1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Luis1967, Jan 14, 2014.

Discuss Better Call Saul in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sparda

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    At the end of season 5, I would have agreed with you. This was my favourite TV show. Season 6 was easily the worst season for me. It peaked in season 3 for me with Chuck's outburst and death, although season 5 was a pretty close second.

I thought it was a decent but largely underpar episode for the series, especially for a finale.

- They played it too safe, this was the most commonly predicted ending and far too romanticized for the BB universe.

- I didn't buy Jimmy's sudden change of character. I could see him defending Kim and slowly repenting but turning down a 7 year deal and accepting 86 years? Not a * chance. It's to cheesy for this show.

- Cringe bus scene

- Jimmy * over Oakley, isn't this the guy who is a changed man?

- Suddenly Kim and him are now buddies again?

Everything felt rush and shoehorned in. It could have been a lot worse but it could have been much better too.

littlekennie and NakamuraTastic like this.
  2. Al Bootyerbaws

Final series was a bit disappointing. On the whole very good but Breaking Bad is still better.

littlekennie and NakamuraTastic like this.
  3. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Fair play. Music and films are two genres where it's very hard to agree. Everyone sees different angles. I liked BCS; however, I just think the writing really slipped in the last season, so I'm quite disappointed with S6... but overall it was still a good show.

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  4. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    I totally agree with this. This is how I saw it too.

5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I do think I loved it more till the whole end of frings / salamanca ending, was good to see how it turned out with Saul, but those last few episodes were good but nothing more.

I do prefer it to BB though. Like the characters more, Saul was always my fav alongside Mike.

6. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

In a way it would’ve been interesting to watch Better Call Saul before Breaking Bad.

I’d be going in and watching Breaking Bad with a different perspective.

Then again I’d have missed so many references that made the show what it was and that phone call with Francesca basically confirmed that the majority of the characters were dead so there’s that :56:

7. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    I actually watched BCS first before BB. Finished BB about 3 weeks ago. It was fun going back to BB and going Oooh it's the chicken man and so on. Kind of worked!

neilly1987 and FrankMcCallum like this.
  8. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I watched BB years ago but I’ll definitely be watching it again soon off the back of finishing BCS.

BCS edged it for me though, I really loved watching the development of Jimmy into Saul. Seriously good writing.

neilly1987 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  9. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    The last episode closely reflects what Saul said to Walt in Breaking Bad, " “Face the music. You walk in with your head held high, you'll be the John Dillinger of the Metropolitan Detention Center. How bad is that?”..

Just turns out Gilligan was foreshadowing Saul's own character arc.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Finally finished this.

Have to say, I thought the last few episodes were good but not the same standard as what came before. Thought most of the best stuff in this show was based around Nacho and Lalo. The latter being one of the best villains I've seen on TV.

Breaking Bad had a better ending, but overall I think I prefer BCS.

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  11. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Couldn't find the Breaking Bad thread...Just in case you're interested lol

Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 23.04.59.png

A Hollywood auction house is flogging a pair of tighty-whities worn by actor Bryan Cranston in the pilot episode of ‘Breaking Bad’. Die-hard fans who want to complete the meth-cook look can also pick up Walter White’s safety goggles and respirator.

The briefs made their debut in the 2008 pilot episode of ‘Breaking Bad’, in which high school chemistry teacher Walter White disrobes before working on his first batch of methamphetamine. After poisoning two drug dealers later in the episode, Cranston’s character stands on a desert road in his underwear, awaiting the arrival of the police with a gun in his hand.

Now, 15 years later, the briefs are being auctioned off by Prop Store Auction, a Los Angeles-based firm that trades in movie memorabilia and props. The auction house notes that the briefs’ “elasticity is largely lost from wear and age.” Disturbingly, it also notes that “they exhibit staining along the back.”

Online bidding closes at the end of the month, and Prop Store Auction lists a guide price of between $2,500 and $5,000 for this intimate piece of television history.

Wannabe Walter Whites can also bid for a pair of safety goggles and a respirator worn by Cranston in the show’s second season. These essential pieces of lab equipment are expected to sell for between $3,000 and $6,000.

12. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Watching this now, just coming up to the end of season 3 and feels like its heating up, first 2 were a slog & seems designed that way, kept around as I like the character.

13. carraigbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Just finished binge watching this, excellent series, I didn't want it to end.