1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jota.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Luis1967, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Jota. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    There is mate, it’s to do with the manager a lot. Denayer considered us a lot by all accounts, because Wilmots at the time respected us as a team and what it takes to shine at us. And he kept it up with Boyata as well. It totally depends on the manager in charge of the International team.

But I agree with your point there totally as well, and as much as I hate to admit it, Huns getting to the Europa Final, anything we do against them this year will be a lot more respected than it usually would.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Wizard of Oz

LloydsGamble and greengrocer like this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

Skelleto and Wllm like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Joao Tralhao insists phase one of Jota’s Celticmission is already complete. But the Hoops star’s former Benfica mentor has told the Parkhead faithful the best is yet to come from the Portuguese winger who’s found his spiritual home.

Jota’s journey from the Estádio da Luz to the east end of Glasgow has seen Tralhao play a pivotal role as his under-19 coach in Lisbon and he’s backed his protege to graduate to even bigger and better things. The 41-year-old, who was most recently assistant boss at Monaco, is convinced Jota ’s a rare gem with a mindset and desire to improve which is just as impressive as the tricks, flicks and goals

He said: “I really know Jota well as I coached him for three complete seasons. I know him well both as a person and as a player. As a person he has an amazing character. He’s very clever, he has a football intelligence and is very focused. He’s very focused and knows his goals, that focus was clear from the first moment I saw him. He wanted to reach the first team level as soon as possible.

It’s not easy to find a young player with focus, intelligence and a willingness to be a hard worker. To find such a talented player with all of those qualities is rare but he’s always had a massive working capacity. He has used all of those factors to become one of the best players in the Scottish league and you have seen that already this season.

“Jota’s talent is unlimited. He can play on the right and on the left and can do everything with both feet. He can cross, he can create and he can dribble, he can shoot and he can score goals, that’s the complete player.”

Tralhao is adamant Jota’s transition into the Scottish Premiership hasn’t taken him by surprise and he’s watched the 23-year-old start the campaign with a goal and four assists to his name with pride and it’s the striker’s mindset which he believes sets him apart

He said: “What you see with Jota is a superior mentality and a focus which makes him a special talent. He sets his goals and works hard to reach them. I’m not surprised he’s adapted so well to Scottish football as I know Scottish football and British football’s reality.

It’s a demanding environment both in terms of football and technical things but it’s also a different style in terms of mentality. To play in a league like the Scottish Premiership is a change in pace as it’s a very quick style of football.

“You need to have the right mentality to play there and I knew Jota had that mentality. I knew he would succeed so what he’s achieved hasn’t surprised me.

“Celtic are a massive club, it was a huge challenge for him to move there and show the best of himself and he did that last season. He’s at a club with incredible supporters and he’s at a club which has a big name in Europe so you need to be a special talent and have a special mentality to play there.

Last season he did well, I have no doubt that this season he will do even better and Celtic fans are getting to see that already. I keep a close eye on how he’s getting on and the last few games have been amazing. One goal and four assists in his opening two games are terrific stats for any player. What he’s adding to his game has been really amazing.”

Tralhao’s reputation as star maker is well established with the likes of Manchester Citysuperstars Ruben Dias, Bernardo Silva, Joao Cancelo all coming under his charge at Benfica’s academy and he’s put Jota at the top of his class and praised Celtic for creating a platform for the player to progress.

He said: “I’ve worked with very talented young players but some of them lack an intensity or mentality but Jota has both. He’s shown he has the intensity to play in Scotland and not every player arrives from a different country being able to do that.

He’s desperate to succeed and I have no doubt he’ll again show himself to be one of the most exciting players in the league and in Europe this season. I have no doubts that he’ll continue to take forward steps in his career. To play abroad is not easy for any player.

“The difference in cultures is huge, the Portuguese culture and mentality is a bit different from the Scottish culture. Sometimes the environment created around the player can be a problem but not for Jota.

That is the first step he’s managed to take to become successful. You need to have the right mental structure and emotional structure to move abroad and adapt. First it’s about adapting to the country, second to the city, then to the club and next to your team-mates and then it’s about adapting to a different style of coaching. To do that you need to have the capacity to adapt well and Jota has always had that capacity as he’s a very adaptable player.

“In terms of emotional structure, Jota is very close to his family. That has helped him as he’s very emotionally controlled and in the right place to achieve his goals. Celtic as a club deserve so much credit for creating the perfect environment for him.”

tarboltontim likes this.
  6. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Good point his youth coach makes in that article above about adapting to the culture. His excellent grasp of English undoubtedly helps, but the way he just seemed to be comfortable here immediately was especially impressive. I mean C'mon, the guy was busting out Scottish slang within days of arriving

Liam Scales likes this.
  7. celtic warrior

He's got his head screwed on and seems like he knows and thrives of the raw sexual passion we all hold for him

Skelleto and AussieGreek like this.
  8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Those hips of his don't lie

9. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I maybe jumping the gun here... But is possible (not probable) that we could love this kid as much as the great Henke?

I see alot of similarities with them. Their determination and tenacity obviously. But their focus and football "brain" also seems uncanny.

10. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Wow , a gift from * mark 2

:party22:

11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

What a player.

12. kenyan_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Had a thought just after that goal went in - how the * do we keep him????

13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Break the wage structure. * financial stability, Jota will score so much that we'll always win something.

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Handcuffs and a basement :fear:

craigtheceltic likes this.
  15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    World Class.

Creativecelt likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. CarmunnockBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    hes the heart of the team ❤️

18. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He's decent at tap ins.

19. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He’s found another level already, gets stuck in working up and down the line.

20. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

man of the match today for me.