1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Alexandro Bernabei

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jun 30, 2022.

Discuss Alexandro Bernabei in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    That's why these guys pay agents, most of the time they're chasing after players doing dipshit things. Theyre like the pilot fish around sharks, cleaning up the mess so the shark can get bigger and healthier, but instead of food that investment makes them more money.

2. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Mad that the both players in last 2 years that have let the team and the fans down badly have probably both been the least contributing player in the whole squad

3. aussiehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Is "he's new to the country" the new "he knows the city"??

F*ck me, get a grip. No excuses for him. The bloke was caught drink driving. That's illegal in Scotland it's illegal in Argentina.

Give him a whack across the back of the head, tell him to put his head down and concentrate on competing against GT3 for a first team spot.

4. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

"they don't call him Beernabei for nothin"

I'll see myself out...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    AussieGreek and NakamuraTastic like this.
  5. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Or Burn-a-me?

Hold the door....

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Depends on the level, Scotland has a very, very low tolerance. You can have one beer and get done for it.

Most countries allow the one.

King of Kings likes this.
  7. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Not making any defence of his drink driving, but it will be dealt with in the same way it’s dealt with for anyone.

From a footballing perspective I’m more surprised/concerned by the timing of it. Being over the limit on a Monday morning means you’re either on the sauce on a Monday morning or a Sunday night, neither of which is a good look.

The guy needs to get his head down because Taylor has started the season brilliantly and comes across as genuinely hungry to keep getting better.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Again depends on the timing, that could be a bottle of wine at dinner and not on the sauce if it’s early Monday morning.

9. celtic warrior

I can't see Ange giving him what would be known as the Fergie treatment.

I think Ange and the way he conducts himself can be perfectly intimidating enough by saying very little and is not someone who would struggle to highlight the severity of the matter and what it could do to the club as so far to explain that if it happens again the club can't offer any support or protection as decisions will be taken and made outside of the clubs control.

I'd trust Ange to let the player know exactly where he stands just by staring at the *

Different eras obviously but if he doesnt wise up he will end up being papped out just like Juarez was.

Artorias likes this.
  10. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Read in an online article that he put something up on Instagram earlier in the evening, something about an agent now leaving, their last night. Possibly his agent or a representative that has stayed with him until he got settled??? Most likely gone out for some farewell dinner and drinks and it’s got out a hand.

Jo-Jo-Buffon likes this.
  11. StevieBhoooy!

I’ve heard of situations where the driver has been OTL at the roadside but under by the time the official test is done at the station…

Not sure if rules changed but I was involved in a hit and run by a drunk driver years ago…. He slammed into the car broadside (our car was written off it had so much damage) at a major junction - and outside a police station funnily enough - he managed to beck up and drive off…

… unfortunately for him he’d left his front number plate embedded in the side of our car - so we walked into the police station and dumped it on the desk.

By the time they caught up with the guy he was under the limit although was clearly * several hours earlier… he still got done for wreckless and leaving scene etc.. plus I think he lost his job (better than any fine) …

Always hoped his life fell apart completely after that.

12. EddieBhoy1986

According to the report he apparently got refused entry to a nightclub in the early hours of the morning so I doubt it was just a bottle of wine at dinner.

Also said he was on a nightout with Ralston and Welsh.

What I will never understand is people taking their car into town in the first place when they intend to drink.

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    I wonder if he has any mate at all in the team? Pretty sure he is the only Spanish speaking bloke on the side must be tough for him coming to a new country and having no * to talk to or chill with.. Not making excuse for him, * behavior but hopefully one of the boys takes him under their wing.. Or we fly in a girl for him like we did Abada.

14. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    There are rumours going about that Taylor actually spiked his drink.

NakamuraTastic and Lewis Kerr like this.
  15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

Also sorry to hear about that incident.

JamesM09 likes this.
  16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye on the sauce then. Ralston and Welsh should be chinning the * bringing his motor

17. EddieBhoy1986

Was on a night out with Ralston and Welsh apparently so think he has mates, he also been out with O'Riley and Jura from what I hear.

DdoubleD likes this.
  18. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Scotland isn’t zero tolerance, it went from 35 micrograms per 100 millilitres of breath to 22 micrograms per 100 millilitres of breath.

I bought my own breathalyser to make sure i don’t drive over the limit the next day and it’s calibrated to the Scottish limit

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic footballer Alexandro Bernabei has been charged following an alleged road traffic incident in Glasgow city centre.

The Argentine defender was arrested and taken into custody in the early hours of Monday.

Bernabei, 21, has since been released and will appear in court at a later date.

The left-back signed for Celtic in June in a reported £3.75m transfer from Lanus in Argentina.

Bernabei was an unused substitute for his side during their 5-0 victory at Kilmarnock on Sunday afternoon.

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: "On Monday, 15 August, 2022, a 21-year-old man was arrested and charged with a road traffic offence which took place in Glasgow city centre.

"He has been released on an undertaking to appear in court at a later date."

BBC Scotland has approached Celtic for comment.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Pretty common for footballers to have their blowout on the Sunday night's..

They'll have a game on the Saturday or Sunday for 1. And 2. It's a lot quieter on those night's/less agg..

Particularly at the minute when we've only the 1 game a week..