1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Salman Rushdie stabbed

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by HoopSprings, Aug 14, 2022.

Discuss Salman Rushdie stabbed in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HoopSprings

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Been following this story over the last couple of days. Absolute * madness. How do you get into a mindset where you need to stab someone because a book written over 30 years ago has offended you?

And it turns out now that JK Rowling has been threatened for tweeting support for Rushdie.

2. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Horrible what's happened to him,talk of him losing an eye...75 years old ffs.

The subhuman scumbag who done it should have been dealt with there and then.

HoopSprings likes this.
  3. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Anybody who thinks they can react to Free Speech like that should be Hung On Piano Wire, because we have No Future!

PS And getting Angry over a Made Up Character in the Sky ffs!!!!!!

HoopSprings likes this.
  4. Mr. Slippyfist

I always thought he was black

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Big man has done well. Worst fatwa ever. Couldn’t get near the bold yin for decades.

Speedy recovery Salman.

cidermaster likes this.
  6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Pretty sure some publishers/illustrators/various hangers on have been murdered before now though. Madness.

7. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

He’s Iranian is he no?

One a they mad Ayatollah * basically put a religious hit out on the *. Mental.

seanm likes this.
  8. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    What a sad world we live in!

seanm likes this.
  9. Mr. Slippyfist

I haven’t a * clue mate.

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Indian descent I’m sure. Was the Iranian Ayatollah who put out the Fatwa on him. It could never be reversed as only the person who started the Fatwa can take it away and he died.

seanm likes this.
  11. leeso-ardoyne

Playing devil's advocate here but I wouldn't call it sub human! While I don't agree with what he did because to live in a good society, this type of behavior is unacceptable. Especially against old men however humans are * savages. It's just we've been dociled down with laws to try and put a stop to this type of behavior. Remove the laws and your own mindset changes. :47:

With that said, I know nothing about this incident or why someone would do this to him. First time even hearing this fellas name but the world we live in, it doesn't surprise me hearing this.

12. Mr. Slippyfist

13. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Some would also say that it’s unacceptable to tell multiple members of the forum that you’re going to find their address and batter them, but I guess that’s just the kind of world we live in.

14. leeso-ardoyne

Are you still following me around the forum princess. This has been going on awhile now you baiting me! Did you not say you'd blocked me? Reason why I called you out because you mentioned my kids! Not going to go into it on here because don't want a ban.

With that said, instead of this * back and forth on here, Give me a shout when you've grown a set of balls instead of hiding behind a computer/phone screen. You know where I am.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  15. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I didn’t mention your kids. I mentioned that you said you’d batter your own kid, which you did.

Not chasing you around the forum. Just observing you making an * out of yourself and chip in when I see it. And there we go, the predictable challenge to fight. Never change, “princess”.

jj81 and leeso-ardoyne like this.
  16. HoopSprings

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It will be interesting to see what happens with the JK Rowling threat, as it has come from a Twitter user in Pakistan, where capital punishment is one of the sanctions that can be imposed for blasphemy.

17. davidhannah

The trans cult are out to get JK Rowling. Nicola's silence on it is deafening. JK Rowling is one of the most prominent women this country has ever known. The imprint her books have left globally and in Edinburgh. Hollywood films Harry Potter and Fantastic beasts. There's even a theme park in Florida. She's sold over 500 million books. 13.9 million followers on twitter. Her crime. She believes like me that women are female. She's principled and considerate.

Nicola is nothing but a sleek it timeous cowering beastie in comparison to Rowling. I hope nothing bad happens to her. History won't be kind to Sturgeon but it will and should be to JK Rowling. She's been made a prisoner in her own home in Edinburgh. Sturgeon says nothing thanks to the toxic environment peddled by Nicola's cult. Sturgeon can rot.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

What the * are you slabbering about now? Salman Rushdie gets stabbed and you go on a tirade about trans folk?

How you are still on here I don’t know. I used to get a holiday for calling somebody a hun, yet you have been spewing bigotry and intolerance around this forum for donkeys. Ridiculous.

The Phoenix and seanm like this.
  19. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Salman Rushdie stabbed by some extremist in America. Can see why you’ve taken the opportunity to have a dig at Sturgeon :56:

Sean Daleer, seanm and davidhannah like this.
  20. HoopSprings

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This is sod all to do with this thread. The threat to Rowling came in direct response to her support for Salman Rushdie. I very much doubt that the * threatening her has any idea who Sturgeon is.

Sean Daleer, seanm and davidhannah like this.