1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Alexandro Bernabei

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jun 30, 2022.

Discuss Alexandro Bernabei in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

He hasn't caught the eye because he's not been given a chance tbf.

This is a mistake. A huge one. I completely support Ange with what he does though.

TheHappyLoss and Hammy89 like this.
  2. john2061

Think when we get three goals in front in a game and with having 5 substitutes Ang should be giving him the last 20 minutes in a game as you never know the minute he might have to play 90 minutes if Taylor was to get injured.

3. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    So do you think McGregor should be punted aswell as he has previous for this?

4. celtic warrior

The difference between Bernabei and McGregor is I'm assuming here, what criminal convictions could do to a work permit which would be outside control of the club.

Call it an overreaction or whatever you like and hopefully for the most part it just turns out to be a non event to a degree as obviously every drink driving abuse is a serious matter regardless of what happened in the specific event.

But if anything else comes out linked to incident like what was attached to it at the start of the hun rumours being spread the lad could be in for nightmare of a time in Scotland.

5. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    It’s only different on the work permit side of things lads wanting him punted is a massive over reaction. We’ve all made mistakes at 21 and this is a mistake. I don’t condone his actions how many drinks did he have though?

could had 2 or 3 and drove home as the limit is so low might not be pished one drink is enough to put you over the limit. It was stupid and silly but we don’t have all the facts yet

gazb1888 likes this.
  6. stew37

He's a young lad but if he's found to be guilty of wrong doing, it's really disappointing and actually very angering from my point of view. Need everyone committed and pulling in the right direction. Don't want another Boli type here, so he better buck up his ideas or he can hit the road.

7. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    If he's genuinely sorry and has genuinely learned from his experience (and hasn't badly hurt someone) then I'm all for forgiveness and second chances....having a) done a load of stupid things in my yoof and b) having done a load of stupid things while drunk. However, as others have said, the drinking landscape is waay different nowadays then it was in 1992 when I was 21... and the moron could have easily paid for a taxi home AND a doner kebab stop off - where as I had to deal with drunk people urinating on the top deck of a London bus thinking it was a urinal (man that was a funny episode!) Strike 1 as they say.

Slater67 likes this.
  8. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    I really hope that is just BS as if true it would make it very difficult for him to stay with us.
    Even if he's used to a much more lax attitude towards it in his own country.

9. celtic warrior

There is mistakes and there is criminal offences.

We need to stop with casual "oh he's 21, we all made mistakes at 21"...yes we did...I got married to a massive * at 21 thinking I was in love...I didn't ever commit any criminal offences though.

Being 21 and/or from another country doesn't excuse you breaking laws.

I don't want him punted but he's putting his status at the club outside of the clubs control

10. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    What else was attached to it?

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Did you ever go above 30? Infact do you ever drive above 20 in the new 20 zones? All breaking the law. Without further info it could be a genuine mistake.

"Was only 1 glass of wine at dinner thought id be ok" when in reality you probably are OK with 1 glass.

Itll cost him 10 grand, no driving license and as long as he knows he was wrong and learns from his mistake then I'm fine with that. Caught again? Then punt.

12. celtic warrior

Think they were just making up bullshit like him getting into a fight which may have been racially motivated.

But in all honesty I expect that to be pure made up horseshit and think it will only be the drink driving

FranceCelt likes this.
  13. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    At 21 we’ve all done stupid things as mentioned he’s an idiot and was stupid to drive or even attempt to drive. There is numerous things deemed a criminal offence nowadays.

I don’t condone his actions at all for sure, we don’t have all the facts and doubt we will get them all. Could of had 2 drinks at dinner or that and be classed as drink driving we all don’t know

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  14. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Anyone equating this with Callum McGregor are wide of the mark.
    And they are only trying to defend the indefensible.
    We should have zero tolerance at the club for this kind of criminal offence
    which has killed and maimed thousands of innocent people in the past.
    Bernabei should have been knuckling down at training,
    and looking to impress the coaching staff as of his abilities
    and his willingness to put in the hard work and application.
    McGregor was an established player at the club when he
    had his one moment of weakness and lapse. He has been exemplary since.
    Bernabei headbutted an opponent just before he signed for us,
    and now this.
    It places a huge question mark over his temperament and suitability
    for the role we paid £3.5M for, and it gives Ange a huge headache,
    can he now rely on a dodgy Bernabei to replace Taylor if he is
    injured or suspended ?
    And I thought we looked into the background of players before we signed them ?.
    And the South American scout who recommended Bernabei
    should get a rocket and fired.

AussieGreek and Westlondonscot like this.
  15. JamesM09

Delete this before more people read it.

Noskeil, Wllm and cfcturbo like this.
  16. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Drink driving is one of the few things that I have zero tolerance for. Everybody knows you don’t drink and drive these days ffs. Extremely selfish and puts others at risk.
    Surprised by the number of folk on here that seem willing to let this slide.

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Massive overreaction bud.

Should everyone caught drink driving automatically lose their job?
    Where would we stand on someone else giving him a contract then? Should someone else benefit from him being punted?
    Or do we then go down the line of thinking that he shouldn't be allowed a job at all?
    Is that just a rule for footballers, or does that thinking go to all professions?
    If so, does that mean that if you're caught drink driving, you should never be allowed to work ever again?
    If we aren't allowing folk to work ever again, is it better to give a jail sentence? 1 year then forgotten? 25 years? Life in prison?

My point, punting the guy for simply drink driving - an act we all want to take the morale high ground on - is a bit OTT considering that vast percentage of drinkers who can drive have probably done it at some point. I'm not condoning it at all, but we need to be a little bit more sensible with the reactions.

Fined by the club, license revoked, made to train on the side/with the Wain's for a fortnight should suffice.

(Assuming it's just being caught drink driving and hasn't done any one an injury here).

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  18. celtic warrior

It's OK he's only 21 and we've all made mistakes at 21.

I don't want him punted myself personally but being such a dangerous selfish * in this day and age is frustrating to see as when your here on a work permit you need to be on your best behavior and not be putting yourself in situations where it has a stupidly high chance of hurting someone fatally which can then risk your status with the work permit.

Which as * as it sounds as it shouldn't be about this, it then means the decisions are taking out of the clubs hands and they've then just watched a multi million transfer and wage packet investment get blown to pieces.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not the point, though, is it?

Obviously we don't know how much alcohol was in Bernabei's system. But drink driving has claimed * knows how many lives. Personally I think drink driving is far worse than a football team having to postpone two matches because of covid.

There's no doubt whatsoever it's worse than what Boli did.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Isn't clever at all..

Will rightly get a clip round the ear for this and doesn't help that he's trying to settle in to a new country/continent as a young guy and stake a claim for first team football..

No all but feel like footballers get done for this quite a bit..

Wise up son..