1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Primera Liga 2022-23

Discussion in 'World Football' started by FCBarca, Aug 12, 2022.

Discuss Primera Liga 2022-23 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Been awhile since I've seen a current thread on the league

August 12, new season kicks off

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Thought I'd respond here rather than derail the transfer thread

Complicated topic, complicated answer. First & foremost, he has not been refused what he is owed - he has been paid according to his contract. The issue at the moment is the deferred money that is forthcoming

The palancas are an attempt to come out from under the 4:1 or 3:1 FFP rule for transfers and you say desperate and I say desperate times call for similar measures. And considering the alternative, they do not seem like desperate measures at all. Barca Studios is nothing and probably could use someone to improve it. TV rights Laporta already has negotiated a hugely better deal than what Tebas/CVC and Liga were forcing on clubs.

But yes, 10 years things have declined under new leadership - voting in corporate crooks can do that, fortunately we are a democratic club and can vote in better leadership. Just a shame so much time & Leo's best years squandered. As for youth, they keep producing tremendous talents anyway so no worries there and it will continue to be the case.

Yes, it's embarrassing that the club is in the predicament it finds itself in but I also believe you can never look at a solution to a problem ignoring the context. Laporta inherited this situation, a situation borne of malfeasance on the part of Bartomeu. Now, a democratic club unlike those run by oligarchs can course correct bad paths as is beginning to take shape here but there's considerable damage. Bartomeu signed poison pill extension contracts to 4 players after he knew he was being censured and booted out of the club - so rather than be ousted, he resigned in disgrace but not before he tried to cook the books to hide the calamitous financial state he had left the club in. One of those decisions was around FDJ's contract - they reduced his wages to balance the FFP while backloading the deferred money downstream for the next board to deal with the ramifications Laporta finds himself faced with. Huge contract terms that make it difficult to compete or be in line with the Liga FFP

Laporta rightly says, look we're in a * position so either you reduce your wages or accept to be transferred as the club cannot absorb it and thrive - from my perspective, nothing wrong in this. From Frenkie's POV, nothing wrong on his side either - he wants to get the entirety of the terms the previous board signed him for, deferred or otherwise. Now if two parties are unhappy with a contract, they can negotiate to find a solution and in this case only two options are viable. The 3rd of FDJ just hanging on to be paid means he will be marginalized in a squad and club where the overall sentiment is for him not to be there. We've seen some negative feedback from local support but flash forward 6 months or longer and it will be an untenable situation.

Yes, he could go the Gareth Bale route but that's the nuclear option where no one is happy except the player getting his wages but he will not be welcome at the club in terms of minutes or fan support. He can do that but will it be best for his career, esp. in WC season and his prime?

I trust Laporta to find a good solution but it's a tough situation. They are a popular topic in the media now but in 17 months Laporta has done a world of good in turning things around and I am not just optimistic about the future but confident

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  3. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    If i was De Jong i’d tell the club and the fans to go * themselves and sit out my contract. If they where genuinely struggling and trying to cut back then fair doo’s, but going out and buying players and expecting you to drop your wages to cover it embarrassing

Again i revert back to when La Liga reported PSG to the EU because they lost out on Mbappe, how can they sit by this?

Skelleto likes this.
  4. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    The nuclear option is always available to him, we'll see how it plays out - I can't see Frenkie going down that route

They expect their homegrown players to do it and they have, they are hardly paupers - they are being asked to reduce exorbitant wages to something in line with the club salary structure

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Maybe they only signed due to the wages on offer. I'd be sitting out my contract. Just because you don't like what your paying him now then tough. A contract is a contract. What your proposing is bullying him into lowering his contract. He could've then been elsewhere earning more. Imo its disgusting. I'd certainly sit it out. Get it right up them and the new shiny toys that can't be registered. Pretty sure those shiny new toys are on plenty money aswel. Gonna ask them to reduce salary next year aswel?

Get them in and then * them over seems the plan.

6. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    No doubt. Increasingly I believe FDJ simply looked to go to the highest bidder much like his Dutch teammates. And more power to him, Laporta wouldn't have signed him on those wages. Many players, even today, take less to come to Barca

You seem to ignore that those who signed him to the contract are not the same as those who want him to reduce it. That seems like an ancillary detail to some but it's relevant context nevermind the dire financial state of the club.

Everyone signed in Laporta era 2.0 are on wages in line with the new salary structure to be good with FFP, La Liga & UEFA. No one is on crazy wages among the newcomers - transfer fees & wages are not synonymous when it comes to FFP

7. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Bobo woulda loved being at barca.

8. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    You consistently blame the previous regime but they were put in power by the same people who have put Laporta in power.

Westlondonscot and Skelleto like this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Beauty of democracy, theoretically you can course correct

Me personally, I have known what Rosell & Bartomeu were like long before they got into office but few heeded the warnings. Now they know better

You get an oligarch taking over a club, not a thing you can do about it but complain

11. Keano88

Decent that.

Only 10 games a season, hopefully squeeze the El Classicos in there.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10 games to start with they should get decent Views every week.

13. Sentinel

I am sure I read that Barto was criticising Laporta not taking some deal for 25% of the umbrella Co that includes Barca Studios, and Laporta then sold 10% of just the studios for more.

I am far from happy with the way Barca are now acting and how they are tarnishing their legacy, but I don't think anyone realised just how corrupt Barto and his crew were.

Even with this current shambles they still have Pedri, Gavi and Fati (injury really curtailed his progress) - 3 of the most exciting young talents around.

FCBarca likes this.
  14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    So if your manager at your work leaves, the new manager wants to lower pay because the previous manager wasn't great with their figures and bullied you into taking lower wages that's okay because that person didn't offer you a contract?

15. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    In your analogy the manager runs a billion euro company? Doesn't sound like any manager I've ever heard of

Said company doesn't have to adhere to salary FFP so the manager/CEO could pay whatever they wanted, backload it anyway they want and then the next ones in charge would have to balance the books. The difference at Barca is that there is a fiduciary responsibility to run things without financial malfeasance which is what has occurred here. There are many things wrong with the analogy not the least of which is if said company was also at risk of going under due to how the previous administrators conducted themselves

Barca is a big target owing to their size, history etc. but I think it is remarkable how Laporta has been managing this mess he inherited

16. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    All registered except for injured Kounde who will likely be completed this week along with Alonso.

Expected XI tonight:[​IMG]

Liam Scales and elbhoydo like this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Looking forward to seeing the new Barcelona tonight.

Massive game against Rayo

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Despite the utter shambles of a club that Barca have turned into… I * love Xavi. One of my favourite ever players, can’t help but root for him.

Wllm likes this.
  19. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Xavi was magnificent. Just my opinion and some might say the likes of Messi or even that lad in midfield from PSG instead but thought Xavi put in the greatest ever individual performance against us at Celtic Park. Not one of our players could get within 5 yards of him as he sprayed the ball about with impunity.

20. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    They’ve been absolutely * first half. So boring.