance of UEFA Champions League dates being announced, we can confirm that we have been notified by Real Madrid that Celtic will receive a reduced allocation of 1,800 tickets for our match in Madrid, due to ongoing construction work at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium.

Clearly, while expecting a huge demand for all our away matches, as is always the case, Celtic would urge fans not to travel without a ticket.

We would strongly advise supporters not to book any travel before receiving match ticket confirmation.

Celtic's full match schedule will be announced as soon as possible. Thank you for your continuing support.

kramer1 likes this.
  13. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

1800 what a shambles.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Obviously would have been more if there wasn’t work being done.

Be plenty in the home sections no doubt

Luis1967 likes this.
  15. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    Think their bottom tier is still mostly closed.

16. dmccourt95

They’re at it, there’s no chance there’s only going to be 37,000 capacity by the time we play them. They had higher last season

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye if we go 1 up in the Alexandro and Joe Hart sprints to the ball boy I'll be needing my phone screen fixing..

18. gazb1888

What games everyone going to on the 6th??

Attached Files:

19. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

:giggle1:

20. WeeBhoy7

Been to 8 away games since 18/19 season (should be what criteria is worked from time wise). From 1800 tickets say that’ll only leave about 800 for independent travellers after Celtic travel and corporate tickets. Think I’ll receive one? If not stung for a day drip again

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.