1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Alexandro Bernabei

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jun 30, 2022.

Discuss Alexandro Bernabei in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    If it's true he's an idiot. On top of whatever the court throws at him we should fine him the maximum 2 weeks wages and donate it to a charity that helps victims of drink drivers. Hopefully it's a wake up call for him and he gets a * grip.

NakamuraTastic and AussieGreek like this.
  2. leeso-ardoyne

WOW about some of the comments on here. Yes this kid possibly * up. We've all * up somewhere in life and he is no different. We all have our faults and flaws. Is he a stupid *, certainly is if he was steamed but what is it. For now, It's allegedly he was drink driving. No one knows anything about the incident. For all we know he could have been intagonised by a Hun cop and he's exploded. Untill we know the full circumstances, best to refrain from slating him I say.

Plus abit of perspective is needed. He's a 21 yr old younglad moved to a whole new culture half way around the world on his own. It's going to take time for him to settle. Me personally, I can't wait to see him playing for us. I think he's going to be a cracker. Playing with gritted teeth and will become a fans favorite and the Huns will hate him.

Ange will not be happy that's a given but I would say ange wouldn't be to hard on him like most think on here. He'll know this kids circumstances and while he'll get punished, I don't think it'll be severe.

NakamuraTastic, Pogues and stubhoy07 like this.
  3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Even if you have a zero tolerance attitude towards drink driving, any rational person should see that he deserves the opportunity to learn from his mistake once he’s had his punishment and be allowed to move on with his life. Rehabilitation is a much better solution than ostracisation.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

* almighty. Don't even know where to begin with that.

What a riddy.

5. murphy88

Depends if you look at it from a footballing point of view or not to be fair mate. Drink driving is potentially putting his and others life at risk, Bolingoli went on holiday basically. It hurt us more from a footballing point of view, but in terms of a general view, then Bernabei’s actions are definitely worse I would say.

I wouldn’t be getting rid of him like some have said though. The boy has made a massive * up. He will know it himself as well. Hopefully he learns from it and gets his head down and tries to push to get into the team.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

What’s the point in comparing him and Boli or McGregor?

Whataboutery doesn’t make an someones * up better or worse.

He can absolutely come back from it. But he will have a lot of work to do.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Talk of getting rid is ridiculous by the way..

As mentioned, our captain has done it and I bet quite a few other's in our squad past and present. Did Dembele or Ntcham or that no write their motor off going at ridiculous speeds the other year, albeit they don't drink....but still. The English poster boy Grealish was out his nut at a party up in Glasgow with McGinn and smashed up his..

I don't have a lot of sympathy for drink driver's although I'd be a hypocrite if I said I'd never been in a motor where the driver was over the limit..

It's much much worse than what Boli did as well. Isn't even close but he'll get a wake up call from this, bit if a backlash and hopefully learn from it..

8. leeso-ardoyne

First of all, anyone who says * almighty is obviously a woman or a if a man, wears womens panties because by * that is a ridiculous statement to come from someone who supposly has a set of clinkers. Did you put your hand over your mouth when you said this hahaha. So I'll have to go lightly Incase I offended you.

Do you know anything solid about the situation last night with the player and his arrest. Untill we all know everything is a possibility.

I'm not one of these eejits that all goes guns blazing at someone without knowing all the facts. Untill we do, it's all speculation. For what it's worth, I have been in a car where someone was arrested for allegedly drink driving only for it not to go to court! There could be a million reasons other than why everyone is getting there panties in a twist at why he got arrested. Untill we know the fact's, best to stay cam and support him. Is that not what Celtic supporters are about. Sticking up for our own. Not kicking them from all angles without knowing the full story. Even if he was steamed and had a go at the cops. There'd still be mitigating circumstances for him IMO.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    James Mc likes this.
  9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Wee tadger

10. davidhannah

Innocent until proven guilty. I believe in the verdict of Juries.

I suspect one of Bernie's boot boys will have antagonised Bernabei before tampering with the breathaliser.

11. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Tell that to bolingoli

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I would but I can’t get him aff Tinder.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

:56::56::57:

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

You are an eejit. Think you're proven that time and time again.

For a "man" who said he would embarrass his wean in public if he dared come out as gay or transgender, you don't half love talking about people being that way inclined.

And I suppose that's probably earned me yet another threat of finding out where I live so you can act like you're going to leather me. Gosh!

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Better watch he’s gonna come after you with his goat and knifes

bagforlife likes this.
  16. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

What a * :56:

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Until the full facts are known all we can say is he’s a wee * and he needs to wisen up.

The rumours have been circling around him for a few weeks btw which this doesn’t help, he’s been very fond of the bar in the Blythswood Hotel.

18. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    You're 100% a closet homosexual lol..

Never in my life thought someone was gay using the saying * almighty and I dont think anyone else has bar you. * weirdo.

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  19. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    If those rumours are true along with this latest incident then this already looks like a * of a signing.

Many on here thought his chance to sign for us was gone with the headbutt.

Really surprised with this given how ange talks about doing background checks on players etc.

All that aside iv not been overly impressed with his performances in pre season either. His positional sence would give Boli a brass neck

Taylor1 likes this.
  20. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I am 100% against drink driving. I have a mate who was a promising football player with many clubs watching him at 16 years old, drink driver put a stop to that as he had a leg smashed and needed rebuilt with pins, 40 years on and he still has pins and walks with a limp. However, everyone fecks up in their life and deserves another go with the right guidance,

If I am honest, I think I am most * at his attitude. He has come to the Club, with a fantastic opportunity to make his name and improve as a footballer at one of the best supported Clubs in the world. Privileged and everything at his feet, instead of getting his head down and trying to dislodge Taylor as first choice Left Back, he decided to go out on the * at this stage of the season. He should be concentrating getting fit, I'm sure he has a specific diet to follow. Yes he is young and wants to go out for a drink, but he is also a professional football player, he should be more disciplined that what he has shown.

NakamuraTastic and AussieGreek like this.