1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Alexandro Bernabei

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jun 30, 2022.

Discuss Alexandro Bernabei in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaddyJamieson

So when are we moving to Argentina, pal? :36:

NakamuraTastic and Keano88 like this.
  2. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    The way the media treated gazza when he was at the Huns was like he could do no wrong , * was coked up tf, battered * out his wife and flung her down a flight of stairs to endangerment of her life, but the media and the Huns paint him as a cheeky chappie legend cause he played well for ra ranjurz,* did worse than mason greenwood and people are saying he should never play again to lock him up and throw away the key

packybhoy and gazb1888 like this.
  3. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Worrying if the guys having a blowout after a few weeks here and having barely kicked a ball.

I’m a bit of a hardliner when it comes to this kinda thing, and although I appreciate the players will need some time to relax, I would prefer them to keep any heavy drinking sessions until we’re lifting a trophy or two, or at least until after a big win.

Hopefully it’s nothing like that and it was just him having a glass of wine or something….in the early hours of Monday morning :giggle1:

gazb1888 and greengrocer like this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Agreed, if we wanna be the best we can be, should live the life..

The odd one or occasion but is a bit early for it. Although he's probably only turned to the drink after watching Greg Taylor's performances..

gazb1888 and King of Kings like this.
  5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    the Argentinian Jaime 5 bellys

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  6. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Ideally this kid would be so ultra professional and determined to get into the team, that he's home early every night, reading Ange's book, eating lean meats, doing keepy uppies in his bedroom before brushing his teeth and hitting the sack by 9pm. But he's 21 years old, just moved to a new country, doesn't know anyone, doesn't speak the language, is dealing with a new culture, etc. and there can be a lot that goes with that.

He's (allegedly) made a mistake and as long as it's just that - a one off mistake - it doesn't necessarily have to colour the rest of his time here. We're not going to punt a £3 million investment within a month, so he'll need an arm around his shoulder but also a stern reminder of the expectations of playing for this club and how one time can be an error of judgment, but twice is a pattern of behaviour.

I got done for drink driving when I was 21. I was living a long way from home at the time as well, although not in another country. When I went before the judge and had my driver's licence suspended, I quoted Trainspotting by saying, "Thank you your honour, with *'s help I'll conquer this terrible affliction", because my mate dared me $20 to do it and I thought it was funny. In other words, I was a flippant * (...at the time, now I'm amazing!) What somebody else said earlier rings true in my case: The reason I stopped drink driving was because I got caught. It wasn't the first time I'd done it.

Getting into a car * and putting people's lives at risk is an exceedingly stupid and cuntish thing to do, but many of us don't have the capacity to recognise that at 21. Hopefully Ange and Cal can help him understand.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  7. Rogicisgod

I must admit I am a bit of a hardliner when it comes to thus sort of stuff. It is probably down to what happened to me when my dad caught me drinking at the age of 16.

Right-o then you want to play with the big boys he said, I'm going sit here until you finish off the rest of the vb slab.

Well what was I to do? I couldn't hide the fact that I was long past my l plates on that caper. So we stayed up half the night while I polished off 18 cans straight. We had a good old chat about things, talked about our futures the whole bit and when dad fell asleep I tucked him into bed and polished off the last 4 while watching a bit of rage on the telly.

I certainly learnt my lesson it did me good to get a bit of conditioning and in the morning I had a brekky beer to chase down a couple of bits of Vegemite on toast. And that was that, never again did touch that West Coast cooler poison.

If it was good enough for me I reckon Ange will say it is good enough for Berni.

You can't molly coddle the kids, you've got to show em some tough love in order to bring em up right.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  8. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Gotta love the 'holier than thou' wanks who have never done anything wrong in their lives; it must be wonderful to be able to live the life of a Saint never once stepping out of line - Aye lets crucify the boy; he's 21 years old and has arrived in a foreign country from near enough the other side of the world but lets send him packing back to Argentina

Yes what he did was very wrong but everyone deserves a second chance; Ange needs to make it clear to him that he now needs to keep his head down and concentrate on breaking into the starting 11 or at least being 100% ready to be called upon from the bench if needed; any more * ups and he's history

stubhoy07, Gabriel, eire4 and 3 others like this.
  9. Thebs

We all make mistakes, it is an inevitable part of being human. In fact, some of the best lessons are from mistakes and failures — ours and others' — where the errors of the past becomes the wisdom for the future.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Not everyone deserves a 2nd chance to be fair mate, if he does or not totally depends on his reaction, if he swans into training like * sake what did I do wrong and is an arrogant wee * bout it - * the 2nd chance.

If he holds his hands up and says he * it and he’s getting the head down to prove he’s worth it and knows he’s made it harder for himself now, and screws the nut - back him as much as you can.

11. Pink_Floyd

Very long time lurker after my old account went out of use, and first post. Not wishing to get into the morals and all that side of it (second chances etc) but one thing I can say is regarding Blythswood Square and the bar.

I stay there a lot, and I think recently I was there three weekends out of five and each time bumped into him. Every time he was waling to the restaurant which doubles as the bar due to the Salon being closed pending refurbishment.

He literally ate (with a glass of wine admittedly) and left. Other times he walked down with his agent, had a coffee and left. I pretty much stay in the hotel lobby / bar at night, and certainly in the times I was there he did not use the bar as a party base, or spend hours in there getting drunk.

Obviously this has nothing to do with the alleged incidents, but I think if anyone was suggesting he was turning up there and getting smashed all the time, it's wide of the mark. He was living in the hotel due to awaiting housing (as are a few others...)

12. celtic warrior

There is nothing holier than thou or * about being responsible and not risking driving when having a session and getting the drinks down you.

He's 21....not 12....drink driving is a stupidly reckless cuntish thing to be doing in this day an age and as an * he should very well be aware of that fact.

Just because he's from Argentina and 21 shouldn't be changing that.

He's not a * child. He's an *.

AussieGreek likes this.
  13. StevieBhoooy!

Leaving aside the morals of this ‘incident’ ….

…. the biggest problem I have with it… is that we know about it at all. It’s a personal civil matter that will presumably go to court with an outcome that will (if proven) affect him personally in terms of (criminal record , driving license etc) his freedoms and finances etc.

Umpteen other people will have been stopped in Glasgow over the same weekend and charged with the same offence… we don’t see a list of them all featured in the scummy local rags and BBC Scotland web pages.

Im not interested in hearing about this sort of thing in regard to any player from any club… just want to know that if it happens we can rely on the same justice being applied as with any Joe public …and that should mean anonymity… at least until anything is finalised in court. Until then (and even beyond) it is a personal matter and for him and Celtic (if they feel it necessary) to deal with.

Maybe I’ve missed any initial media outrage with other players recently .. but most I’ve heard of in this situation had been once found guilty… at which point I have a wry smile knowing how much footballers love their cars and picturing them having to hitch a lift off the wife or team mate or get a taxi…

If I hear down the road our player has been fined and barred from driving for a good spell then that should be it.

As I said… it feels wrong that we should even know about this at this stage.

14. gazb1888

Victoria bitter.. where in Oz are you mate?

15. Onefootwonder

It's a criminal matter.

Any celebrity or football player caught allegedly drink driving will be all over the news. It's nothing new and not a Celtic player facing different rules.

16. StevieBhoooy!

Im not implying any different rules…. I just think that it should be irrelevant who it is until after any court action… even the. I think anybody should have the right to privacy.

If says more about our vile slavering media and celebrity obsessed culture than anything else I suppose.

17. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    * up

drink driving is * all to do with a holier than thou attitude

aye most will have done stupid even criminal things in our past but not all would’ve done something that could lead to innocents deaths

until you lose a family member to an irresponsible * who drink drives with no consideration to the innocents he could kill by his reckless attitude to the laws of the country, then you are as much a * as that person when having a dig at others

Officer Doofy, bhoy81 and AussieGreek like this.
  18. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    VB is utter pish to drink one the worst beers you can get

19. bigmac7288

Has he came out and said it’s drink driving or are people in here believing what the Huns paper are saying and has Celtic made a statement???

Iv not seen anything from Celtic if someone can put up a link that says it’s drink driving that would be helpful

20. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    hang him! hang him! hang him! - Just * off

James Mc likes this.